Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are acting like Freeman is Ryan Leaf.

2010 Season- Second year in the league. 25 Td's to 6 Ints. Over 61% CMP% and lead the team to 10-6 season. Just missing out on the playoffs.

2011 Season- 16 Td's to 22 Ints, His CMP% was still over 60%.

2012 Season- 27 Td's to 17 Int's. Dropped to 54%. Had two really poor games that must have thrown 7 Int's in those. A 9-7 season.

I think it's coming out now the the Head Coach hasn't lost the locker room. It's Josh Freeman that lost the locker room. How you call yourself a leader and the QB of the team and miss the team pic is a joke. He should have been benched for that.

The guy has some growing up to do. Don't know if its the millions he's made or the Bucs never being hard on him but he's changed. Not the person the Bucs drafted. Could still be the player.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the beginning of the end for Schiano...then again this move could save him his job if Glennon sparks the team...I havent seen Glennon play enough to make a judgement, but I havent heard anything that makes me think it will happen.

Last edited by Eazy Picks : 09-27-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa Bay fans be like RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAWWWWWWRRRR!!!!!!!
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
way too much Schiano bad mouthing in here
He doesn't belong in the NFL as a head coach and he's to much of a controlling freak to be a D coordinator. Raheem Morris was a better hire then Schiano, he needs to go back to college. Hopefully he is let go sooner rather then later.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Freeman issued a statement Monday night saying he "voluntarily" entered the NFL drug program because he takes medication to treat ADHD.

"I have NEVER tested positive for any illegal drugs or related substances," Freeman said. "Further, I have agreed to take, and have PASSED 46 NFL-regulated drug tests over the last year and a half. ... I have ADHD and I have been prescribed and permitted to take medication to treat this condition for the entirety of my NFL career. Well over a year ago, I took a different medication for the same condition (Ritalin rather than Adderall), and to assure everyone that the error was a one-time mistake, I agreed to be voluntarily tested in the 'NFL Program'." The confidentiality of Freeman's medical status has been violated, and he and the NFL Players Association plan to take action.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFLPA is investigating the Bucs, the starting left tackle says the team is in the wrong, the team forced Freeman to leave a suite he paid for at a game, and the GM told him to stay away from a team meeting even though he showed up for it.

What a mess. This is making McDaniels vs Cutler look reasonable.

Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:02 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucs should be in some seriously deep **** for releasing that information, like losing a 2nd-3rd round pick in the draft deep ****.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly Donald Penn is an asshat and needs to go too. He should be part of the housecleaning that Schiano needs to do on that team.

There are a lot of lazy entitled players on that team that want the Raheem Morris lifestyle back. Schiano needs to gut the team of those guys and build his program.

I'm a firm believer in Schiano, and I think any time you bring in a disciplinarian coach to replace a soft coach, these types of issues will arise. Players will revolt, they'll resist, and ultimately you need to weed out the garbage and build your own team bc they're cancers to the program.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Honestly Donald Penn is an asshat and needs to go too. He should be part of the housecleaning that Schiano needs to do on that team.

There are a lot of lazy entitled players on that team that want the Raheem Morris lifestyle back. Schiano needs to gut the team of those guys and build his program.

I'm a firm believer in Schiano, and I think any time you bring in a disciplinarian coach to replace a soft coach, these types of issues will arise. Players will revolt, they'll resist, and ultimately you need to weed out the garbage and build your own team bc they're cancers to the program.
Schiano weeded out the garbage last year. Players will start to revolt against him because he's got one win in his last 10 games. When you have vets like Dashon Goldson who just got to Tampa having player only meetings to listen to complaints about the head coach in training camp there is something wrong.
Raheem Morris for all his faults won ten games with Freeman with half the talent Schiano has. The remaining schedule is brutal, two or three wins maybe. No way Schiano survives this year.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...30045849092097

Released.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman has been released by the Bucs.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not seeing a lot of options for Freeman, at least for now. Maybe at the end of the year he could get another shot.

The problem with Freeman probably has more to do with things above the shoulders, which is much worse than someone's passing %.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's about time. They should have done it a week ago.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

So apparently he was fined for missing team meetings, missing the team meal before the start of the regular season, and for arriving late to the bus.

So for those keeping score at home:

-He missed meetings
-He missed the team photo
-He missed his own camp for kids
-He was in the substance abuse program
-He missed the team meal
-He wasn't voted captain by his own teammates
-He came to the bus late
-He sucked

And we're supposed to feel sorry for the guy? I never heard of a franchise qb, the supposed leader of the team, ever having these kind of problems.

Freeman is a turd, and that is being ignored bc of how the media is portraying Tampa Bay and Greg Schiano in particular regarding this situation.

If my qb was like that I'd treat him like crap too. Good riddance.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 10-03-2013 at 01:58 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of buy his story for the substance abuse thing, but aside from that it's really not looking too good for him on the score board. Kind of surprising really, always thought he came off well in interviews and such.

At 25, I still think his skillset lends itself well to being an attractive project quarterback for a team in need without a high draft pick(or a team with an older starter looking to groom a guy to play a few years down the line), but it really has to be the right situation and right coaching staff to get him reigned in and turn it around. The talent is there, but the discipline and drive is clearly lacking.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You said it well ElectricEye, he's 25. People forget that. He came out early after never redshirting, maturity is almost always an issue when you're that young. He's still only a year older than guys like Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, and only months older than Kaep, Locker, Ponder.

In other words. He's still young. He needed a change of scenery, I've been saying that for a while.

He's a low risk, high-reward guy at this point. I'd expect to see teams like Oakland, Cleveland, Minnesota, Arizona looking into him.

I really hope he doesn't end up in Jacksonville (wrong situation) and Houston (I'd hate to have to play him twice a year).

To me, he's like getting a free first or second round draft pick in next years draft if you can sign him
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I kind of buy his story for the substance abuse thing, but aside from that it's really not looking too good for him on the score board. Kind of surprising really, always thought he came off well in interviews and such.

At 25, I still think his skillset lends itself well to being an attractive project quarterback for a team in need without a high draft pick(or a team with an older starter looking to groom a guy to play a few years down the line), but it really has to be the right situation and right coaching staff to get him reigned in and turn it around. The talent is there, but the discipline and drive is clearly lacking.
I hate to dig Jake Locker up all the time (don't laugh) but both guys came out of college with somewhat similar issues and skillsets and you see the results when you put in all the work and keep yourself grounded.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

race card, race card, who's got the race card. You know it's coming.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
race card, race card, who's got the race card. You know it's coming.

Josh Freeman is biracial, so both sides get to claim his idiocy for not wearing a watch.

Seriously, as a random football fan I hope he gets his immaturity/substance abuse issues fixed. Freeman still has game IMO.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I hate to dig Jake Locker up all the time (don't laugh) but both guys came out of college with somewhat similar issues and skillsets and you see the results when you put in all the work and keep yourself grounded.
Locker was looking good this season and especially lately, but I wouldn't slam the door on Freeman just yet. Freeman has already had an entire year where he played at a well above average level. There's teams in the league that would kill for the kind of production he gave the Bucs in in 2010. Ironically enough, he did that with far less talent at skill positions around him than he had the past two years as well.

I think we're going to go through the same song and dance we do whenever a player is run out of somewhere, but there's a fairly extensive history of guys in this game who have succeeded after failing in one place...including guys who have started and won Super Bowls. It's entirely possible Freeman ends up being more like Byron Leftwhich than Steve Young, but he's out there and available for an attractive price.

If I'm a team like the Vikings and I'm looking at starting Matt Cassel or Christian Ponder, I'm doing my due diligence on the guy. A team like Houston could make sense, even. Schaub is getting older and the team may be peaking under his leadership. They're in no position to draft a top quarterback and all Freeman costs is some cash and a roster spot. If he doesn't work out, you lose nothing by cutting him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see this drama finally end. He should have lots of team giving him a serious look. He may have some warts, but he is only 25, has the tools, and has played QB in the NFL at a fairly high level. He could start for a number of teams. Potential starting or even decent QBs are semi rare so he will quickly get another chance. He might latch on somewhere short term and then find a better long term fit this offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacksonville needs to give him a ring a ding ding.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Sign him, get a couple extra wins. Miss out on Bridgewater. Back to square one.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
To be a backup next year, I don't see it. There's always teams like the Raiders who would give him a look.

Like I said, when your problems are of the mental variety teams normally want to stay away from that.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals would be interesting...