Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-06-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hell yeah! Take the chains off and leave em off forever!

Proud of the OL today. They did a great job in giving Romo time. Big weakness going into the offseason appears resolved.

The defense on the other hand... So far it doesn't appear that the Kiffin hire has made a difference. So when are we going to start looking like the Seattle defense again???
soon as we get richard sherman, earl thomas, cam chancellor and brandon browner
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
It seemed like we understood what this game required of us on offense. We knew that we were going to have to scrap the run a little bit and aim for 35+ points cause the defense was gonna offer little resistance. Honesty that should be the concept going forward for this team - played right with the best team in the league.
Yeah, I bet they thought 48 would be enough too. haha. D gave up 51!!! Can't even remember the last time that happened.

I miss Rob Ryan.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I bet they thought 48 would be enough too. haha. D gave up 51!!! Can't even remember the last time that happened.

I miss Rob Ryan.
I hate seeing the Saints doing so well. I am so puzzled as to what's different - they've had tons of injuries and are still playing great.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
you are what your rep says YOU are -934
Unpopular maybe, but accurate.

An we all know how well the "popular kids" always do from high school.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
1 first rounder
2 fifth rounders
1 UDFA

..... player development and smart drafting/signing matter.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hell yeah! Take the chains off and leave em off forever!

Proud of the OL today. They did a great job in giving Romo time. Big weakness going into the offseason appears resolved.

The defense on the other hand... So far it doesn't appear that the Kiffin hire has made a difference. So when are we going to start looking like the Seattle defense again???
Quote:
in all seriousness what really killing the cowobys are those little checkdowns b/c no one is covering it just giving away 5 yards a pop at a minimum. that killed last week and this game to b/c their unable to get in a alot 3rd and long situation where the qb's have to hold the ball and d-ware can be unleashed.

case in point 48-41 were up its 3 & 10 on their 20 and they get 11 yards on a 4 yards dump off to moreno but no one is there to tackle them if we stopped them their we win the game. we have to get that worked out b/c the broncos didn't hit but 1 or 2 big plays down the field it was all short and intermediate stuff and teams are going to continue bleed us to death slowly if don't stop that
Old 10-06-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
I hate seeing the Saints doing so well. I am so puzzled as to what's different - they've had tons of injuries and are still playing great.
Better management team. Better QB.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCowboysTroll View Post
Unpopular maybe, but accurate.

An we all know how well the "popular kids" always do from high school.
the same guy who said dez was crap and trade him away, yeah real accurate s.t.f.u.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
the same guy who said dez was crap and trade him away, yeah real accurate s.t.f.u.
I have stated we won't win with Dez. He is emblematic of the problems in Dallas. 1) Mistake prone, 2) Teacher's pet

What have we done since Dez arrived?

Erratic offense. Turnovers like today? Dropped key passes like last week?

He is awesome in shorts and he sometimes makes plays to his physical skill sets. I even thought he was great to draft.

But great football teams are tough and smart. Dez is neither.

I have proposed gutting this team of all its stars for some time.

Starting all over with a stronger mgmt team and a new personality.

One not tied to the past failures.

Last edited by BobTheCowboysTroll : 10-06-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:

I miss Rob Ryan.
i don't miss 9 or 13 guys on the field or ill timed zero coverage bltizes that lead 80 yard td's

rob ryan defense is better suited to a team like NO b/c they score alot so he can be aggressive, but to his own omission he simplified alot things, something he didn't do here

we'll see how good his defense really is other than opening weekend at home against ATL what upper echelon offense have they played. the broncos might put 70 on the saints if they played them
Old 10-06-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We got 2 physical man cover CBs and a S that can come up in run support. Sherman was getting torched today. Browner was getting away harassing receivers. They play physical and seem to get no calls. I dunno it's weird. Chancellor isn't really special imo. I think the key to their success is Thomas. He really holds it down. That's the one facet they have that we don't have. When you are able to have a single high safety to cover the deep secondary that really let's the dogs loose. THAT'S the position that I'm mostly jealous of. We need ourselves an Earl Thomas.

Kiffin should try it with Scandrick. Mo can't do it. No instincts. But you put him in man like we saw today and he can make plays. That INT was all him. Peyton was testing him all day, and he gave up some, but he stopped some too and overall did alright. Came up with the fumble recovery too. Interested to see how PFF grades him out tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
I have stated we won't win with Dez. He is emblematic of the problems in Dallas. 1) Mistake prone, 2) Teacher's pet

He is awesome in shorts and he sometimes makes plays to his physical skill sets. I even thought he was great to draft.

so by that logic we would win if we had TO smart, and snake/locker room cancer

dude put 141 plus 2 tds and its his fault we gave up 51, ok so he fumbled show me great player who has never fumbled one time during his career, just 1.

if you're so smart why don't you make billions dollars and buy your own sports franchise and use your madden franchise logic to show everybody how much of a genius you are
Old 10-06-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
We got 2 physical man cover CBs and a S that can come up in run support. Sherman was getting torched today. Browner was getting away harassing receivers. They play physical and seem to get no calls. I dunno it's weird. Chancellor isn't really special imo. I think the key to their success is Thomas. He really holds it down. That's the one facet they have that we don't have. When you are able to have a single high safety to cover the deep secondary that really let's the dogs loose. THAT'S the position that I'm mostly jealous of. We need ourselves an Earl Thomas.

Kiffin should try it with Scandrick. Mo can't do it. No instincts. But you put him in man like we saw today and he can make plays. That INT was all him. Peyton was testing him all day, and he gave up some, but he stopped some too and overall did alright. Came up with the fumble recovery too. Interested to see how PFF grades him out tomorrow.
Which makes it totally logical to hire Monte Kiffin to his last contract before he retires.

A misfit for our personnel with no upside.

LOL.

A year earlier we trade up to draft the next Deoin Sanders and pay a man corner, Carr, huge dollars ... then we scrap the whole thing and flush the investment down the toilet.

Jerrah Jones, steady hand.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
so by that logic we would win if we had TO smart, and snake/locker room cancer

dude put 141 plus 2 tds and its his fault we gave up 51, ok so he fumbled show me great player who has never fumbled one time during his career, just 1.

if you're so smart why don't you make billions dollars and buy your own sports franchise and use your madden franchise logic to show everybody how much of a genius you are

What did we win with TO?

I think you are making my point.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
proof
Rookie

proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i heard a report earlier today before the game that the cowboys coaching staff said that they would be throwing more deep balls now that room's ribs were healed up. that definitely turned out to be the case, so maybe the shackles on the offense were directly tied to that. i sure hope so.

luckily the east is wide open, and if they can be as aggressive going forward as they were tonight, maybe things we're not dead in the water.

i saw a LOT to be excited about. we've all known the weaknesses and frustrations of this team for a while now, and they'll continue, but if we can get some positives to outweigh them there's still room for optimism.
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:

i was kidding about the seahawks secondary.

the problem with the defense isn't the secondary, its those checkdowns that are getting 7-8 yards a pop. we had a chance with 3rd and long to get stop and ice the game but we gave up 11 yards on 3rd & 10 on a 2 yard pass. it we can make those 2 yards passes go for 3 or 4 yards instead of 9-10 we'll be able to get more pressure on the qb and get off the field b/c teams will be in more 3rd and longs
Old 10-06-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Dude we lost to the Broncos by 3 points by an end of game FG. **** about blowing up this team. The more you talk, the more you look dumb.

You act like we got blown out and there's nothing right about our players. There's no reason for this team to think they can't beat anyone every week. In fact today's performance should give them even more confidence to do so.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
proof
Rookie

proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, no disrespect to bob because i don't hold any of the baggage towards him other posters do, but you have to be a cussing idiot to be against dez at this point. dude is a MONSTER and gives us a fighting chance in any game.
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:

What did we win with TO?

I think you are making my point.
TO is the opposite of dez, your making no point you should bash everything

why am i even replying to you anyway, your just a waste of space
Old 10-06-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof View Post
i heard a report earlier today before the game that the cowboys coaching staff said that they would be throwing more deep balls now that room's ribs were healed up. that definitely turned out to be the case, so maybe the shackles on the offense were directly tied to that. i sure hope so.

luckily the east is wide open, and if they can be as aggressive going forward as they were tonight, maybe things we're not dead in the water.

i saw a LOT to be excited about. we've all known the weaknesses and frustrations of this team for a while now, and they'll continue, but if we can get some positives to outweigh them there's still room for optimism.
I guess if we had not seen this tape so often I would believe you.

