Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-11-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I know you're a diehard fan. Carry on. Seems like we have nothing better to talk about here. But hey... at least we are PASSIONATE!

I will blame JJ for one thing. The ONLY thing he does. Choosing coaches.

Everything else, has too many other fingerprints on them. ...and yeah, he did piss me off with the Kiffin hire, and I've been moaping around about that pretty wide openly.

Kinda frustrating to see people blame him for player acquisition, because I think it's pointed in the wrong direction. Why is it that I hear this about Garrett.... "I like him as a HC because he does a good job at player acquisition", yet when something isn't right, "Jerry sucks"? Good grief.

It's well known that Jerry easily gives into who the coaches and scouting department think are the best picks. ...and actually, come to think of it, there are 2 things he does... pick coaches and handle trades. Other than that, he's a side show.
He didnt in this draft, going by JG's expression. The scouts said Floyd was BPA and Jerry or Stephen went another direction. You cant deny that, you might not like Floyd and are happy they made the trade but at that spot Floyd was BPA and it sure looked like thats who JG wanted.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Guys that I liked that we may or may not have been able to get, Richardson, Floyd, Short, Jenkins, Lotulelei, Moore, Carradine, Jones, Hunt. Not saying all are 1st round guys but guys that would probably be starting now. Some are DE's I know. What was wrong with Worford at Guard? Hes starting for Detroit now, right?
No, no, no... we're not talking about DE here. We franchised your boy Spencer.

You get to choose 3 techs. I don't see any on your list that we had a chance at. Richardson and Lotulelei were long gone before our first pick. Jenkins isn't anyone's idea of a 3 tech. Short went 4 picks ahead of Escobar, so no chance there either.

The only argument you have is Floyd vs TF+TW, and nobody regrets that except you.

So I'll ask again... which 3 tech in this draft did we miss out on so badly by drafting Escobar, Williams, Wilcox, Webb, Randle, Holloman?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He didnt in this draft, going by JG's expression. The scouts said Floyd was BPA and Jerry or Stephen went another direction. You cant deny that, you might not like Floyd and are happy they made the trade but at that spot Floyd was BPA and it sure looked like thats who JG wanted.
Oh boy. Give it up. You have no idea what the conversation was going on. You're basing your opinion solely on assumption. Maybe Garrett wanted to take Eifert at 18 (as which were rumors leading up to the draft) and was disappointed in passing him up. That's more likely the case seeing as our very next pick was a TE in Escobar.

The whole idea that the Cowboys would've taken BPA doesn't align with the way they've ever drafted. They have always tried to fill our needs. DT was a need but not one of our bigger ones. OL was! I can't remember when we went strictly BPA despite already having that position met. So to assume they would EVER simply stick to their board doesn't line up right to serve your assumption that they would have this time.

They make their decision as a group. ...and they saw an opportunity from the Niners that they liked enough to gain 2 picks by trading down.

Enough with Garrett's frowny face assumption that leads you to believe we would've taken Floyd. Nobody is even listening to you on that one. ha
Old 10-11-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, no, no... we're not talking about DE here. We franchised your boy Spencer.

You get to choose 3 techs. I don't see any on your list that we had a chance at. Richardson and Lotulelei were long gone before our first pick. Jenkins isn't anyone's idea of a 3 tech. Short went 4 picks ahead of Escobar, so no chance there either.

The only argument you have is Floyd vs TF+TW, and nobody regrets that except you.

So I'll ask again... which 3 tech in this draft did we miss out on so badly by drafting Escobar, Williams, Wilcox, Webb, Randle, Holloman?
Lol, thats idiotic. Why am I limited to 3 techs? Thats saying we have no needs anywhere else which isnt true. Hows Spencer "my boy?" I never said we should resign him and he was coming off an injury too. Hell, after we traded down Im pretty sure I was promoting a Safety at that point. We have lots of needs, to say you can only pick a 3 tech is just stupid.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 10-11-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Lol, thats idiotic. Why am I limited to 3 techs? Thats saying we have no needs anywhere else which isnt true. Hows Spencer "my boy?" I never said we should resign him and he was coming off an injury too. Hell, after we traded down Im pretty sure I was promoting a Safety at that point. We have lots of needs, to say you can only pick a 3 tech is just stupid.
So you're saying you can't do it? Alright cool. Glad to have that debate settled. There were NO 3 tech DTs in the draft that we could've taken that made sense for us. Good. Now stop talking about how we failed to address it.

Wanna argue DE? I'll show my George Selvie card. Game Over.

Thanks for making my work day go by PA! You're a good guy and I love talking Cowboys with ya. I'm off camping! Peace out!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh boy. Give it up. You have no idea what the conversation was going on. You're basing your opinion solely on assumption. Maybe Garrett wanted to take Eifert at 18 (as which were rumors leading up to the draft) and was disappointed in passing him up. That's more likely the case seeing as our very next pick was a TE in Escobar.

The whole idea that the Cowboys would've taken BPA doesn't align with the way they've ever drafted. They have always tried to fill our needs. DT was a need but not one of our bigger ones. OL was! I can't remember when we went strictly BPA despite already having that position met. So to assume they would EVER simply stick to their board doesn't line up right to serve your assumption that they would have this time.

They make their decision as a group. ...and they saw an opportunity from the Niners that they liked enough to gain 2 picks by trading down.

Enough with Garrett's frowny face assumption that leads you to believe we would've taken Floyd. Nobody is even listening to you on that one. ha
So my assumtion is wrong but your assumtion is right. Got it! Regardless of who JG wanted, he wanted somebody and JJ didnt listen. JG was pissed and you know it.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So you're saying you can't do it? Alright cool. Glad to have that debate settled. There were NO 3 tech DTs in the draft that we could've taken that made sense for us. Good. Now stop talking about how we failed to address it.

Wanna argue DE? I'll show my George Selvie card. Game Over.

Thanks for making my work day go by PA! You're a good guy and I love talking Cowboys with ya. I'm off camping! Peace out!
Pretty sure I said D-line and O-line. Not sure how 3 techs got thrown in there except to play to your argument. Have fun camping. Cowboys 38-27 Sunday night ;)

Old 10-13-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Wonder if Brady will get killed for that pick with 2 min to go and the game on the line?

Edit. He made up for it hahaha. Rob Ryan's D got burned lol

Last edited by pocketaces : 10-13-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't miss that Rob Ryan defense at all.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
I don't miss that Rob Ryan defense at all.
Yep. Exactly.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Win tonight...Win next week...and we have the NFC East barring a huge letdown.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice opening drive for the score
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mo is an atrocious tackler.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice stop lee!!
Old 10-13-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

After the last 2 weeks, I'll take it. 2 nice plays for Lee.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Not seeing things an rushing the throws. Damn.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

When Collinsworth can predict your patterns, not good.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
When Collinsworth can predict your patterns, not good.
Yeah that was funny.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Let's hope Randle can play. If history is any indication, Murray will be out until the bye week ;)
Old 10-13-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Romo's playing flustered. Hope he calms down.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Romo's playing flustered. Hope he calms down.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Nice Harris !!!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Harris is a nice weapon to have. Nice runback
Old 10-13-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

We gotta come out get a stop an open it up an get more aggressive on offense.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
We gotta come out get a stop an open it up an get more aggressive on offense.
If we get things blocked there will be chances. Have to get guys out in space with screens to neutralize their pressure too.