Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 10-10-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked up Keenan Allen off of waivers and was immediately offered Tavon Austin for him. Don't even consider it, right?

Also Im kind of considering dropping Schaub for Foles. Russell Wilson is my starter and I don't think I'll be playing my backup over him no matter what, so it could be worth taking a chance on Foles to see if he can put up the numbers with that offense. On the other hand, Wilson has his bye week 12 when The Texans will be playing the Jaguars
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I picked up Keenan Allen off of waivers and was immediately offered Tavon Austin for him. Don't even consider it, right?

Also Im kind of considering dropping Schaub for Foles. Russell Wilson is my starter and I don't think I'll be playing my backup over him no matter what, so it could be worth taking a chance on Foles to see if he can put up the numbers with that offense. On the other hand, Wilson has his bye week 12 when The Texans will be playing the Jaguars
Allen is in a better situation. Keep him.

I've never been a Schaub believer. Henne has a better 2 game stretch but Foles has a better season long schedule if he can take over the position. Personally, I though Foles was getting far more credit for his preseason work than he deserved and was outplayed by Vick quite easily. But what do I know, right? I'd say it's worth a shot since Schaub wouldn't even be playing if the Texans had a backup better than Yates.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
See above. Don't bother. Miles will play so it's a guessing game how the two will be deployed.

If Olsen is good to go, drop Cook for Geno.
Can't pick up Geno until mid next week with our waivers system, and that's only if I win him in our blind auction. So I could drop Cook/Locker for Williams, see if he's worth hanging onto (should be a shootout in Washington, Laurent Robinson role has led to production historically in that offense), and if he has a big game I can always move him to somebody who needs WR help for a back end RB.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't remember if I asked.

Blackmon vs Denver
Nicks vs Chicago
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post

Blackmon vs Denver
Nicks vs Chicago
I'd go Blackmon - shootout potential, no Gabbert, and Thursday night games haven't been kind to QB's and WR's.

Kenbrell Thompkins or T.Y. Hilton for Stevan Ridley in a .5 PPR, worth the buy low on Ridley or don't even bother?
Old 10-10-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Blackmon vs Denver
Nicks vs Chicago
Blackmon. The Jags will be playing from behind from the second they step off the bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Can't pick up Geno until mid next week with our waivers system, and that's only if I win him in our blind auction. So I could drop Cook/Locker for Williams, see if he's worth hanging onto (should be a shootout in Washington, Laurent Robinson role has led to production historically in that offense), and if he has a big game I can always move him to somebody who needs WR help for a back end RB.
Sure, it's worth the add to wait and see. Miles could hurt himself in warmups, anyway. If nothing comes of it go for Geno or a sneaky play on Foles if he hasn't already been scooped up.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Kenbrell Thompkins or T.Y. Hilton for Stevan Ridley in a .5 PPR, worth the buy low on Ridley or don't even bother?
I thought it was 2 weeks ago but now I'd rather have Hilton and Thompkins. NE RBs look to be a full blown time share now on an offense that's sputtering. If you need RB help, I'd give up Thompkins. I like Hilton better long term, as Thompkins targets will drop fast once Gronk, Amendola, and Vereen are back in action.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I thought it was 2 weeks ago but now I'd rather have Hilton and Thompkins. NE RBs look to be a full blown time share now on an offense that's sputtering. If you need RB help, I'd give up Thompkins. I like Hilton better long term, as Thompkins targets will drop fast once Gronk, Amendola, and Vereen are back in action.
I've got Gore and Bush so I'm alright if not great at my starting spots and I'm flexing a WR, but week 9 they're both on bye so I'll be looking at waiver wire scraps. And if Ridley works out I can flex him instead of one of my WR's (T.Y. and Thompkins are fill in/depth guys, they don't start). Not sure it's worth it though.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I've got Gore and Bush so I'm alright if not great at my starting spots and I'm flexing a WR, but week 9 they're both on bye so I'll be looking at waiver wire scraps. And if Ridley works out I can flex him instead of one of my WR's (T.Y. and Thompkins are fill in/depth guys, they don't start). Not sure it's worth it though.
I'd do it for Thompkins, given the roster info. Thompkins is producing by default. Once everyone else is back I see him as the role player he should be, relegated to possession catches and prone to completely disappearing. Ridley is down, but he's still a guy we know can put up 1000+ yards.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another trade question. PPR league again. My RBs are Shady, Stevan Ridley, Brandon Bolden, Ben Tate. My receivers are Josh Gordon, Danny Amendola, Michael Floyd, and Eric Decker. Should I trade any of those three receivers for Giovani Bernard? I was also offered AJ Green for Decker and Gordon.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manning vs. Bears tonight or Andy Dalton vs. Bills Sunday?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Another trade question. PPR league again. My RBs are Shady, Stevan Ridley, Brandon Bolden, Ben Tate. My receivers are Josh Gordon, Danny Amendola, Michael Floyd, and Eric Decker. Should I trade any of those three receivers for Giovani Bernard? I was also offered AJ Green for Decker and Gordon.
Floyd yes, the others probably not, aim higher

-

I give Tony Gonzalez & Anquan Boldin

I receive Maurice Jones-Drew, Jay Cutler & Keenan Allen

my roster, non-ppr(I didn't draft it, & sadly it is much improved from what it was)

I need RB help but idk if MJD is the anwser and Cutler would only be a bye week filler/QB2

Last edited by fenikz : 10-10-2013 at 05:41 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and my weekly question, non-ppr

Sproles @ NE
Bernard @ Buf

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TE help needed...

Bennett vs Giants or Olsen @ Minnesota? Obviously last minute here.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Sproles @ NE
Bernard @ Buf
Bernard

I sat the Bears defense at the last second for the chiefs....
Old 10-11-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So tell me what is up with this:

In my league matchup last night my opponent had an illegal lineup due to too many active players on his roster all the way until MID SECOND QUARTER. I screenshot my phone view of the illegal lineup with him at 0 points. I then text the picture to the commissioner of my league saying "inactive lineup, early win for me this week?"

Then not more than 5 minutes later my opponent score goes active again (he had Cruz) and no penalties have occurred from the inactive lineup that was held by him for 2 quarters. I text my commissioner and ask why that had happened and he said he had no idea, he was out visiting a friend and wasn't checking on it. This morning my coworker, who is always my opponent said the commissioner had called him last night about his lineup and he changed it. He had cut one of his active players on the roster 5 minutes before halftime!

So my question to you veteran fantasy players is this: Is this fair he can play on with no penalty?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Again prepare accordingly. If it's his child I doubt he plays.

Quote:
Vikings running back Adrian Peterson missed practice on Thursday for personal reasons. He was spotted in South Falls, South Dakota, and Stu Whitney of the Argus (S.D.) Leader reports that Peterson remains in Sioux Falls, “dealing with [a] medical issue involving [a] young family member that likely will be a police matter.”

Separately, Whitney reported that it is a “very serious” health situation.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live by this rule.

Non Money League: Have fun, try to win but don't take it too seriously especially in a work environment because if you piss and moan people are going to take notice.

Money League: Stand your ground. Demand something be done. You don't pay to be jerked around by a ****** commish.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

It's a 100 dollar buy in money league at work. What generally is the punishment for this?

I can't believe he just played on
Old 10-11-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Again prepare accordingly. If it's his child I doubt he plays.
Doubt he plays:

http://m.tmz.com/2013/10/11/adrian-p...e-child-abuse/

What kind of monster would do that? No mercy on the "boyfriend"

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
4 WRs listed . . . but I agree that Floyd for Gio is good for you. Otherwise, no to both deals. Decker and Gordon are worth much more than just Green.

Quote:
Yeah . . . I would have said the same thing prior to last night's game: Eli is damn near droppable at this point. He is absolutely not worth starting, unless it's against one of the truly terrible pass Ds in the league.

Quote:
Dalton

Floyd yes, the others probably not, aim higher

-

I give Tony Gonzalez & Anquan Boldin

I receive Maurice Jones-Drew, Jay Cutler & Keenan Allen

my roster, non-ppr(I didn't draft it, & sadly it is much improved from what it was)

I need RB help but idk if MJD is the anwser and Cutler would only be a bye week filler/QB2
MJD is not the answers. Cutler is only a spot starter. Allen is an unknown, though I'd say he's an upgrade based on SF's offensive woes passing. Still, pass.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a 100 dollar buy in money league at work. What generally is the punishment for this?

Damn that is tough.

I think you have to talk to the commish and work something out. The issue is you could either be seen as "That Guy" who bitches about everything or shut up and take it.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:

Sproles @ NE
Bernard @ Buf
Sproles. I can't see the Patriots containing Sproles. Focus will likely be doubling Graham and nobody in NE's LB or S core can handle Sproles.

Quote:

Cain has it right in regards to money vs. bragging rights and/or work leagues.

In a money league it's every owner's responsibility to get their lineup right. Under no circumstances should a commish fix mistakes.

However, with the Thursday Night games, it's possible that the owner could fix his lineup without being charged an illegal lineup for the whole week. Your first post is unclear in regards to WHO fixed the lineup. If it was the commish - hell no! If the owner was able to correct the mistake than there's nothing wrong.

Did your coworker/opponent say they fixed their own lineup, or did they specifically say the commish fixed the illegal lineup?

Old 10-11-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Doubt he plays:

http://m.tmz.com/2013/10/11/adrian-p...e-child-abuse/

What kind of monster would do that? No mercy on the "boyfriend"
scum. scum. scum.

Good lord I hope AP's boy can recover.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Gronk still not medically cleared. FML for passing on Jordan Cameron