Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-09-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still can't believe how bad Myers is. Mike Pope made Ballard and Boss capable starters and yet Myers looks like an absolute turd out there.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Redwing19/2007_giants

Saw this on BBI. I got 54/66.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I got 59. So I am awesome.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we need to trade Nicks. If we did trade him, it should be for at least a second round pick.

We have options.

First of all trading Nicks would send the wrong signal to the team, basically that we are shutting shop and the last 11 games don't matter. They really do matter, this is where we see the character of the team, see what we can do under these tough circumstances. Lets face it, everyone should be fighting for jobs at this point.

There is a good chance we will have a new offensive system, let the new staff review the players that they want.

We have the cap room to retain Nicks if we want to, plus we are likely purging some expensive vets. Don't expect that Nicks will want to walk or that we will let him go. We can franchise him while we work out a deal. If we want to trade him, do it then.

Then there is the fact that Eli and Nicks do work well together. So if we can protect Eli, big things can happen in the pass game. Nicks is a danerous recieving weapon.

I know we have Randle emerging, but it is much better to have three quality WRs. Randle is still under his rookie deal for a couple more years.

I think we should wait and see how things go this season and then review things (along with everything else).

We should build on what we know can perform for us and go from there.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone notice the stat tonight that Eli tied Dan Fouts for the most INTs through 6 games. Basically the same offense.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if Brandon Myers wasn't so inept that would not have happened.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Undersized TE who is 6'3 I think. I wonder if that happens if Boss, Ballard or MB was our TE? They made catches like that during our tenure.

Same ole same ole. Ball goes one way WR does another pick 6. Fire both coordinators please!!!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that I'm not all about sending both coordinators packing, but how was that the ball going one way and the receiver the other? Myers just couldn't time his jump well enough or hold onto the ball well enough to bring it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Not that I'm not all about sending both coordinators packing, but how was that the ball going one way and the receiver the other? Myers just couldn't time his jump well enough or hold onto the ball well enough to bring it in.
No, but the second INT was clearly that situation. A lot of blame has to go to the WRs too. Cause Eli and Cruz don't ever have those misreads. If I was an opposing coach look at this tape I'd just double team Cruz and wait for those mistakes to eventually happen.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 10-10-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
RR and Eli. RR and Eli have had many miscommunications that ended up being ints this season. I think 3 or 4 off the top of my head. Yesterday, Giant stadium and at KC.

We don't see this with Cruz or Eli. Nicks just dogged his slant route and hung Eli out to dry. At least he ran the right route. Also, Nicks did a great thing by coming back to the ball.

I taught this when I coached. If no one is open work back to the ball hands open giving your QB a target.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Here is a coach on BBI. I talk to him regarding Xs and Os there.

Quote:
I've got
dorgan : 7:17 am : link : reply
no dog in this Eli vs receiver's debate, but that was one ****** ass route and if you have to assign blame, put that one on the TE.

A seam route is a pretty simple route. There aren't any bends, slow downs, drifts or cuts involved. Run up the seam.
The only adjustment made is made AFTER the ball is in the air. The receiver only reacts to the flight of the ball.

I also don't give two shits who disagrees. I coached for too long to worry about who agrees and who disagrees. My evaluations are made without prejudice. If you want to coach for more than one season, you learn to leave personal likes and dislikes out of the equation of evaluating players and results.

The pick six was a very elementary mis-read of coverage by Randle. Holy ****, I can teach a HS freshman to recognize the difference between man-single-high and cover 3 in one practice session. Randle has some problems reading coverages and it needs to be fixed.
That was a pre-snap read that shouldn't have fooled any pro receiver.
Blame Randle, blame Gilbride, blame the receiver's coach, blame Coughlin. Blame anyone you want, but it needs to be fixed.

1st interception was Eli and I didn't see any indication to think otherwise, nor was I looking for one. If you want to find something, you will, but that's not an effective way to break down film.
Donte Stallworth's (of all people) Tweets should probably be as well:

Quote:
Donte' Stallworth ‏@DonteStallworth
That INT wasn't on Eli. The play was "All Go" from a 2x2 formation. Inside WRs supposed to run up seam/numbers, that's where Eli threw it.

I've ran that play at least 1,001 times. Trust me on this one

LOL y'all don't have to listen to me... any NFL TE/WR can tell you how meticulous coaches are in meetings about getting to that EXACT spot.

As a TE coach, I agree. We called them landmarks. Get to your landmarks and the ball will be there. If you stray from it bad things happen.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're so inept. I don' know how the wheels could fall off this bad in one year. Eli can't trust anyone in this offense except for Cruz.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen Eli this rattled since the Vikings game in 2007. He doesn't trust anyone out there, he's seeing ghost pressure, he's trigger shy on routes he normally fits the ball into.

His confidence in the players around him is completely shot. He doesn't trust his protection and he doesn't trust his receivers. And his mechanics are going to **** because he's feeling pressure that's not there at times.

It's seriously the worst season of football I've seen out of this team in 10 years.

On a positive note, Beason looked like our best linebacker since Pierce. Maybe we should re-sign him after this season.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We're so inept. I don' know how the wheels could fall off this bad in one year. Eli can't trust anyone in this offense except for Cruz.
j

So far Cruz is the only one who hasn't made a mistake that resulted in an ints. Nicks messed up an easy slant and RR. has been a disaster.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I haven't seen Eli this rattled since the Vikings game in 2007. He doesn't trust anyone out there, he's seeing ghost pressure, he's trigger shy on routes he normally fits the ball into.

His confidence in the players around him is completely shot. He doesn't trust his protection and he doesn't trust his receivers. And his mechanics are going to **** because he's feeling pressure that's not there at times.

It's seriously the worst season of football I've seen out of this team in 10 years.

On a positive note, Beason looked like our best linebacker since Pierce. Maybe we should re-sign him after this season.
Yeah it's not good. I was thinking Eli should really just take the rest of this year off, go to the Carribean and come back when the season ends.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-11-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I actually thought Eli looked a lot better in the pocket last night and there were some flashes of some actual good pass protection. What killed us last night were the INTs and their TE vs ours. If they had Myers and we had black unicorn back, I think that game would have actually been a W.

And still not enough pressure on the QB.

And I agree about Beason. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 10-11-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did look better, but it doesn't take much to look better. He didn't trust the routes, that was a major issue.

And I think the ghost pressure he felt was the result of weeks past, not this game. The OL actually played a good game this week. But Eli's mechanics weren't always spot on.

That Myers INT just killed us. He's so bad. He reminds me of Creampuff so much. I hate him so much.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

This season really is an example of everything going wrong at the same time. We haven't had a ball bounce our way all season.

It's like the perfect storm. Our defense is sooooo bad.

I think Prince will be a very good CB but never a shut down CB. I'd like him more in a #2 CB type of role, where we can put him on the opposition's #2 on an island and double up on the primary with another CB we draft (who has shut down potential) and a safety up top.

I think Rolle is a good safety/cb hybrid, but he's not worth his paycheck. We should move on.

I think Will Hill will be a solid SS in the future if he can get his mind right. Stevie Johnson provides hope as another option if he can recover from his ACL.

I like McBride. I like Thomas as a #3. I think in the secondary, we need a stud FS and a shut down CB and we'll be fine. Get Byrd, draft a CB and we're good here.

Linebacker core...I want to re-sign Beason. He looks pretty damn good. And PLEASE PLAY JWILL. We just have to make do at LB until we fix our other needs.

DL...lord. Get rid of Tuck he is absolutely useless. Get rid of Kiwi, another JAG. Our DTs are all mediocre run stuffers but I wouldn't mind keeping some of them around bc they do their job and we need bodies here.

IR JPP. Why play him at this point? His long term health is more important. Get Moore some snaps so he can show us potential as a 3rd rusher for next year.

Draft Clowney. Like now. Right now.

If we can do that we'll be ok on defense. On offense, we need OL help and that's pretty much it. Maybe a TE but I want to see what Donnell and Robinson can give us.

Get a Center and/or Guard and we're fine on the OL.

So basically, I think if we just do the following:

-Cut our dead weight to free up cap space. Don't extend any FA vets, cut Snee, Baas, Rolle, Webster, Tuck, Kiwi, Diehl, Ross etc.

-Sign Byrd and Brandon Albert.

-Re-sign Beason to a reasonable contract

-If Joseph comes cheap, re-sign him.

And draft Clowney, and in round 2 either a CB with shutdown potential or a OG/C and we'll be ok.

I actually thought Cordle played well yesterday. Let's keep an eye on him and his progress.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You do know there will be biddigs wars for possibly the best S and T on the market? It's not as easy as just sign them. Lots of teams have lots of cap room.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-11-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I know but what other choice do we have?

Plan B on the OL is sign Oher to RT. I would prefer kicking Beatty to RT but if Oher is cheaper and effective then maybe we go that route.

We'll have the money, I prefer not to go the FA route but if we want to fix this as quickly as possible we're gonna have to pony up here.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah but I'm saying you're making it sound like we can just wave the magic wand and those two and Mack will all decide to sign here. We might get one of them if they're even available but I'm not pinning my hopes for this team to rebound on signing all the big names FA's in the offseason. It's going to be a lot tougher than that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-11-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ohh and wanted to give props to Jacobs for last night. Great to see him run like that again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-11-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Maybe we can change systems and switch to a 34. I would like to see this whole thing scrubbed with industrial bleach to remove the stench of the offense and defense. Just scrub it down.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

It depends. I think if we are in position to get Clowney you have to keep the 4-3 and get Clowney.

If not, then all bets are off.

And yeah I know it's not going to be easy, but at least the hope keeps me sane during an awful football season.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Hill, Rolle and hopefully Brown are a fine 3 safeties. Ideally we can reduce Rolle's salary a bit, but he is still playing at a high level.

Albert seems like he's pretty set on staying at LT. I'm fine with Beatty + Pugh combo, the whole interior needs be reworked though.

RR is Manningham, so maddeningly inconsistent
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote