Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-02-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It does seem like over the past few years Orgeron's role in recruiting as not been as significant as it was when he got there. The past few years it seemed like most of the big guys were brought in by Clay Helton, Kennedy Polamalu, or Tee Martin.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
You asked about Del Rio having a problem being too much of a disciplinarian with players in which I compared him to Saban in that regard. Everything you said is irrelevant to that fact.
No I openly questioned his ability to recruit egotistical children.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is cursed man.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Larry Johnson for coach and recruiter

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Evaluating coaches is completely worthless because no one except people in the program know what those coaches are actually responsible for.

And **** recruiters anyway, I'll take a guy who can evaluate who can't recruit for **** any day of the week.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post

And **** recruiters anyway, I'll take a guy who can evaluate who can't recruit for **** any day of the week.
Agreed. Especially at USC, as long as the next coach is a winner he could have aspergers and get 5 star talent.

I mean Bobby Bowden did it...
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Evaluating coaches is completely worthless because no one except people in the program know what those coaches are actually responsible for.
This. So True.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. Especially at USC, as long as the next coach is a winner he could have aspergers and get 5 star talent.

I mean Bobby Bowden did it...
Not liking your tone in that last statement.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Not liking your tone in that last statement.
I'm taking the Massnole school of trolling. :)
Old 10-03-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqi9gP3tFV0

Idk about head coach but how can you not like this guy
Old 10-03-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Loved this quote

Quote:
Ed Orgeron on the difference in his second first day as a head coach: “I didn’t take my shirt off today."
Old 10-03-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Loved this quote
I really hope we can keep Ed O, even with our next head coach.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really hope we can keep Ed O, even with our next head coach.
He has been telling recruits he will be back next year regardless of who the HC is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Early word is that USC is looking for an offensive minded college coach. They do have a list of candidates, and it'll be interesting to see how this progresses.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Early word is that USC is looking for an offensive minded college coach. They do have a list of candidates, and it'll be interesting to see how this progresses.
Chris Petersen please
Old 10-04-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Chris Petersen please
Petersen is one of the names on that short list.

Quote:
Old 10-04-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
You obviously have no idea who CEO has coached then.
Re reading this thread is great. Massnole thinking CEO is not one of the best d line coaches/recruiters is comedy.

Here is a good short list for CEO's defensive line resume on who he has recruited and coached:

Cortez Kennedy, Russell Maryland, Warren Sapp, Shaun Cody, Mike Patterson, Kenechi Udeze, Lawrence Jackson, Leonard Williams, Morgan Breslin.

and this guy:

Last edited by Punisher : 10-04-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/colle...s-coaching-job

So people have been acting as USC people and calling coaches and agents...sweet. Dungy was quoted on Dan Patrick saying someone contacted his people and Haden knew nothing about it.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/colle...s-coaching-job

So people have been acting as USC people and calling coaches and agents...sweet. Dungy was quoted on Dan Patrick saying someone contacted his people and Haden knew nothing about it.
Think about how many people don't want USC to be back competing.

Conspiracy I tell ya...but seriously, this is ****** up.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Interesting article by Pete Thamel at SI.com about the situation at Texas and the dysfunction. It looks like there are problems bigger than athletics in Austin. I'm really interested to see how Texas handles this huge period of transition over the next six months.

The article described a environment where it seems everyone including Brown got caught up in the success and glory of Texas athletics and as a result a relaxed environment was born and Brown paid less attention to play on the field. Here's part of the article that I found interesting.

Quote:
While Texas' on-field performance has slipped, Brown's off-field demands have also increased. Every Monday, Brown has media obligations from 9:50 a.m. to 3 p.m. He spends time on Tuesday and Wednesday dealing with Longhorn Network shows focused on Texas practices, and he has an hour-long radio show simulcast on Wednesday. On Thursday, he does a 30-minute television show that takes approximately an hour to tape.
Texas is Texas and has deep pockets but I can't imagine a coach coming in and taking on that same schedule. Whenever I judge a college football decision I ask myself "What Would Nick Saban Have Done?" There is no way Saban would allow those many distractions to keep him from coaching and recruiting. He wouldn't stand for it. Every coach has the radio/TV show in their contract but Brown's media obligations border on ridiculous.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh.

It's a double-edged sword. All of those media obligations brings in the revenue and attention to the program that pays for his and his assistant's salaries, facilities, recruiting budget, and helps with exposure to recruits, etc.

Besides, with how easy it is to recruit at Texas in comparison to most other schools, it's not like he is running short on time.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Meh.

It's a double-edged sword. All of those media obligations brings in the revenue and attention to the program that pays for his and his assistant's salaries, facilities, recruiting budget, and helps with exposure to recruits, etc.
That's true but that's not going to help you out if you don't win and your head coach has to spend a considerable amount of time doing things that have nothing to do with preparing for the weeks opponent. One of the things that makes Saban so great is that he cuts out the distractions and keeps them to a minimum so he can concentrate on winning football games and preparing for them. Plus Texas isn't having as easy a time recruiting in state as they used too. You can have a big recruiting budget, nice facilities, and a ton of media but you're not going to win if your coach is spending an entire Monday doing media appearances. And winning is the ultimate recruiting tool.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great coaches are great multi-taskers that can handle the coaching, recruiting, media, and all of that at the same time.

I don't think Mack Brown is losing games because he's spending too much time in media. I think he's losing games because he gets softer by the year.

And if he judges talent at all positions as poorly as he's judged QB talent in recent years, I'd say that's probably the main factor to Texas' decline.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
And if he judges talent at all positions as poorly as he's judged QB talent in recent years, I'd say that's probably the main factor to Texas' decline.
Absolutely, he has whiffed on every QB since Colt.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm perfectly happy with his QB assessment.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote