Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-25-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i was more commenting on the $125/month. i pay the same for two lines, but one would probably be like, $100-$110. given that the speed is always good, i don't really find that bad. it's certainly nowhere near high enough to make me bail. but then, vzw is also one of the only services i've been able to consistently use when i'm skiing, going back to at&t for that reason alone isn't really an option.

that said, i'd be pissed if that wasn't unlimited data.
Yeah it's not the 125 that annoys me, it's what I'm getting for it.

450 minutes, unlimited texts, and 2 gigs of data. That's a complete rip off. It's actually 95 a month (I pay for full protection on the phone too) but I go over my data so often that it's been 125 the past couple of months.

I think for my situation, it's just time to switch. Verizon is the best network hands down, but I can't justify paying that much for so little.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
30 a month just for data or your whole bill is just 30 bucks?

I heard there's a 70 a month plan that doesn't get throttled?
I pay $30 a month for unlimited data (first 5 GB are 4G) and 100 minutes.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I pay $30 a month for unlimited data (first 5 GB are 4G) and 100 minutes.
Same here. I still have like 22 minutes left and my billing cycle is about to hit.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah it's not the 125 that annoys me, it's what I'm getting for it.

450 minutes, unlimited texts, and 2 gigs of data. That's a complete rip off. It's actually 95 a month (I pay for full protection on the phone too) but I go over my data so often that it's been 125 the past couple of months.

I think for my situation, it's just time to switch. Verizon is the best network hands down, but I can't justify paying that much for so little.
wait, you realize that 2 more gigs of data is only $10 extra per month right? When you go over your allowance it is $10 PER GIG. upgrade to 4GB of data and you will probably be close to ok. Or even the 6 gig plan is less than the 125.

Although, my girlfriend and I have 2 gigs and unlimited talk and text and it is almost $150 for both of us to have smart phones.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gods damn it release the Nexus 5 already

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
wait, you realize that 2 more gigs of data is only $10 extra per month right? When you go over your allowance it is $10 PER GIG. upgrade to 4GB of data and you will probably be close to ok. Or even the 6 gig plan is less than the 125.

Although, my girlfriend and I have 2 gigs and unlimited talk and text and it is almost $150 for both of us to have smart phones.
It's not, they charged me 10 dollars for like 1 month. Then it was 20. Now it's 30. I think it goes up as you violate it more.

And they have 2 gig and 5 gig plans. The 5 gig plan is an extra 30 bucks a month so my bill would come out to 125 per month anyway with that plan.

No thanks. I had enough of that. And I can't do a data plan with my gf. She uses like 10 gigs a month. I'd get anal raped for that.

She has tmobile though so she never worries about data. Meanwhile I'm here paying a ton of money like a schmuck for no reason.

I'm just having a hard time justifying keeping Verizon. Once my contract is up, I'm most likely leaving.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After a couple weeks, still loving the Note 3. The lack off a hardware keyboard is less a problem with this wide screen. My sausage fingers appreciate the extra space. The stock keyboard is pretty good at corrections and suggestions.

I'm mildly disappointed by the battery life but I think it's mostly my terrible reception at work. It is constantly switching an searching between 3g/4G. It charges up pretty quick though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pay $89 with Sprint for 450 minutes which I never use cuz I never call a land line and unlimited data. Wish I could pay less but it's not the worst thing, call quality sucks though but since I hardly talk on the phone its barely an issue.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

When are they going to show us the Nexus 5? It seems like they're teasing everybody by delaying it so much.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T-Mobile has open it up for competitors having true unlimited 4g lte no throttling issues for me I'm always on lte here. I think it's so stupid you have to pay for overages now n days, they're just trying to juice it right now. Just have unlimited data I know with all the new towers att has been putting up over the past few years it shouldn't be a problem. I have a few friends that go around the country all year putting up att towers. But anyways true unlimited data for a decent price should be for all phone companies now.

Also niel you should get it checked out I have my phone in Pandora or Netflix from 8 till about 5 on and off all day and I come home with about 30 to 40 percent left on my note.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah I figure even if TMobile's service sucks, which in comparison to Verizon it does, I don't use the phone nearly as much as I use data so it just makes sense to make the switch.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
After a couple weeks, still loving the Note 3. The lack off a hardware keyboard is less a problem with this wide screen. My sausage fingers appreciate the extra space. The stock keyboard is pretty good at corrections and suggestions.

I'm mildly disappointed by the battery life but I think it's mostly my terrible reception at work. It is constantly switching an searching between 3g/4G. It charges up pretty quick though.
Samsungs have awful battery life in general. It's one of the main reasons I'm going to probably switch from the Samsung S3 to some other phone next year. Even when I close the app by pressing the back or home button, the app is still in the background running, causing my battery to die and my data to run up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i disagree. my note 2 has consistently dominated every phone i've had in the last 8 years.

fwiw - the back or home button isn't necessarily a close app button. android itself should properly switch things 'off' when they're not in use, but some poorly coded apps will stay active regardless.
All of my apps stay running when I just press the home button. The only way to completely turn them off it to hold down the home button, which will bring up all the open apps (which means every app I've used that day) and then close them out. It's annoying. Pressing the home button to exit the app should turn the app off.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 10-30-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it takes literally a few seconds to do it though..

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The list of apps that you see when holding down Home is not a list of active apps. Hold down Home then go to Task Manager to see list of active apps. The list you are referring to is more a list of recently used apps.

Edit: Some apps (if you want notifications or periodic updates) must remain running in the background. Apple even abandoned closing apps with the home button back in iOS4.

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 10-30-2013 at 12:41 PM.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I've read background apps shouldn't be much of an issue anymore since the phone is supposed to manage them accordingly.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't have to kill apps.

B)
Old 10-30-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On my GS4 (and I think most smartphones) the screen is the biggest offender anyway. Until they can figure out how to make these hi-res screens that consume very little power this is going to be an issue. Just checked my battery usage and so far today it looks like this:

43% screen
23% google services
10% android OS

The rest scattered among various services/apps. None higher than 4% each.

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 10-30-2013 at 01:47 PM.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
All of my apps stay running when I just press the home button. The only way to completely turn them off it to hold down the home button, which will bring up all the open apps (which means every app I've used that day) and then close them out. It's annoying. Pressing the home button to exit the app should turn the app off.
get a task killer. You open the app, push a button, and it kills the app....in fact, advanced task killer has a home screen widget that you can download and you can do it right from your homescreen.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Actually, it looks like the WalkDroid app (which I never use) takes up most of my battery 30%. Somehow it got onto my phone and is constantly running. Uninstalling that should help out a lot. Thanks for suggesting going to battery usage.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 10-31-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Or you can get an iPhone and not worry about all those apps in the background.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or you can get an iPhone and not worry about all those apps in the background.

But not an accurate touchscreen.

...but really, you do have to worry about that too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone here is still in the market for a Nexus 5, it drops within the next few hours. Be signed into Google with a payment method ready. There's a fairly good chance it will be sold out within an hour.

...or the sources are wrong. But it looks pretty legit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-31-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're releasing the phone without releasing all the specs and stuff first?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
They're releasing the phone without releasing all the specs and stuff first?
Specs have been floating out there for awhile now.

But yeah, pretty strong buzz that it will be released at about 11 AM Pacific.

R.I.P. Junior Seau