Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-10-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually hated agent Coulson in all the Marvel movies so if thats the only thing going for this show......then I probably wont tune in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I actually hated agent Coulson in all the Marvel movies so if thats the only thing going for this show......then I probably wont tune in.
What is the matter with you? And SHIELD is just so bland and generic, that's my problem with it right now. Plus, it's clear that Whedon's influence went bye bye.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the 2 sciencey people

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm giving it time to find its legs. If it doesn't improve as the season goes on I probably won't watch it next year.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time for a post of not-so-popular shows round here.

Once Upon a Time has been kinda cooler this year. I like that they have magic and stuff now. Also liking the dark/evil Peter Pan.

Checking out Once Upon a Time in Wonderland now. Seems like Aladdin characters are gonna be in this one

Not excited for tonight's Glee episode. Finn was the man, gonna be rough.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gave up on OUAT during the first season, but I've been meaning to go back and watch it through. I like some of those cutesy types of shows sometimes.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

o0o0o. John Lithgow is the White Rabbit!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patiently waiting for Vikings to return in 2014.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I just watched the first episode of Sleppy Hollow and yeah, I'm already hooked. Gunna bang the other ones out tonight and tomorrow. Instantly hooked me. Damnit. Cain was right.

I still like Grimm better I think, but I like this one a lot too.

Last edited by vidae : 10-10-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Vikings would be so much better on shotime. Just rewatched Spartacus WOTD and I forgot how much I loved it. Gods of the Arena is still my favorite.
Gods of the Arena was definitely my favorite of the first two seasons, but I haven't seen any of the latter seasons.

Vikings would be marketed better and more known on Shotime, but I think the show itself is mostly fine.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
The tough guy and nerds stereotypes are so bad it's not even funny, I expected better from characters of a Whedon's universe.
The show is terrible generic and full of cliches. All of the characters are bland and have some horrible schtick. The acting and dialogue is flat-out awful, as well.

Quote:
The hacker/hot girl has a nice body and could have some interesting storylines but she could also become romanticaly involved with the tough guy and you can feel it's gonna be boring when they'll hit it off. I just hated it when she repeated the story of the tough guy because she thought it was touching.
The two worst characters on the show... The WB element is strong with them. Just forcing a terrible, pointless addition of crappy romance to pander to a "wider" audience while letting any parts of the show that might be decent fall by the wayside. Two more predictable, cliche archetypes in a generic network dramedy.

Quote:
I don't see the point of the asian pilot character and actualy forgot she was part of the team, I guess she will be involved in more action now but if she wasn't there it wouldn't make a difference IMO.

Coulson is making me stay and if it wasn't for him or my high esteem of Whedon, I'd give up in 2 or 3 episodes.
They use the excuse of her piloting the plane to keep the one character that's actually useful out of the loop so they can have ******, pointless conflicts that the other characters have to "band together to figure out." It's dumb. And having the character at all is frustratingly pointless.

Coulson is terrible. He pops in, says some corny ass cliched line just assuming the audience loves him and thinks he's infallible, and then really doesn't do much.

The third episode was better and infinitely worse at the same time. The Graviton Origin/plot was a great story that was sloppily executed. The rest of the episode just wreaked of WB teen drama, though.

So far, the show is the typical tacky, garbage network spew with Whedon (who also is infallible, apparently - why?) and Marvel tacked on to draw in the hype.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse and Firefly rule along with Avengers, Toy Story, Cabin in the Woods......that's why Whedon is a golden god.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Again, nepg likes Dexter, so you shouldn't listen to anything he says.

Oh also he thought Matt Cassel was a good QB. So.. yeah.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've been watching scandal a lot the past two days. i think i'm just watching because of kerry washington though. i think.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i've been watching scandal a lot the past two days. i think i'm just watching because of kerry washington though. i think.
I don't blame you one bit. She is way fine.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

1-0.

And aside from you just trying to be a troll, I've been pretty objective about Dexter. It ended bad and should have ended awhile ago anyway. I stuck with it and enjoyed a decent season or two after it jumped the shark. I've pretty much always tuned out all of the useless characters (LaGuerta, Quinn, Batista, et al.), though.

I like Joss Whedon. Not all of his efforts are to my taste, but he's good. However, whenever he's involved in something that's less than good, he has excuses made for him, like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
it's clear that Whedon's influence went bye bye.
Why? Buffy and Firefly were lauded mostly because of their quirkiness and both were pretty corny (in a good way). Most of the problems with SHIELD revolve around corny and quirky characters. The show looks cheap and immersion is ruined by the obviousness of the set. Both aspects worked fine in Buffy and Firefly, but it really doesn't work for this show. I'm not sitting here blaming Whedon for the show being bad because I'd really like to hear what he has to say about the show first. However, completely excusing him seems silly to me seeing as how Whedon-like SHIELD has been so far.

I'll give it some time, but I don't see how I can last much longer with characters like Skye and Grant running rampant with no hope in sight. Coulson has been a really weak lead and the way they just glazed over his resurrection made my brain angry. Grant and May do the same ******* thing. Why do we need both of them? (oh wait...) The entirety of the Skye character is just terrible and led to worse decisions in writing to revolve the story around her.

I typically don't watch network tv because it's typically very terrible and just not worth my time, so maybe I'm just not used to how cliche and ******* corny the show is... I think the last network show I watched was FNL, which was cancelled for not being a typical network drama...
Old 10-11-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

In fairness I liked Dexter as well. Unfortunately I liked seasons 1-4 so much that I tortured myself with the remaining seasons hoping it would get better but alas it did not.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
In fairness I liked Dexter as well. Unfortunately I liked seasons 1-4 so much that I tortured myself with the remaining seasons hoping it would get better but alas it did not.
I don't know why, but I stopped watching Dexter after Lithgow killed his babymama and never came back to the show. Based off of everything I've heard that was the right decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So last night watched the first 2 episodes of Sleepy Hallow. Definitely going to be keeping up with it. The lead guy is great, and I really enjoy how dark it is at points and there are legit scenes that make you jump, like basically anytime the devil looking character shows up. Also, weird surprise in seeing John Cho and him playing a pretty prominent/different role in the first 2 episodes. Also, Clifford Franklin as the police chief is awesome.

However, I will echo what others have said. I don't know about the Abbie character. I think the story backline to the character is good, but there's just something about her that I just don't believe or take seriously.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I'm sticking with SHIELD for now because I want it to replace Revolution in my rotation, which is not a high bar by any stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So last night watched the first 2 episodes of Sleepy Hallow. Definitely going to be keeping up with it. The lead guy is great, and I really enjoy how dark it is at points and there are legit scenes that make you jump, like basically anytime the devil looking character shows up. Also, weird surprise in seeing John Cho and him playing a pretty prominent/different role in the first 2 episodes. Also, Clifford Franklin as the police chief is awesome.

However, I will echo what others have said. I don't know about the Abbie character. I think the story backline to the character is good, but there's just something about her that I just don't believe or take seriously.

The conversation I had with Vidae last night:

Cain:
Crane is really good. Abby is alright

Vidae:
Crane is good so far
I REALLY like John Cho as an actor, so sucks he died in the pilot lol

Cain:
Clifford Franklin as the Captain is just weird for me.

Vidae:
haha yea

thats all I think about
Old 10-11-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha that is pretty much my exact thought process. I'm willing to see how the Abby storyline plays out with her sister and what not, and hopefully the character gets better. But right now, I just can't like/hate her, she's just...there.

But really, I can't take Clifford Franklin seriously in any roles anymore, so that'll be interesting. Cho I think is doing really well so far, obviously have only seen him in 2 episodes that I've watched.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I think Orlando Franklin does a good job, but it's hard to see him as anything other than his CAREER DEFINING role as Clifford Franklin!

And I agree about Cho, I've always liked him, and hope he sticks around for a bit. I'm gunna watch episodes 3 and 4 today.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4th ep was great, was really surprised to find myself liking Abby's sister. Definitely agree on Cho, in the second episode in particular, terrific presence.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Heads up for those that watch either: White Collar is back on the 17th and Grimm is back on the 25th! Yay!