Nothing today is a moral victory.

This is an old team with old stars who continue to make the same mistakes and fail to grab hold of opportunities to excel.

Again they abandon the run. Again they fail to make a play on D to win a game. Again, the coaches are lost. Again, we lose the turnovers at key spots.

Same old Cowboys, except much older.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Dude we lost to the Broncos by 3 points by an end of game FG. **** about blowing up this team. The more you talk, the more you look dumb.

You act like we got blown out and there's nothing right about our players. There's no reason for this team to think they can't beat anyone every week. In fact today's performance should give them even more confidence to do so.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

It is as if the same cast did not do this same play the last 7 years.

You keep hoping. Hope and Change.

We can even put Jerrah's imagine on the old Obama stickers from 2008.

Last edited by BobTheCowboysTroll : 10-06-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
TO is the opposite of dez, your making no point you should bash everything

why am i even replying to you anyway, your just a waste of space
You keep riding Dez to 8-8, 7-9 ...... enjoy that ride.

Not saying he the reason for the record but his existence is emblematic of the deep problem we have.

Guys who are big talents that will always be off-broadway.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
You keep riding Dez to 8-8, 7-9 ...... enjoy that ride.

Not saying he the reason for the record but his existence is emblematic of the deep problem we have.

Guys who are big talents that will always be off-broadway.
i truly wish you came face 2 face with dez bryant in a dark alley with no witnesses someday

Old 10-06-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
i was kidding about the seahawks secondary.

the problem with the defense isn't the secondary, its those checkdowns that are getting 7-8 yards a pop. we had a chance with 3rd and long to get stop and ice the game but we gave up 11 yards on 3rd & 10 on a 2 yard pass. it we can make those 2 yards passes go for 3 or 4 yards instead of 9-10 we'll be able to get more pressure on the qb and get off the field b/c teams will be in more 3rd and longs
I would've liked to see us play more physical against their WRs. Bump them hard at the LOS, get scrappy with them in their routes.. try to disrupt their timing. Peyton was getting rid of his passes FAST! If all we did was stop them from getting open so quickly then Peyton would've been forced to hold the ball longer. But our zone defense just gets picked apart by this mastermind QB. When Peyton was with the Colts, the antidote to beating him was getting physical with his WRs. Ty Law laid out the blueprint. Obviously new passing rules helped him more these days, but we still should've left their WRs with bruises. Tampa2 does nothing to stop smart QBs like Peyton.

Not to discredit the guys too much. We did a good job holding Wes Welker and Damayrius Thomas in check for the most part, but Peyton just found other ways to attack us. Julius Thomas went off today. They just have too many weapons.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
I would've liked to see us play more physical against their WRs. Bump them hard at the LOS, get scrappy with them in their routes.. try to disrupt their timing. Peyton was getting rid of his passes FAST! If all we did was stop them from getting open so quickly then Peyton would've been forced to hold the ball longer. But our zone defense just gets picked apart by this mastermind QB. When Peyton was with the Colts, the antidote to beating him was getting physical with his WRs. Ty Law laid out the blueprint. Obviously new passing rules helped him more these days, but we still should've left their WRs with bruises. Tampa2 does nothing to stop smart QBs like Peyton.

Not to discredit the guys too much. We did a good job holding Wes Welker and Damayrius Thomas in check for the most part, but Peyton just found other ways to attack us. Julius Thomas went off today. They just have too many weapons.
what im saying is its not that peyton is so great, it doesn't take a mastermind to dump the ball off in to that flat if the defense just doesn't cover it. san diego did the same thing last week. somebody should be responsible for coming up and tackling that guy. that is what was killing us

moreno and hillman were combined targeted 9 times for 9 catches and 102 yards all on little dump off passes. that averages out to over 10 yards per completion that just way too easy. we can't continue to give that up. yeah they got weapons but 102 is way too much. the reason peyton did't get pressure was we simply never got them into 3rd and long and why.? 10 yards a pop on a checkdowns