Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-21-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
The problem is there is way more to being a complete RB than just that and it's really all he's good at. He has MAJOR deficiencies that manifest themselves on just about any fundamental, staple running play. That said, he was not the problem today, so I won't rail on him too much, but he needs to be a change of pace back/space player. Problem with that is we paid him $53M, so there's really no choice other than to "feature" him.

Initial viewing, I thought Schwenke did a very good job, way better than Turner. Edwards was unimpressive and we missed Morgan badly. We also another pass rusher on the DL still. Reynaud is a turd. Britt is a turd. Love Kendall Wright, that guy would kill it on a more consistent offensive team. Schedule lightens up a good bit from here on out, need to take advantage of it. Niners fans at the stadium were very obnoxious, sore winners. I've had a lot of good experiences with opposing fans, not them.
Based on some of their posters on here, I'm not at all surprised 9ers fans are obnoxious.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Missed the game, but it seems Jake played ok coming off injury. That's awesome.

Tons of options at returner besides Reynaud. I'd like Kendall Wright to get a shot at returning. We also have Damian Williams who did it at USC, and I believe Khalid Wooten has experience as well. Could always bump him up from the PS. Tommie Campbell would be exciting. Or if all else fails, just throw Britt out there. At this point, ST's may be all he's good for, and I'm pretty sure he did some returning after the Ryan Mouton debacle.

Bye week came at a good time, and we should be favored against St. Louis and J'Ville. Lets get healthy and create momentum heading into the home stretch.
The schedule looks pretty favorable after the bye. The Rams without Bradford then the Jags as you point out. Call me crazy but I'm seeing 9-7 which would be a good improvement over last year.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Based on some of their posters on here, I'm not at all surprised 9ers fans are obnoxious.
San Francisco sports fans are the absolute worst. They feel the need to rub their teams in your face at every possible moment.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we cut Reynaud today LOL.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should have been cut a couple of weeks ago. But better late than never.

Now it should be Britt's turn.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team is probably holding out slim hope of getting something for Britt but after his antics yesterday that probably isn't likely.

Just curious but why was Renaud out there as a WR at the beginning of the game. He looked like catching a football was something alien to him.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cut Reynaud today, and Bud apparently has passed away this morning.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'll be forever grateful to Bud for him bringing my city an NFL franchise. Even if the team can be frustrating at times, it's better than indifference.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The team is probably holding out slim hope of getting something for Britt but after his antics yesterday that probably isn't likely.

Just curious but why was Renaud out there as a WR at the beginning of the game. He looked like catching a football was something alien to him.
He played both WR and RB in college. He's not that great at either though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IIRC he primarily played WR in college. But he sucked at both.

At this point, I'd be fine getting someone back there (punt returns) to just fair catch the thing every time.

Then put Chris Johnson back there as a kick returner, we're paying him so much might as well get some touches out of him.

Ok, that last part was a joke. Kind of.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite us getting hammered, I'm pretty excited to delve into the all-22 when it opens up tomorrow. I want to watch Schwenke, and see if Warmack improved any with a different guy next to him. The defense I don't really care to watch other than to see how many times we were beaten by formation (ie before the ball was even snapped, which was a huge problem last year).
Old 10-22-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Despite us getting hammered, I'm pretty excited to delve into the all-22 when it opens up tomorrow. I want to watch Schwenke, and see if Warmack improved any with a different guy next to him. The defense I don't really care to watch other than to see how many times we were beaten by formation (ie before the ball was even snapped, which was a huge problem last year).
I was actually wishing I had DVRd the game.

The second half looks manageable. Right off the bat a game vs the Rams who will be without Bradford and coming off a Monday night game vs Seattle. Nobody has won this year after playing Seattle by the way.

Predicting 6-3 going forward 9-7 overall with tiebreakers over the Jets and Chargers. Call me crazy I guess.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:09 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm moving to North Chatt! Where's Titans10 at?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I had us at 4-3 in my preseason guessing of every NFL game. We're 3-4, I had us finishing at 10-6 so 9-7 or 10-6 is still a reasonable goal I feel.

The main thing is how we play against the Colts, Texans and Jags. I know we are laughing at the Jags now, but they always play us tough and we seem to play down to their level.

I see some winable games for us, and some losable games for the Colts. The Colts passing philosophy has got to catch up with them at some point. The offense didn't beat the Broncos, it was the Broncos mistakes that beat the Broncos.

The two Colts games are really what will make or break our season. I hope we show up to play.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

No Reggie Wayne is a big blow to 'em. You never want to be grateful for an injury, but I can't help but feel fortunate that he'll miss both of our games this season. And no Dwayne Allen. Or Ahmad Bradshaw. Or 1st RD pick cause Grigson gonna Grigson.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just as long as Trent Richardson doesn't try any of that Vick Ballard **** again, torpedoing his way to the endzone.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm moving to North Chatt! Where's Titans10 at?
That doesn't sound like Nashville.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:59 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
That doesn't sound like Nashville.
It's closer than where I was though!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

God damnit I hate bye weeks so much. I guess it was needed to rest some guys up though. We really need to make a push through this softer part of the schedule if we wanna be in any position for a wild card. No stupid trip ups against teams like Jacksonville (which would not surprise me in the least).
Old 10-27-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

It actually worked out for me. I don't normally work on Sundays, but I had to work today.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

So who's ya'lls preferred MLB in this year's draft? There's tons of good ones, and we'll probably take one in the first couple rounds.

I'd prefer to use our 1st RDer on someone like DL Stephon Tuitt to play Pitoitua's elephant DE role, only better, or TE with Eric Ebron or Austin Sefarian-Jenkins.

Tuitt would be such a weapon for Williams and Gray. You can play him on the strongside to free up Ayers off the edge. Play him on the weakside to keep Brown clean. Play an odd front with Morgan-Casey-Tuitt, or do something similar to what Seattle does by going with with Morgan-Casey-Tuitt, then Wimbley as the Leo and Ayers as the over SLB, which means he'd be lined up on or towards the LOS. Plus, you can use a big, athletic DE to effectively defend the run-option if you have him always line up on the weakside, where there's no TE to help block.

As for Ebron and ASJ, I feel like we have three 2nd string TEs. Which is nice, but I want Locker to have a legitimate, consistent option at TE. Walker is a versatile H-Back who does everything well but nothing great, Thompson is a monster who dominates special teams and is a great blocker, but isn't a polished receiver, and I feel Stevens's time is up in Tennessee. Lets get that playmaker in the passing game, continue to develop Thompson's monstrous talent while allowing him to continue to do what he does best, which is knock people over, and then have Walker take care of everything in between.

Then in the 2nd RD, address ILB. CJ Mosley and Khalil Mack are projected to go in the 1st, but there are still studs like Christian Jones, AJ Johnson, Shayne Skov, and Andrew Jackson. I think Jones is my preference of the group. Adding him would give us the most athletic crew of LBs in the league. They went with pass defense over run defense when Fokou started over McCarthy, and I think Jones has the edge there. Although, I'd be pleased with any of them.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 10-28-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Tuitt would be a great fit based on his profile. I despise Notre Dame so I've never watched him to see how he actually plays, but he fits the physical skillset to a T. Someone like that in the 1st would be good with me, provided he's worth the pick.

In the 2nd, I'd want someone like Bishop Sankey, or maybe even wait another couple rounds for Antonio Andrews (no clue where he's projected to go, but I'd assume mid-rounder). We probably won't do this, though, and instead we'll try to rely on CJ and Greene again as we muddle our way through another maddeningly inconsistent run game. That's my expectation anyway.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Eric Ebron, he's my draft crush this year. Also, like that Oregon corner whose name I won't bother trying to spell. A DE would be nice, but I haven't found one that intrigues me like Ansah and Mingo last year.

I also want Lache Seastrunk.

Last edited by RufusMcDaniel : 10-29-2013 at 11:40 PM.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

At end I really like Trent Murphy and Dominique Easley. Obviously Easley is going to have to come back from the ACL injury which is scary, but I'm still high on him.

Ray Drew and Aaron Lynch are a couple of other guys to keep an eye on, even if Lynch is having a down year.

Too bad we don't stand a chance at that Clowney guy. I hear he's pretty good.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm sure he's gone by our selection, but I'd take Jake Matthews in a heartbeat, play him at RT and then move him to LT later on.

Tuitt would be intriguing based on his size and athleticism. Beasley is a highly touted DE, but he's best at LB in the NFL.

A few guys I like: (Project Round)
RB James Wilder (3-4)
RB Damien Williams (4-5)
WR Mike Evans (1)
WR Jordan Matthews (2)
WR Tevin Reese (5)
OT Cornelous Lucas (6)
DE Jackson Jeffcoat (3-4)
ILB Lamon Barrow (4)
CB Justin Gilbert (2-3)
FS Ty Zimmerman (4)
SS Ahmad Dixon (3)