Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-28-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not bad or anything, but you kind of just end up hammering the same buttons without regard for the situation at hand. There's zero challenge, even on hard. You can stagger enemies into bad loops with two or three hits and they don't really punish you for your mistakes. That's kind of accented by the fact the enemies are repeated fairly often, with higher ranked versions having close to identical attack patterns.

I actually ended up doing hardly any of the sidequests in order to stay low level. Made things more interesting for a bit, but I need games to progress mechanically as you put time into them. Kingdoms of Amalur didn't do that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:15 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Just paid off Beyond Two Souls can't wait for it.
Be sure to post your thoughts about it
Old 09-30-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most hyped I've been for a game since Mass Effect 2. I need this game as soon as possible.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-30-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
wtf was i just watching for the first two minutes of that?

also, zero deaths for 3 minutes? did they dumb down the difficulty?
It's actually harder according to most of the people who have played it, it's just a closed beta going out to select people(who most likely have experience with the series...plus he was using two phantoms like a scrub). You lose health after each death in Undead form and can be invaded at any time. Healing is slower, enemies are more aggressive, and backstabs are completely nerfed.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-30-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Haha, sounded like you may have played it. A lot of people who liked the first game were nervous(myself included initially) about them pulling a "We want Skyrim's audience" with this one. Early reports and video confirms that this isn't the case. The first game was easily my game of the console generation.

...it's probably still not for everyone though. Still, I'm pretty god damn stoked. I made like six fake European PSN accounts to try to get into the beta coming up.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-07-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...in-development

Quote:
United Front Games, developer of the wonderful Sleeping Dogs, has confirmed development of some sort of sequel "based in the Sleeping Dogs universe."
My body could not be more ready!
Old 10-07-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Splat I think I am joining you in getting Beyond Two Souls tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just FYI on Beyond Two Souls.

Quote:
If you received your Special Edition for pre-ordering at GameStop, please note that all the extras included on the voucher code will be live after today’s PlayStation Store update this afternoon.
I didn't know and when I tried and it didn't work I was pretty upset haha.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is in the special edition?
Old 10-08-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
What is in the special edition?
Actually any pre-order is the special edition with this game. I didn't cost any more. You get a steelcase,behind the scenes video,soundtrack,PS3 Theme,PSN Avatar Pack and GameStop exclusive 30-minute playable additional scene DLC.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...october-7-2013

sleeping dogs 2 confirmed or something close to it
Old 10-08-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...october-7-2013

sleeping dogs 2 confirmed or something close to it
Yep, can't wait.

I'm a couple hours in to Beyond and I really liked it. It has got mixed reviews but that is to be expected this game isn't for everyone.

For those of you that didn't like Heavy Rain you are probably not going to like Beyond but if you did like HR you should pick this up.

The controls can be pretty frustrating even more so than Heavy Rain IMO but if you can get the hang of them it's pretty sweet.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A sequel to Sleeping Dogs would be awesome. I am enjoying GTA 5 but the shooting, fighting, driving, and just controls in general in Sleeping Dogs are so much better.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm thinking of checking out The Wolf Among Us when it comes out. I loved Telltale's The Walking Dead and I'm pretty curious what they do with this genre.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I'm gonna wait till I hear some reviews on the wolf but Im counting on it being good after liking the walking dead so much.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
I'm gonna wait till I hear some reviews on the wolf but Im counting on it being good after liking the walking dead so much.
From video I watched it looks like the art style and the way the game plays is exactly the same as TWD.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get episode one day one or wait for a few to come out first.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Have you played the walking dead 400 DLC yet?
Old 10-10-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Have you played the walking dead 400 DLC yet?
Yeah, I thought it was good but not as good as the main story. It was a nice bridge to Season 2 but wasn't long enough for me to get attached to any of the characters.

It's worth the $5 asking price though.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Battlefield or Call of Duty I can't decide
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I would go will BF if I had to pick one.

In other news The Wolf Among Us is getting really good reviews. Episode one is on PSN now but I'm going to wait for the season pass which should be on there this weekend according to the PS Blog.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I always buy COD and play it a ton until liiiike New Years.. And then I just stop. Usually because people get too good and it's frustrating.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Picked up last of us, saints row 4, and gta5 in buy 2 get 1 free sale at GameStop
Old 10-25-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Picked up last of us, saints row 4, and gta5 in buy 2 get 1 free sale at GameStop
Play Last of Us first...
Old 10-25-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Play Last of Us first...
I am last night I got to a good stoping place in NCAA football after the season ended and got all the updates installed. I' rarely get this excited to start a game. I got lucky and got the online pass and special edition codes to work with saints row even though I got it used and some blimp thing for GTA.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Children play COD, men play BF

but in fairnerss or manly can they be if their playing a vija game?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote