Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-03-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I *think* I finished the tutorial. I now have a bunch of races and missions on my map, but there are no other players anywhere.

Psn- trentX

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 10-03-2013 at 01:16 AM.
XxXdragonXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally got the tutorial nonsense completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got to finish the tutorial and robbed a store with some random person but after that anytime I would try to play a mission it would fail to load. I just robbed a few more places by myself and quit haha.

I think it's going to be pretty sweet if they can ever get the bugs worked out.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I got to finish the tutorial and robbed a store with some random person but after that anytime I would try to play a mission it would fail to load. I just robbed a few more places by myself and quit haha.

I think it's going to be pretty sweet if they can ever get the bugs worked out.
That's strange. I'm one of the lucky few who has had no problems other than the occasional freeze during a load.

It seems that the PS3 version is having more trouble than the 360 version.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im stuck on launching session of the race i just want to kill people!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one that has no trouble getting online, but has yet to see another player? I can't do any missions because I can't find anyone else to join.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 10-04-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Am I the only one that has no trouble getting online, but has yet to see another player? I can't so any missions because I can't find anyone else to join.

nope you're not the only one, I went all the way to my 2nd mission, the shootout/last man standing mission, where other people are suppose to join but I had no luck loading that, I even feel asleep with my TV on for a couple of hours and still didn't get connected. will try again this weekend

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Am I the only one that has no trouble getting online, but has yet to see another player? I can't do any missions because I can't find anyone else to join.
This happens to me all the time...
Old 10-04-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That hasn't ever happened to me. If you choose a friends, crew, or invite only session you won't invite random players to do missions with you.

Almost Rank 18 and got my apartment last night. Cheapest is 80k but I saved for the 125k apt. Totally worth saving for, 6 car garage vs 2. Races are a really good way to rank up and get money. No risk of dying and losing money. Repeating the Meth'd Out mission is pretty good until you get the Violent Duct mission which gives 9k on completion and takes about 5 min with a friend.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-04-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm saving up for an apartment at the moment as well, currently at 25k.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

New patch out, and Rockstar posted this regarding fixing the first mission problem:

Quote:
10/2/13 Note: Some players have reported being able to get into the Tutorial race by re-downloading the Title Update, which can be deleted from Xbox Home or the PS3 XMB (Game Data Utility, NOT save data). Others reported having luck by selecting "Swap Character" from the Online tab within the pause menu, deleting the character that was unable to get into the tutorial, and then creating a new character. Going into GTAO in Solo mode may also help to allow completion of the tutorial. Some who were experience this issue have been able to get in just by trying again later.

Freezing while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen
Seeing the same cut-scene twice in a row and then getting stuck on a load screen
Getting stuck transitioning into the lobby or race while other players are joining/leaving
Race Corona (start area, marker) not showing up for first race

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was playing the actual game and I was on the mission where you assassinate the guy on the construction roof. At the end of it, there is a prompt that says escape the area by any means necessary. I thought the quickest way would be to jump off the roof. Apparently "by any means necessary" isn't supposed to be taken literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I was playing the actual game and I was on the mission where you assassinate the guy on the construction roof. At the end of it, there is a prompt that says escape the area by any means necessary. I thought the quickest way would be to jump off the roof. Apparently "by any means necessary" isn't supposed to be taken literally.
There's a parachute on top of the roof you could have used, silly.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone been able to use the iFruit app yet? I have an iPad but hardly ever use it, I assume it would work though. Really stupid they didn't bother to get the Android version out before or near launch.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
That hasn't ever happened to me. If you choose a friends, crew, or invite only session you won't invite random players to do missions with you.

I've tried every type of session with no luck. It will only invite people from the random crew I joined, and some "skill matched players" which is just 16 people who's names start with an "a."

All I've been able to do is drive around Los Santos in a completely empty session.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've tried every type of session with no luck. It will only invite people from the random crew I joined, and some "skill matched players" which is just 16 people who's names start with an "a."

All I've been able to do is drive around Los Santos in a completely empty session.
Hmm yeah that's what happens when I'm in an invite only game, which a friend and I are usually in so we don't have to deal with random people killing us as we are doing missions, selling cars, etc. Only able to invite friends/crew/skill matched players. It won't do the random matchmaking randomly.

Be careful doing Deathmatch, when you die you still lose money.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

I was able to do some missions with people last night. Probably something to do with the patch. But I still didn't see anyone in free roam.

EDIT- Now I can't get online anymore.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 10-05-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Soo I shouldn't have bought that apartment. Lester ended up telling me I needed a high end apartment, which start around 200k, to do bigger jobs.

Also got 125k for free due to the update, it saved the apartment but not the cash I spent. Bought a banshee, it's been my favorite car since gta3.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...uerque_crystal

I turned off the invitations feature, so it's sign up at will. You should be able to join just by clicking a button on there. Post your 360 or PSN account and your SocialClub name when you join in here.
Bump this, we need to get our crew strong in numbers.

Also maybe we should start to get our Hierarchy in order

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my subpar attempt at our crew's emblem:

I want it to look like the BrBa in this:

Obviously, I'm not even really close. If anyone skilled with the emblem editor could make a better or improved version, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Also maybe we should start to get our Hierarchy in order
Once they stabilize the servers, I agree.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally made an online character and did a couple missions. Are we doing this gang thing or what?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take care of the logo design no worries bantx is here to the rescue

Old 10-10-2013, 01:25 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I'm getting nowhere in this game. It's such a big ass world.. when I get on my way to go do a mission, one of the random events shows up and I feel compelled to do it. Or I'll just start screwing around and eventually get killed. I need to straighten up and fly right.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

I have the same problem like when someone honks at me I get pissed off and feel like i have to chase him down and kill him