Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 09-30-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a mouth full of goose feathers after this round of pillow biting.

I can handle Pryor's sexiness. Putting in Flynn is like putting it in without the lube.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Matt Flynn proves he is what he is, a serviceable back up QB. A healthy Pryor would have likely won that game yesterday, and with a big game against SD coming up he's got to play. I'm still liking what I've been seeing so far though, especially on defense. We are actually stopping teams (except Denver but has/will?) and if we are lucky enough to land Clowney in the draft this defense can make a huge turnaround

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm off Clowney. Just can't trust the guy. I'd sooner take Barr at this point.

As for Flynn, is he even a backup QB? I knew he wouldn't do well without some really good blocking, especially against those two rush LBs. But...holy ****. Never saw that tragedy coming.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
I'm off Clowney. Just can't trust the guy. I'd sooner take Barr at this point.

As for Flynn, is he even a backup QB? I knew he wouldn't do well without some really good blocking, especially against those two rush LBs. But...holy ****. Never saw that tragedy coming.
He's a backup QB in the sense Kyle Boller was a backup QB.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barr is a very good prospect that I'd be happy was added but there's no way I'd take him over Clowney

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 10-02-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
He's a backup QB in the sense Kyle Boller was a backup QB.
In other words, give them each a cheap suit and a lot full of used cars to sell. 10-4

God damn it.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Barr is a very good prospect that I'd be happy was added but there's no way I'd take him over Clowney
I dunno. Even when he gets blocked one on one, he doesn't do much. If hype led to QB sacks, he'd be All World by now. But even when he does manage to get around a blocker, he misses his target. I couldn't get behind taking him top 5. I just couldn't.

God damn it.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:01 AM    (permalink
TheMadLionsFan
Rookie

TheMadLionsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

how is Sio Moore doing?
TheMadLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I'm sure we all have heard by now Josh Freeman is a F/A and I honestly wouldn't mind bringing him in to compete with Pryor near the end of the season. Much better talent than Flynn and still has a lot of playing days ahead of him.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 10-03-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be such an Al Davis move.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

I don't know. I thought of that. But I tank the Raiders need to dedicate this year to Pryor. Let him lead the Raiders to marginal success and a positive outlook or let him lead them to a new QBotF in the 2014 draft.

Freeman just muddies the water.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know. I thought of that. But I tank the Raiders need to dedicate this year to Pryor. Let him lead the Raiders to marginal success and a positive outlook or let him lead them to a new QBotF in the 2014 draft.

Freeman just muddies the water.
That could be one way to look at it.

Depends on what the coaches REALLY think of Pryor (is he our best chance because of our poor talent at the position, or is he really good?)

Another way to look at it could be: ''I am not really sure/I know Pryor is not the long term answer, why not put some competition and see what he is really made of, or get an improvement in the position.''

Last edited by Xonraider : 10-04-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Xonraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman sucks....do...not...want...

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pryor looked pretty damn good last night!
Old 10-07-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Bill Polian said Pryor looks like the most improved player in the NFL.

Quote:
Bill Polian on ESPN's NFL Insiders on Raiders QB Terrelle Pryor: "He's improved more than any player I've seen."

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...02702746583040

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pryor does not really convince me as our future franchise QB, but I think he is the QB we need now, and I believe he might have us be good enough not to be in position to draft Teddy Bridgewater. Maybe next year we keep on rebuilding other places and then trade up to draft my beloved Jameis Winston.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^I pretty much agree. He's the best we have right now, but I'm not sold on him as a franchise QB either. I don't really like run first QB's, too much risk of injury and turnovers.

I don't think we're going to have to worry about the earlier discussions of Clowney vs Teddy anymore, there's no way the Jags are winning more than two games. We probably won't even get a top 3 pick at this point.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predict the Raiders will not lose this week!!

I really want Veldheer and Wiz back and Watson too. He hasn't played or anything but I'd like to know if we have our bookends for the next 10 years. I'll even take Pashos back for a while.

Branch and Burris would be awesome to have back as well. Branch more than Burris.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-03-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

This place is dead right now.

Maybe we aren't biting our pillows nearly as much as we thought we would.

And the next 3 games look surprisingly easy if the offense can just be consistent. Could the Raiders be 6-4 when they play the Cowboys?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I predict the Raiders will not lose this week!!

I really want Veldheer and Wiz back and Watson too. He hasn't played or anything but I'd like to know if we have our bookends for the next 10 years. I'll even take Pashos back for a while.

Branch and Burris would be awesome to have back as well. Branch more than Burris.
Branch would be huge to get back. Veldheer and Watson are vitally important as well.

I really want to know why the Raiders are not running any sweeps/tosses with McFadden. Run those plays and some screens to either him or Reece and you will see the Raiders offense produce consistently.

That's what made McFadden so effective when Hue Jackson was here. It wasn't a bunch of dive plays up the middle.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This place is dead right now.

Maybe we aren't biting our pillows nearly as much as we thought we would.

And the next 3 games look surprisingly easy if the offense can just be consistent. Could the Raiders be 6-4 when they play the Cowboys?
Bad timing buddy, bad timing lol.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Bad timing buddy, bad timing lol.
Yeah, I have a mouthful of down feathers right now.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Gtdamn that was horrendous

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-03-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That got ugly. Really highlighted the lack of a good pass rusher. Foles had an age to throw.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

The secondary also blew ass at points

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: