Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 10-13-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
I don't mean an actual trade. Just frustrating to witness that Jets have no "go to guy" WR or TE like many teams have.
I agree with that, and hopefully it's made a priority in the draft or FA. I don't think the Jets are close enough to being a Super Bowl contender with that additional piece to justify going after someone via trade, though. Particularly someone over 30.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though the Jets have no go-to guy, I have been really impressed with Stephen Hill's development from last year. There are definitley still thing he has to work on, but he has greatly improved. If the Jets can find a #1 reciever somewhere, they will have a decent roster of wrs. If Hill keeps developing, he should be a good #2 (I don't see him as a #1 because of his hands but maybe that improves) and Kerley is a good slot. The Jets need a #1 and some kind of speedster that isn't clyde gates.

I'm not sure how this season is going to end up, but I am so far encouraged by how the team has played. I did not expect them to be one of the bottom five teams in the league like lots of guys on ESPN would have had you believe. They need to shore up their o-line abit, secondary, and add some offensive weapons over the offseason. If they can hit in the draft and make some smart signings, they have a chance to be a really good roster that will just need Geno to develop to be close to a contender in the division. However, if the team falls apart and things get blown up, who knows?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Goodson is done for season.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because this forum lacks of activity, Jets are going to lose the game. lol.

Gronk is playing so that means Patriots will burn a lot of game clock. Whatever Jets do, they have to limit them to field goal every time they enter redzone.

Geno Smith needs to stay sharp at accuracy because the running game alone will not beat Patriots, especially with Gronk being active.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats are really banged up defensively, and to have any chance in this one the Jets need to take advantage. Ultimately the Jets have gone as Geno has gone this season, I'm not sure Geno playing well will be enough but hopefully it would be if that happens.

Other thing to hope for would be that the Pats struggle a bit to adjust to having Gronk back in the offense - but I think that's just wishful thinking on my part.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me that win on a penalty all week and twice on Sundays.I find it hilarious. I love the reactions. I don't really care about how wins look. This Jets team is not that great, and continues to show that but continues to overachieve in the standings. Exactly what Rex needed to keep his job which I actually think he deserves even if I'm not his biggest proponent. This team is showing that it is a few pieces and a little more seasoning away from being a top team. For now since I don't expect anything from a team that is talented but clearly lacking, I can find the ugly wins to be hillarious and awesome.
Stray observations in no particular order or format
Milliner was really bad from what I saw. Allen was playing well but started getting beaten later in the game so he really did better than I expected by not getting dominated. I was little surprised by how Ryan kept rushing three at the end of the game but maybe Ryan saw how off Brady was and didn't want any chance of a blown coverage.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post

Other thing to hope for would be that the Pats struggle a bit to adjust to having Gronk back in the offense - but I think that's just wishful thinking on my part.
Closer. Many bad timings between Gronk and Brady helped. Whew!

Cumberland needs to snatch football properly. 2 important catches were stripped by defenders.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't want to beat the Pats like that, but I'll take the W nonetheless.

I hate how Rex rushes 3 at the end of games. It almost cost us in Atlanta and almost costed us today. It's just stupid.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I hate how Rex rushes 3 at the end of games. It almost cost us in Atlanta and almost costed us today. It's just stupid.
I was screaming at my TV. Also that 3rd and 5 play on the last drive was one of the worst play calls I've ever seen.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/2...n-in-the-face/

Although he does not deserve to wear this 80 jersey, he could not knock down a lady.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't want to beat the Pats like that, but I'll take the W nonetheless.

Honestly, you guys played a great game. Ive said it and I know a lot of the other Pats fans have too, but that penalty wasn't connotative of the game that was played. Brady was forced to make bad throws, Geno made enough plays, the run game for you guys worked when you needed it to. I don't put that game on the penalty, you shouldnt either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, the Jets deserved that one. The penalty was BS but we were outplayed.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Honestly, you guys played a great game. Ive said it and I know a lot of the other Pats fans have too, but that penalty wasn't connotative of the game that was played. Brady was forced to make bad throws, Geno made enough plays, the run game for you guys worked when you needed it to. I don't put that game on the penalty, you shouldnt either.
I think the Jets did outplay the Pats and to be honest, Brady was awful but I just just hate seeing games end like that. It's a great rivalry and even if the Jets did deserve to win that game, I didn't want the game to end like that. Even though the correct call was made (and it's weak), I just rather have won without any "asterisks".

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-21-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
I think the Jets did outplay the Pats and to be honest, Brady was awful but I just just hate seeing games end like that. It's a great rivalry and even if the Jets did deserve to win that game, I didn't want the game to end like that. Even though the correct call was made (and it's weak), I just rather have won without any "asterisks".
I agree wholeheartedly with this post.

On a different topic, I'm still really happy with Marty Mornhinweg. Not a perfect offensive coordinator, but so much better than the Jets have had in a while. Thought the offensive gameplan between trying to target the bigger linebackers on the Pats in coverage and attempting to wear down their front was pretty solid.

He takes shots at the right points and the offense has been converting third downs at distances where they rarely converted with three downs to work with. I'm happy with how he uses players as well, think he's creative enough where if they take a talented offensive player without a clear cut role he'll actually find good ways to use them/get them the ball.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Yeah, I really like Marty a lot. In the past on 3rd and 7, we run a draw from the shotgun and then punt. Now we're actually throwing the ball and converting. It's beautiful.

My only complaint with him is all of these FB dives with Bohanon. Other than that, I'm thrilled with Marty.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-21-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Im still not sure why Powell wasn't used at all. Ive heard nothing abotu him suffering an injury. It certainly seemed like he was with all the Ivory usage and even a few carries for bohanon

Last edited by josh07039 : 10-21-2013 at 08:11 PM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Powell only getting 3 carries was part of the gameplan apparently. Rex said Ivory was hot and they were riding him.

Interesting that Bohanon got more carries than Powell.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Powell only getting 3 carries was part of the gameplan apparently. Rex said Ivory was hot and they were riding him.

Bohanon is a starting FB, not backing up to Ivory at RB.

The way you set up the formation, you don't put Powell in as FB.

Also, Jets used Cribbs for Wildcat. Injury has to do something with his lack of participation.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

The way Kerley has played, how do you want to set up 3 WRs?

Plan 1:

Hill and Kerley on outside.
draft small and speedy WR to play Z.

Plan 2:

Draft hand reliable WR to play opposing Hill.
Kerley on slot.

Plan 3:

Draft 2 WRs to play outside and inside.
Move Kerley around to create mismatch.

Plan 4:

Just find a WR that gets NFL defense's attention.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I think plan 4 would be my ideal plan, since the offense could use a centerpiece. If you have a chance to get a Julio Jones/AJ Green/Dez Bryant type WR to build the offense around, that would be awesome. Granted maybe it's built around Geno, but a WR/RB who will be the focus of defenses would be nice.

If not, I think something along the lines of 2. Maybe not necessarily a reliable hands guy, but someone who can create after the catch and has the speed to get deep. Mainly work them in the short to intermediate areas along with Kerley while Hill stretches the field. Hoping to create YAC with the new receiver, but have them go deep from time to time also. Essentially the role Holmes was playing when healthy, only he's not the same as he used to be after the catch. Sammy Watkins, for example, would be great IMO.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft the best WR possible.

They are obviously going to sign Golden Tate to fill two needs also. All of the sudden their WR core isn't that bad.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Bohanon is a starting FB, not backing up to Ivory at RB.

The way you set up the formation, you don't put Powell in as FB.

Also, Jets used Cribbs for Wildcat. Injury has to do something with his lack of participation.
Trust me, I'm well aware of that. Bohanon got a few carries in single backfield formations.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I heard Rex say that too and I just don't get it. Powell has been the most effective rb on the team all year and is very well rounder in terms of pass protection and catching the ball. I don't think there is ever a reason to just cut him out of the gameplan. Especially when Ivory was running poorly until late in the game.

I'm not sure what to say about their wildcat usage, they get some decent gains from it occasionally, but they use it too often, especially when they offer little to no possibility of a pass.

I like Bohanon, but him getting more carries than Powell makes no sense. Bohanon getting so many carries (for him anyhow) was the reason I assume Powell had to be injured.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I think plan 4 would be my ideal plan, since the offense could use a centerpiece. If you have a chance to get a Julio Jones/AJ Green/Dez Bryant type WR to build the offense around, that would be awesome. Granted maybe it's built around Geno, but a WR/RB who will be the focus of defenses would be nice.

If not, I think something along the lines of 2. Maybe not necessarily a reliable hands guy, but someone who can create after the catch and has the speed to get deep. Mainly work them in the short to intermediate areas along with Kerley while Hill stretches the field. Hoping to create YAC with the new receiver, but have them go deep from time to time also. Essentially the role Holmes was playing when healthy, only he's not the same as he used to be after the catch. Sammy Watkins, for example, would be great IMO.

YAC is problem because of Geno Smith. It is hard to know if a draftee can help us with YAC machine like Watkins or Richardson. That is why I have been thinking about reliable hands like Mike Evans or Allen Robinson or Jordan Matthews. All of them can run for extra yards but won't outrun defenders for long run. 1st down hog will help burn game clock and keep Ryan defense sharper.

That is why I like plan 3. Get either Evans, Robinson or Matthews early and get small and speedy WR later like Reese or Lankford or Wilson. Obviously, those last 2 names came from Wright's ranking as I have no idea who the f are they but get idea where I like to go for plan 3.

For Plan 4, Larry Fitzgerald still is on my mind. lol.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
YAC is problem because of Geno Smith. It is hard to know if a draftee can help us with YAC machine like Watkins or Richardson. That is why I have been thinking about reliable hands like Mike Evans or Allen Robinson or Jordan Matthews. All of them can run for extra yards but won't outrun defenders for long run. 1st down hog will help burn game clock and keep Ryan defense sharper.

That is why I like plan 3. Get either Evans, Robinson or Matthews early and get small and speedy WR later like Reese or Lankford or Wilson. Obviously, those last 2 names came from Wright's ranking as I have no idea who the f are they but get idea where I like to go for plan 3.

For Plan 4, Larry Fitzgerald still is on my mind. lol.
Why is YAC a problem because of Geno - ball placement? Tavon Austin was quite good at getting YAC with Geno throwing him the ball in college. I think Geno will continue to improve as he cleans up mechanics - which still need work.