Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Turner to The Bills on draft day?

Chris Brown, the Bills official reporter, said in a chat with buffalobills.com message board users that he has a gut feeling that Turner will be a Bill come the end of draft day. Take it for what it's worth, but Brown is employed by the Bills and never posts crap.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That definately would not surprise me.
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't consider this a reliable source, but it is still possible that Turner is a Bill. Until there's a legit source, this is all hearsay.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

Maybe a swap of picks, Turner and 30 to the bills for 12? I don't know the value but it seems SD values Turner as at least a late first rounder. Then SD has there pick from all the WR prospects not named CJ. Just taking a wild guess.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all guesswork because there are no reliable reports from a reputable source. Having the beat reporter from the Bills' website say something is not credible.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-26-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I could see a swap. That is the most likely scenario imo.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
It's all guesswork because there are no reliable reports from a reputable source. Having the beat reporter from the Bills' website say something is not credible.
If you have ever read his stuff you know he only posts legit things.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

He is employed by the Bills, so he has some inside info. However, I won't give it credibility because he is not an independent reporter. I am skeptical of reports on team websites and message boards in general. This goes for stuff from the Eagles as well.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
He is employed by the Bills, so he has some inside info. However, I won't give it credibility because he is not an independent reporter. I am skeptical of reports on team websites and message boards in general. This goes for stuff from the Eagles as well.
I see where you are coming from, but Brown has been right very often. Like I said, take it for what it's worth.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Fair enough. I hope the Bills can make themselves a good deal. The franchise deserves better than what McGahee did to them.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Totally agree. I like Turner too. I mean, I would be happy with a swap. We could still fill a need at LB in round one with hopefully Puz, Beason, or Timmons falling.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turner a BIll
Julius Jones a Titan
LJ a Packer???
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i really hope not..i dont want Chargers getting Willis. i rather watch Bills take ihm
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

willis will be gone at 12 so it wont matter
Old 04-26-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please happen. Patrick Willis could then make it down to St. Louis.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fair enough. I hope the Bills can make themselves a good deal. The franchise deserves better than what McGahee did to them.
Just wait till he and the Ravens travel up north and watch what he does to them. :D The Bills better do something on draft day to get a quality RB whether its Turner or a draft pick.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lance Zierlein noted in his blog the other day that his gut feeling would be the Bills and it would involve their 2nd. My guess awhile back was Buffalo giving up a 2nd ... and a 2008 1st, which everyone would obviously be inclined to scream "too much".
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WAAAAY TOO MUCH! If they gave a 2nd and a 1st I would be pissed beyond belief.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Lance Zierlein noted in his blog the other day that his gut feeling would be the Bills and it would involve their 2nd. My guess awhile back was Buffalo giving up a 2nd ... and a 2008 1st, which everyone would obviously be inclined to scream "too much".
Because it is, laughably so.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

do u honestly see that happening toon?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Do you think the Bills would pick for the Chargers at 12 and trade that player to the Chargers as part of the deal? And if so who would it be? I cant see anyone there that SD would really target. Any ideas?

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Because it is, laughably so.
If the scenario was switched I would be furious if San Diego was giving that up for MT too, I believe as most people do you have to build through the draft....

BUT, don't be suprised if something like that happens. I know most people on here say oh a 2nd is fair that's probably what it will be, but AJ is a good, but stubborn GM. He set a value for Turner and he won't take what he feels is less than that value. If the deal goes down, the least I could see it being is a swapping of picks, but if the Bills really want Turner, they are going to have to trade a decent amount for him. I'm not necesarily saying hes worth it, but that's how it would play out...Though personally I think Turner would pan out well, it's all about how the Bills/Any other team feel about him.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45 View Post
Do you think the Bills would pick for the Chargers at 12 and trade that player to the Chargers as part of the deal? And if so who would it be? I cant see anyone there that SD would really target. Any ideas?
They would target Patrick Willis, Reggie Nelson (though early considering recent stock fall), Any WR they feel really big on at that value, possibly a player to put on the D-Line...AJ has said he's open to just about any position but QB/RB/K/P in round 1 so it could be anyone.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think the Bills would be willing to drop that far...there will still be at least one or two near-elite prospects available at #12. (Of course, the Chargers would take this deal in a second.....I just don't think Levy would do it.)

The Titans are much more likely to engage in an exchange of first-round picks.....and if the Chargers are looking to move up in round one, I think the Titans will be their partner. Possibly the Packers, but I doubt it.

However, if it goes into the second round and a deal has not been struck, or if the Chargers are looking for a second-round pick straight up, then the Bills have the advantage on just about everyone.

Of course, the Browns could decide to throw their hat in the ring, which makes it all that much more interesting. If they're at all nervous about Peterson's durability, they could grab Quinn at #3, then trade their second-round pick straight up for Turner.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what would they give up?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote