Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-26-2007, 07:10 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Does this trade make sense?

New England trades:

#24 and a 2008 seventh-rounder

Atlanta trades:

#39, #75, and #185

The trade value on the chart is pretty much perfect. If someone like a Reggie Nelson or a Michael Griffin was on the board there, or even a Joe Staley, do you think the Falcons would pull the trigger on that deal? It would put the Patriots in good position to land Tony Ugoh, Eric Weddle, David Harris, or someone of that caliber.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

yes and no, maybe if someone like Nelson, Marshawn Lynch or Levi Brown fell it may be an option. Trading down to #13-#15 and seeing who is available and then maybe goin down again would also be an option id be happy with.

in an ideal world youd like
1xOT 1xOG 1xC 1xHB 1xCB 2xDE 1xNT 1xFS 1xSS 1xOLB 1xK so maybe loosing picks isnt a good idea, either way i trust the front office

i like the sound of

#8 Adrian Peterson
#24Joe Staley
#44 Brendan Merriweather

then grab manny remiriez and Baraka Atkins in the 4th

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 04-26-2007 at 08:04 AM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Mr. Myogi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
yes and no, maybe if someone like Nelson, Marshawn Lynch or Levi Brown fell it may be an option. Trading down to #13-#15 and seeing who is available and then maybe goin down again would also be an option id be happy with.

in an ideal world youd like
1xOT 1xOG 1xC 1xHB 1xCB 2xDE 1xNT 1xFS 1xSS 1xOLB 1xK so maybe loosing picks isnt a good idea, either way i trust the front office

i like the sound of

#8 Adrian Peterson
#24Joe Staley
#44 Brendan Merriweather

then grab manny remiriez and Baraka Atkins in the 4th
Why 2 DE? And an OLB? Why not 1 DE and an ILB? The Falcons ar deeper than people realize at DE.
As you can recall they did sign big Nic Clemons (6-6, 280 UGA)this off season, they also had solid play from Carrington, Mallard and Davis last year.

And no, I wouldn't make that trade to #24, because with Higher picks come more money that has to be paid out. After the 3rd you pretty much looking at min. contracts.

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********

Last edited by Mr. Myogi : 04-26-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Mr. Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, but we have to pay that much if we get 3 players anyway. I don't think I'd want to move up, BUT, if Griffin is there then I want him. I think I am sold on him finally as my favorite Safety in the draft, but there's no way we get a look at him from where we are picking.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Ciao Bella

Man Griffin has been my favorite S for a long time. He is a complete beast. If he is there when the Pats pick then I would be all for trading up to get him, especially if Joe Thomas somehow falls to us at #8. That would be amazing

1st round(from Houston)- Joe Thomas
1st round(from Pats)- Michael Griffin
2nd round- Anthony Spencer

Wow, i would be so frickin happy
Old 04-26-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
p-rocs finest

do you guys see j.staley falling past the giants?
that would be an interesting scenario though if indeed hes available
Old 04-26-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Ciao Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-rocs finest View Post
do you guys see j.staley falling past the giants?
that would be an interesting scenario though if indeed hes available
He could very easily get passed teh Giants

But even if he does and we dot his trade, i dont want him. He's not really what the Falcons need. We need big OL, not smaller and fast, we had that and it sucked for out passing game.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
p-rocs finest

would someone like ben grubbs or aaron sears do the trick?
i believe that they wouldnt have to make a trade to draft a second tier lineman.
j.blalock a.sears and even t.ugoh might fall to their second round pick
Old 04-26-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Ciao Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-rocs finest View Post
would someone like ben grubbs or aaron sears do the trick?
i believe that they wouldnt have to make a trade to draft a second tier lineman.
j.blalock a.sears and even t.ugoh might fall to their second round pick
I would love to have Grubbs. To me he is the 2nd best OL man behind Joe Thomas. But thats just me, cause i dotn like Levi Brown very much. Justin Blalock and Aaron Sears woudl be great to pick up in the 2nd round. I think 1 of those 2 will be available. But im not a hugh Ugoh fan, i mean wont be mad if we draft hi, but i think we could do better
Old 04-26-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
p-rocs finest

im with you on grubbs. i believe he can be in the pro bowl in a couple of years.
i see what youre talking about with ugoh, with his sudden rise after a good year
(hasnt shown consistency)