Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Americanzi
Posts: 14,959
Reputation: 1336803
iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I am actually shocked that the counter argument that was brought up was for an FSU coach. Did not see that coming...

The last handful of pages in this thread have been great, keep it up guys.
__________________


"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Always Be Closing
Posts: 1,438
Reputation: 500304
Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
No one but USCw fans will think he's in the top tier as either a DL coach or Recruiter.

In 2013 he wasn't even in the Top 25 recruiters. He was in 2011-12 but never the top guy. One DL coach has made the list the last 3 years and thats FSU Interior DL Coach Odell Haggins.
You caught me off guard with an FSU reference there. I definitely didn't see that coming.

*Edit...iowatreat54: haha you and I both I guess*

Last edited by Punisher : 10-02-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,210
Reputation: 554176
MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I am actually shocked that the counter argument that was brought up was for an FSU coach. Did not see that coming...

The last handful of pages in this thread have been great, keep it up guys.
Facts are facts and he's the only DL coach on the list.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,201
Reputation: 2318623
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Also, on the Charlie Strong front, hiring a head coach because he can recruit is really, really stupid. You fill out your position coaches with a bunch of bros who can recruit and be creepy on twitter.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Americanzi
Posts: 14,959
Reputation: 1336803
iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Facts are facts and he's the only DL coach on the list.
So him being the only DL coach on a list of top recruiters...how does that make him the top recruiter or the top DL coach? It may make him the top recruiting DL coach, but no the top DL coach AND top recruiter.

I'll hang up and listen...
__________________


"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Northwest
Posts: 9,062
Reputation: 1125459
SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Also, on the Charlie Strong front, hiring a head coach because he can recruit is really, really stupid. You fill out your position coaches with a bunch of bros who can recruit and be creepy on twitter.
He does seem to be a very good leader, though. I wouldn't be hiring him because of his recruiting, he seems to have a great relationship with his team...and he's a true general. But his spot is in the south.

Massnole gonna Massnole...

...clown.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,201
Reputation: 2318623
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm not saying Charlie Strong is a bad coach. His work at Florida would indicate that he knows something about defense, and he seems to handle the media really well.

I'm just saying that hiring a guy because he has recruiting connections is an awful idea and has bombed on many occasions.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Always Be Closing
Posts: 1,438
Reputation: 500304
Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Also, on the Charlie Strong front, hiring a head coach because he can recruit is really, really stupid. You fill out your position coaches with a bunch of bros who can recruit and be creepy on twitter.
Well USC has some of those bros.


My wishlist for USC headcoach right now(Realistic options):

1.)Chris Petersen
-Proven to get the most of out of little talent. Fantastic with young QB development. Fantastic record, and good history in big games. Humble yet confident leader who would be the exact opposite of Lame Kitten.
2.)Jack Del Rio
-Tough mentality that the team would surely instill from the get go. People person and could really see that boding well with his personality on the recruiting front. He would bring some great defensive talent to the Trojans while actually letting some else coach the offense(imagine that).
3.)James Franklin
-I honestly have not watched Vanderbilt games but he seems like the "it" guy. Just a fantastic motivator and recruiter. To make Vanderbilt football relevant is quite the task. Watching his interviews and pregame/post game speeches inspired me.
4.)Pat Fitzgerald
5.)Kevin Sumlin
6.)Charlie Strong
7.)Derek Mason
8-10.)Bobby Bowden
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Northwest
Posts: 9,062
Reputation: 1125459
SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm not saying Charlie Strong is a bad coach. His work at Florida would indicate that he knows something about defense, and he seems to handle the media really well.

I'm just saying that hiring a guy because he has recruiting connections is an awful idea and has bombed on many occasions.
Especially at a program that recruits for itself. Obviously you need coaches who have an idea of what they are doing, and are relentless in this day and age...but its an overrated aspect at big time programs.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,210
Reputation: 554176
MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So him being the only DL coach on a list of top recruiters...how does that make him the top recruiter or the top DL coach? It may make him the top recruiting DL coach, but no the top DL coach AND top recruiter.

I'll hang up and listen...
I never made assertion.

However it is clear Orgeron is neither the best DL Coach in the country or the best Recruiter in the country. In fact you can't even claim he's the best recruier at his position in the country. He got the wrap as a great recruiter when USC was great and it was like shooting fish in a barrel, and maybe then he was. But in 2013 he isn't.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Northwest
Posts: 9,062
Reputation: 1125459
SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I never made assertion.

However it is clear Orgeron is neither the best DL Coach in the country or the best Recruiter in the country. In fact you can't even claim he's the best recruier at his position in the country. He got the wrap as a great recruiter when USC was great and it was like shooting fish in a barrel, and maybe then he was. But in 2013 he isn't.


Ok I'm done.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,210
Reputation: 554176
MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Does Del Rio have much if any college experience? He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will like having to recruit egotistical children.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,210
Reputation: 554176
MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post


Ok I'm done.
You made the ridiculous and laughably stupid assertion about Orgeron that you can't begin to backup, just admit you're wrong.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,560
Reputation: 477873
Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Does Del Rio have much if any college experience? He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will like having to recruit egotistical children.
He's got none. Literally has never coached in any capacity at the NCAA level.
__________________
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Northwest
Posts: 9,062
Reputation: 1125459
SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
You made the ridiculous and laughably stupid assertion about Orgeron that you can't begin to backup, just admit you're wrong.
Because he wasn't on a list of recruiters? And that is determined how? And yes, he is still the best DL coach in the country.

Where is this list? and if Tee Martin isn't on it...it is ******* useless.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Americanzi
Posts: 14,959
Reputation: 1336803
iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I never made assertion.

However it is clear Orgeron is neither the best DL Coach in the country or the best Recruiter in the country. In fact you can't even claim he's the best recruier at his position in the country. He got the wrap as a great recruiter when USC was great and it was like shooting fish in a barrel, and maybe then he was. But in 2013 he isn't.
Well, actually you brought up the FSU coach for no reason, so that would lead a reasonable person to the conclusion you are implying said coach is relevant to the topic.

The discussion was whether Orgeron was a top DL coach and/or a top recruiter. You could have just said he is not on a list of top recruiters the last 3 years, and left it at that.

So the question is, who do you believe to be the top DL coach and who is the top recruiter in the country?
__________________


"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Always Be Closing
Posts: 1,438
Reputation: 500304
Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Does Del Rio have much if any college experience? He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will like having to recruit egotistical children.
IF JDR were to be the head coach I don't think that be as much of an issue. In fact, I think that would be a positive. Get everyone on the same page discipline wise and weed out "me first" attitudes. Nick Saban seems be doing doing fine in that category. (Ofcourse i'd rather have midget Saban yelling in my face rather than Del Rio who looks like he could play a couple of downs still at linebacker.)
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Northwest
Posts: 9,062
Reputation: 1125459
SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
IF JDR were to be the head coach I don't think that be as much of an issue. In fact, I think that would be a positive. Get everyone on the same page discipline wise and weed out "me first" attitudes. Nick Saban seems be doing doing fine in that category. (Ofcourse i'd rather have midget Saban yelling in my face rather than Del Rio who looks like he could play a couple of downs still at linebacker.)
Oh he can definitely still play linebacker.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Northwest
Posts: 9,062
Reputation: 1125459
SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Well, actually you brought up the FSU coach for no reason, so that would lead a reasonable person to the conclusion you are implying said coach is relevant to the topic.

The discussion was whether Orgeron was a top DL coach and/or a top recruiter. You could have just said he is not on a list of top recruiters the last 3 years, and left it at that.

So the question is, who do you believe to be the top DL coach and who is the top recruiter in the country?
Bobby Bowden and Jimbo.

Who else?
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,210
Reputation: 554176
MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
IF JDR were to be the head coach I don't think that be as much of an issue. In fact, I think that would be a positive. Get everyone on the same page discipline wise and weed out "me first" attitudes. Nick Saban seems be doing doing fine in that category. (Ofcourse i'd rather have midget Saban yelling in my face rather than Del Rio who looks like he could play a couple of downs still at linebacker.)
Just looked it up he has only been an NFL coach. You can't compare him to Saban at all in that regard. Saban came up as a college coach and learned the nuiances of recruiting. He developed his own system that his tree of coaches all implemented with tremendous success. Del Rio doesn't even know the first thing about any of what goes into recruiting whereas Saban is THE master with proven disciples because of his custom built system and methodology.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Americanzi
Posts: 14,959
Reputation: 1336803
iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

USC should just hire Kirk Ferentz and get it over with.
__________________


"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,210
Reputation: 554176
MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Well, actually you brought up the FSU coach for no reason, so that would lead a reasonable person to the conclusion you are implying said coach is relevant to the topic.

The discussion was whether Orgeron was a top DL coach and/or a top recruiter. You could have just said he is not on a list of top recruiters the last 3 years, and left it at that.

So the question is, who do you believe to be the top DL coach and who is the top recruiter in the country?
Top Recruiter - Kirby Smart
Top Defensive Line Coach - Brick Haley or Chris Rumph
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,210
Reputation: 554176
MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Because he wasn't on a list of recruiters? And that is determined how? And yes, he is still the best DL coach in the country.

Where is this list? and if Tee Martin isn't on it...it is ******* useless.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hig...013/?mobile=no

And based on what is he possibly the best? It isn't on field quality or NFL draft picks.

Last edited by MassNole : 10-02-2013 at 12:26 PM.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Always Be Closing
Posts: 1,438
Reputation: 500304
Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Just looked it up he has only been an NFL coach. You can't compare him to Saban at all in that regard. Saban came up as a college coach and learned the nuiances of recruiting. He developed his own system that his tree of coaches all implemented with tremendous success. Del Rio doesn't even know the first thing about any of what goes into recruiting whereas Saban is THE master with proven disciples because of his custom built system and methodology.
You asked about Del Rio having a problem being too much of a disciplinarian with players in which I compared him to Saban in that regard. Everything you said is irrelevant to that fact.

Last edited by Punisher : 10-02-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Northwest
Posts: 9,062
Reputation: 1125459
SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hig...013/?mobile=no

And based on what is he possibly the best? It isn't on field quality or NFL draft picks.
You obviously have no idea who CEO has coached then.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.