Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 10-12-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really need to not compare Peppers/Williams/Kearse to Reggie White and Bruce Smith. I brought this up in the HoF thread, but White and Smith were complete anomalies. Nobody before or since (including Deacon Jones, but he was playing 14 game seasons) have really come close to matching their career sack totals. We were tricked by the fact that they both played at the same time and they started at about the same time that the NFL began keeping official sack statistics; but 200 career sacks is very much an aberration.

If I'm "only" getting Peppers and his 112 sacks, I'm running the draft card up to the podium some time in January.

Last edited by WCH : 10-12-2013 at 04:04 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
We really need to not compare Peppers/Williams/Kearse to Reggie White and Bruce Smith. I brought this up in the HoF thread, but White and Smith were complete anomalies. Nobody before or since (including Deacon Jones, but he was playing 14 game seasons) have really come close to matching their career sack totals. We were tricked by the fact that they both played at the same time and they started at about the same time that the NFL began keeping official sack statistics; but 200 career sacks is very much an aberration.

If I'm "only" getting Peppers and his 112 sacks, I'm running the draft card up to the podium some time in January.
For seriouslies. And I was one of the people backing #10 in his Osi is a better and more productive DE than Peppers thread, but if you're telling me that the "risk" is that we'll get a Peppers instead of a Strahan/White, that's a gamble you take 15 times out of 5 cause that's no risk at all.

And I do love just how automatically people lash out against hype. Sure Reggie Bush was crazy hyped, but there's not been a single player come out in the NFL draft in my life time who was as hyped as Luck, and he's awesome, even if some folks tried to nitpick him because of the hype. Just cause there's a lot of hype doesn't mean it's not justified in special cases, and Clowney could've been a beast in the NFL as a teenager, so he is most certainly a special case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Clowney falls out of the Top 5, that team is getting a steal. Has this season created concerns about Clowney? Sure but right now he's a guy who is more worried about not getting hurt than producing on the field. It all started when the insurance policy was taken out, and I can't say I blame him. Remember, he was on a team with Marcus Lattimore, who was restricted by the rules of having to stay in school even though he was clearly a special player and he suffered a catastrophic injury leading to a draft stock that plummeted. The consequences of last year have to be weighing on his mind.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Blawbert
Rookie

Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As with all acclaimed #1 picks they go under the microscope. I just pray he doesnt break like greg hardy did. But if the worst thing that happens is hes greg hardy. well thats not that bad at all.
Blawbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blawbert View Post
As with all acclaimed #1 picks they go under the microscope. I just pray he doesnt break like greg hardy did. But if the worst thing that happens is hes greg hardy. well thats not that bad at all.
It doesn't get any better than Greg Hardy. Never forget that.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...on1-basketball
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Blawbert
Rookie

Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
It doesn't get any better than Greg Hardy. Never forget that.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...on1-basketball
At first glance i thought that was an old article from when he was in college because college kids say stupid things. And then i took a second glance and saw that was from yesterday...
Blawbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At first glance i thought that was an old article from when he was in college because college kids say stupid things. And then i took a second glance and saw that was from yesterday...

It bugs the F- out of me when someone refuses to acknowledge when someone else is great because their own egos won't allow it.

When some dude who's never played competitive team sports before tells me if they were bigger, they definitely could have played at a top 25 football program, I have to leave the room.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is the same dude who said he was going to get 50 sacks this year

...Just 47 more to go
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An actual analysis of Clowney's performance so far this year;

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-is-production

Just to add, I think this one shot goes a long way in showing why Clowney is rated so highly;

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
This is the same dude who said he was going to get 50 sacks this year

...Just 47 more to go
So 6-8 games left to do it, I see no reason he can't average between 7-8 sacks a game.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People call Hardy "Da Kraken"?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
People call Hardy "Da Kraken"?
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
#1 picks are just picked appart for dumb reasons. People acted like Luck had a weak arm even. People will find something to complain about.There is no holes in his game.

I understand the merits of the DE vs QB arguement, but Clowney is absolutely a special talent and an elite prospect. There are only one or two elite players a draft and he is clearly one of those. If he slips out of the top 2 he is a steal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote