Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
because some people believe that putting padding on the outside will make the force travel to the spine rather than absorb the impact to where the helmet it.
are these the people who make the current helmets?
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
because some people believe that putting padding on the outside will make the force travel to the spine rather than absorb the impact to where the helmet it.
For that hit of the 11-year old to cause a spinal fracture, that tells me somethings not right with these helmets. They're constantly trying to advance, improve the helmet, and I think they have a long way to go.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His hitting style reminds me of Ronnie Lott and John Lynch. He is a safety from a truly bygone era.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
For that hit of the 11-year old to cause a spinal fracture, that tells me somethings not right with these helmets. They're constantly trying to advance, improve the helmet, and I think they have a long way to go.
That poor kid probably had an issue with his spine prior to the hit. Those things happen. Truly sad, but it's football.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have to remember 11 year Olds are still developing, you don't hear many death or broken spines in the NFL, a case or two in ncaa.

Helmets were made to stop skull fracture. Not concussion, it's almost impossible to stop your brain from jarring around inside your skull, and get a bruise. Stop playing, if you don't want a concussion. Nfl is scum for hiding it from players like tobacco companies. But if you don't want lung cancer don't smoke, and wear a mask around at all times.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goldson is and always has been a clean hitter, he is just a very big hitter so sometimes it looks dirty I guess.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:03 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What bugs me is 5 years ago all the hits he has made this season would have been " Great, Clean " hits. And Goldson would have been highlighted as a player that would knock you out.

But now a days... even if it's a clean huge hit that this guy lays. The flags are going to fly.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:22 AM    (permalink
BoJackson
Rookie

BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't say Goldson is dirty, I'd just say he's not a very smart player. Whether or not his hits are clean or dirty, he doesn't need to go for the big hit every single time. He tends to put himself in the position to be called for personal fouls by going for big hits when it's completely unnecessary to the situation.

Needless to say, I'm much happier with Eric Reid over Goldson so far.
BoJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Soft huh?
Really? Go out there one play, see how soft it is.

Speaking of helmet to helmet hits, check this one out by an 11-year old league here in Texas. http://www.wfaa.com/news/texas-news/...elmet-hit.html

After replaying the video time and time, and pausing it at contact, I don't think it was dirty. He barely lowered his head. Sure, his eyes were down, so he led with the crown instead of head/eyes up, but it wasn't that bad.

But the result was, fractured spine. Why not put some padding on the outside of the helmet, soften the initial blows?
yes it's gotten soft as compared to years before why would i need to get on a field to see the difference?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Brandon Meriweather is a dirty player. His hit on Eddie Lacey deserves a suspension because he made the same type of hit a few years ago. I think it was on Todd Heap of the Ravens. Where he intentionally drops his head and leads with the crown of his helmet as both players were jumping in the air; completely defenseless. Those types of hits I don't mind being punished even if former great safeties like John Lynch made a career out of of those kind of hits. I can understand that portion of flags, fines and suspensions.
http://m.washingtonpost.com/sports/r...c3e_story.html

I don't think it's thread worthy, especially with a topic so closely related, but Meriweather has been suspended for two games on hits to Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall. He is getting out of control. He nearly decapitated Lacey, and then in the same game knocked himself out going for a helmet-to-helmet hit. And this past week he has dished out brutal hits to Jeffery and Marshall.

Meriweather is a complete scumbag and, unfortunately, because he's a terrible player the league doesn't care and neither do fans. They'd rather fine Suh for clean hits during PR stunts - why fine Meriweather? No one is going to care. I would have a zero tolerance policy with Meriweather. If he does anything like this again - this season - he should be suspended for the year. His career is basically over anyway.

This has been a long time coming. And I only think its getting the attention it has gotten is because it happened to a star player in Brandon Marshall who created headlines by saying Meriweather should be kicked out of the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah merriweather is not only a dirty player, he is a terrible player. the redskins should not even be putting him out on the field.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meriweather dirty? I mean it's not like he's the type of guy who would repeatedly stomp another player while he lays on the ground.

Oh wait.