Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-17-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't you still like 30 Rock?

If so your argument is invalid.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Jess and Nick together is ruining it, just like every show is ruined when the guy and girl get together.
I agree with this.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying New Girl is awful, because it isn't.. it just isn't as good as it has been in the past.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's only been 4 episodes and I'd say 2 of them weren't "normal." Not every episode is going to be laugh out loud funny.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is definitely not awful. I guess I shouldn't have agreed with Nick and Jess "ruining" the show, it is still pretty good. But they're straying away from some of the established tropes that made me really like the show. And I've just never liked Winston.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-17-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Didn't you still like 30 Rock?

If so your argument is invalid.
30 Rock still had moments, I couldn't just stop watching it, but this is different, New Girl is still really funny and so far over 4 episodes they've done a fine job juggling the new Jess and Nick dynamic. Plus I've really liked Schmidt so far this season and Winston continues to be wonderful. This isn't the same thing by any stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
It is definitely not awful. I guess I shouldn't have agreed with Nick and Jess "ruining" the show, it is still pretty good. But they're straying away from some of the established tropes that made me really like the show. And I've just never liked Winston.
Well now you're just spouting nonsense. You sound like a crazy person, or worse...brodie...

Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winston is at his best being the "normal" one. Now he is mired in depression that really just makes him worse. Although I do like the Ferguson.

Nick has his moments still but Schmidt has really tumbled and while Nick was consistently funny I though Schmidt had some of the best moments.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

What is there to like about Winston?

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-17-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Girl gets a pass for having a few "normal" episodes, but you people were willing to set this place on fire when Community does the same thing. Welp.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

It's because the New Girl equivalent of Dan Harmon didn't get booted from the show. People decided what they would see before they saw it there.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-17-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Winston is at his best being the "normal" one. Now he is mired in depression that really just makes him worse. Although I do like the Ferguson.

Nick has his moments still but Schmidt has really tumbled and while Nick was consistently funny I though Schmidt had some of the best moments.
Thing is Winston still works as the voice of reason amongst them, which is why I really loved the I can't be the normal one line from when he was trying to get ferguson laid.

And I've really enjoyed Schmidt this season *shrug* he has definitely delivered some of the high points of the show in the past as he and nick are the two who stand out the most, but he's still been thoroughly entertaining.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
New Girl gets a pass for having a few "normal" episodes, but you people were willing to set this place on fire when Community does the same thing. Welp.
No no no not valid at all. Community had new show runners. If Harmon were still there and the eps that came out dipped I'd still have given it the benefit of the doubt. Also the bad New Girls eps this year are still funnier than the good Community eps last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
For what it's worth i was defending community for their "normal" episodes to.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

At this point I think we are just arguing semantics. Everyone is saying the same things just to differing degrees.

The show is still good just not at its peak.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, "ruining" was too strong of a word, I still like it, I just liked it better when they weren't together. Letting the guy and girl get together CAN work, its just really hard to make it work, ESPECIALLY for a comedy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

*shrug* they're handling the transition well and still really funny, a great episode or two and it'll be every bit as good a season as the ones before it.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
No no no not valid at all. Community had new show runners. If Harmon were still there and the eps that came out dipped I'd still have given it the benefit of the doubt. Also the bad New Girls eps this year are still funnier than the good Community eps last year.
No. People were bashing the "normal" episodes of Community even when Harmon was the showrunner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
For what it's worth i was defending community for their "normal" episodes to.
Fair enough.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been rewatching the entire first season of Community in syndication and I forgot how much I loved the early stuff. I don't think I've seen any of them since their first-run years back.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Community is back on January 2nd.

edit: And Fox picked up the back 9 episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Woot!

Last edited by vidae : 10-18-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Community is back on January 2nd.

edit: And Fox picked up the back 9 episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Woot!
Is it possible they learned their lesson?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Ne Girl and B99 will be following the Super Bowl this year. Hopefully it gives B99 a ratings boost.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

B99 was great this week, and I started watching a comedy on ABC called Trophy Wife (because I love Bradley Whitford) and it wasn't bad. Not great, but entertaining.