Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-09-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Battle to the death then...

Or you can have the House version... I want Lagertha.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just saying that I know her from Bones:

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Bones, while I am SO GLAD that the terrible Pelant story arc is over, that was the least-satisfying bad-guy kill ever. Really they should probably just figure out how to end the show. If they just replace Pelant with this other uber-powerful villain (but this time it's a WOMAN!!) I will probably stop watching.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Speaking of Bones, while I am SO GLAD that the terrible Pelant story arc is over, that was the least-satisfying bad-guy kill ever. Really they should probably just figure out how to end the show. If they just replace Pelant with this other uber-powerful villain (but this time it's a WOMAN!!) I will probably stop watching.
Yea, the end of the Pelant thing was soooo anti-climactic. I thought Pelant started out kinda cool and did enjoy his first episode or two but by the end it was kinda meh on him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Battle to the death then...

Or you can have the House version... I want Lagertha.

I always think of Skyrim when watching because my character looks like her.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Yea, the end of the Pelant thing was soooo anti-climactic. I thought Pelant started out kinda cool and did enjoy his first episode or two but by the end it was kinda meh on him.
Maybe it is because I'm in IT but the way he was just able to do anything anytime and always be 5 steps ahead of everyone just infuriated me. And then they extended him being amazing into the realm of anatomy, surgery, etc. It was beyond ridiculous, even for a fictitious show like this. I like the show in part for the characters and it isn't fun when the writers make them blunder around like a bunch of dumbasses. Same reason I get irritated with Warehouse 13 sometimes.

edit: so is Vikings still on the air? I watched the pilot and thought it was intriguing but didn't keep up with it. Worth watching for more than eye candy?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forget how much I watched of Vikings. I really liked it, for the most part.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings would be so much better on shotime. Just rewatched Spartacus WOTD and I forgot how much I loved it. Gods of the Arena is still my favorite.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually liked "Spartacus: War of the Damned" the least. Maybe my expectations were just too high.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Vikings would be so much better on shotime. Just rewatched Spartacus WOTD and I forgot how much I loved it. Gods of the Arena is still my favorite.
I hate when people say crap like this. Because adding boobs and saying **** automatically make something better television.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Katheryn Winnick is approaching to 40 years old. Where were you 5 years ago? lol. Anyway, she had no problem doing with woman but won't do any clean nudity. What a waste.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I hate when people say crap like this. Because adding boobs and saying **** automatically make something better television.
Actually I think Vikings cursed more and I'm pretty sure the death scenes could be more gruesome. I wasn't talking about boobs you just assumed that.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to watch Vikings but I think it's necessary to finish off Spartacus first. They occupy similar spots in my brain, but I've heard great things about Vikings. <3 the Logue as well.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SHIELD got a full season order. Yay. And the third episode was much better than the second, imo.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It hurts my heart but I think Sleepy Hollow>SHIELD. both are fun and still developing but SH is at least embracing the batshit crazy while SHIELD is kind of giving off a 'poor episode of Chuck' vibe at times.

random TV/Netflix observation: Went 8 years wanting to see Laura Prepon's boobs on That 70s show. Took 15 seconds of Orange is the New Black to get to them. Thanks Netflix.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been pretty disappointed with SHIELD. I was hoping for it to knock Revolution out of my rotation, but it's still got a long way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
I've been pretty disappointed with SHIELD. I was hoping for it to knock Revolution out of my rotation, but it's still got a long way to go.
Revolution this season might finally start to wear on me. It just seems to have no direction and constantly trying to re-invent what the whole point of the show is. I still need to watch this week, but so far my urge to stay on top of it is waning.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still need the last few episodes of last sesaon. All the negative talk certainly isn't motivating me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first season was good I thought. This season is just meh for me so far.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got all the Sleepy Hollow episodes on my DVR but haven't watched any of them. I got to many shows going but I will get around to checking it out one of these days.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

I agree on Sleepy Hollow > SHIELD. Sleepy Hollow is easily my favorite new show. SHIELD is enjoyable but not something I'm really invested in. Could honestly care less if any character (including Coulson) died.

I am sticking with and enjoying Revolution because Aaron is my favorite and he appears to be headed for some serious greatness.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-10-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I haven't seen Sleepy Hollow yet but I really like SHIELD. I guess I'm in the minority there, but that kinda show just owns me when it's on.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I still need the last few episodes of last sesaon. All the negative talk certainly isn't motivating me.
It's not like it's bad, but it just up and changes direction as soon as some plot momentum is built. And after introducing establishing new elements, it's like they start a new season and start new again. Specifically with the introduction of new characters and places, they kind of just throw them in there and expect you to accept it until they explain it a couple episodes later.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

one last point on Sleepy Hollow. I think (notable: i am insane) that it is really, really sticking its jokes? Like, they're hilarious. I was dying in the cold open of this most recent episode with the NorthStar operator.

I don't think the Shield cast is particularly funny which is usually a hallmark of Joss. Coulson's wry observations are working but the rest of it, you can hear the clunking when the joke doesn't work.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The tough guy and nerds stereotypes are so bad it's not even funny, I expected better from characters of a Whedon's universe.

The hacker/hot girl has a nice body and could have some interesting storylines but she could also become romanticaly involved with the tough guy and you can feel it's gonna be boring when they'll hit it off. I just hated it when she repeated the story of the tough guy because she thought it was touching.

I don't see the point of the asian pilot character and actualy forgot she was part of the team, I guess she will be involved in more action now but if she wasn't there it wouldn't make a difference IMO.

Coulson is making me stay and if it wasn't for him or my high esteem of Whedon, I'd give up in 2 or 3 episodes.