Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 10-24-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Got Sidney Rice for Reggie Wayne, who I wasn't going to keep for next season due to other players I already have. Glad I got something out of nothing and can remain in the championship hunt
Wanted to add some options to my list of keepable players, and needed a roster spot to complete my trade with Commie. Also, Sidney Rice is one of those dudes that is frustratingly inconsistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that Sidney Rice, who I punted to the curb after 6 truly useless weeks of production, got traded for anyone at all.

He'll probably be useful now that I don't own him.
Also, this. I picked the dude up on waivers last week, and I got a guy who I might end up keeping for him.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Calm down Xio.
You can't hate him. Drew Brees, Jamaal Charles, Julio Jones and Brandon Marshall. All we can do is bow down and praise the man!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who wants some Jason Witten action? Looking for a WR in return. I don't need a TE back.

I know what I'm doing.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Who wants some Jason Witten action? Looking for a WR in return. I don't need a TE back.

I know what I'm doing.
I have Josh Cribbs and David Nelson to pick from ... Who doesn't want Jets' receivers?
Old 10-24-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have Josh Cribbs and David Nelson to pick from ... Who doesn't want Jets' receivers?
Geno Smith.. me.. everyone else but you.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was a blur of trades in my email all at once it seemed like lol. Xio is doing the smart thing and I'd probably do the same. I'm gonna be pissed if I have another good regular season, playoff loss, and late pick in the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Tolbert is available for trade. Don't laugh. He's better than a lot of the RBs you guys are still sticking with as starters.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Tolbert is available for trade. Don't laugh. He's better than a lot of the RBs you guys are still sticking with as starters.
Who are you trying to upgrade? Brees, Charles, Julio or Marshall?
Old 10-25-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Who are you trying to upgrade? Brees, Charles, Julio or Marshall?
None of the above.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sproles/Harvin/Cobb/Julius Thomas.

I think I can find 3 guys from that group.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Man, Irish — you're putting a lot of stock in Cobb. He was the No. 1 scorer in this league last year, but that's because he was returning kickoffs and getting an extra 7 to 10 points per game because of it.. He wasn't doing that at all this year in all the weeks before he got hurt and probably won't again. I think Le'Veon Bell is a better keeper than Cobb and you threw in Rivers, too.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Man, Irish you're putting a lot of stock in Cobb. He was the No. 1 scorer in this league last year, but that's because he was returning kickoffs and getting an extra 7 to 10 points per game because of it.. He wasn't doing that at all this year in all the weeks before he got hurt and probably won't again. I think Le'Veon Bell is a better keeper than Cobb and you threw in Rivers, too.
Why do you act the way you do?
Old 10-25-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why do you act the way you do?
It's an assessment of the trade. I don't have a problem with the trade going through. I'm just very surprised Irish was willing to take absolutely nothing he can use for this season, either as trade ammo or to help him win one game, in return while giving up Le'Veon and Rivers. It's true about Cobb. He's not a return man anymore and therefore not a Top 10 wideout.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Fun fact: through his first 4 weeks, Randall Cobb averaged 20.4 points per week.

Follow-up fun fact: that's more than any WR this year. This is without him being the KR, which he could very well become again next year.

I think I'll be just fine with Cobb.

As for this year, obviously my team is weaker. To upgrade from Bell to Cobb for next year (yes, it's an upgrade), I had to give up another piece. Rivers didn't figure into my plans next year, and Locker has been a solid starting QB when he's been healthy.

Last edited by mqtirishfan : 10-25-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
It's an assessment of the trade. I don't have a problem with the trade going through. I'm just very surprised Irish was willing to take absolutely nothing he can use for this season, either as trade ammo or to help him win one game, in return while giving up Le'Veon and Rivers. It's true about Cobb. He's not a return man anymore and therefore not a Top 10 wideout.
You think Irish cares about winning one game?

Not being a return man diminishes Cobb from being the top scoring fantasy player overall (and everyone knows that BTW - you're not educating anyone in case you think you are/were). However, his value is still strong being the #1 WR for Aaron Rodgers. 26 and 28.8 pts in the first 2 weeks of the season w/out returning kicks. 83.6 pts in 4 games before he got hurt in the beginning of the 5th game he played. He's still young and the injury is not expected to keep him out the entire season (in real life). I don't know what you're trying to preach? That he's not a good keeper??? Even your Top 10 WR quote is questionable. ESPN's preseason rankings disagree with you.

But of course there is only one opinion that is factual and that is your opinion. Thank you for your assessment and the patronizing manner in which you do it. My respect for you is legit, but you make it hard to like the things you say at times.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

We'll see next year who is right. Just confidently suggesting Irish sold low.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
We'll see next year who is right. Just confidently suggesting Irish sold low.
It's not even about who's right and wrong. Can't you let people handle their own trades and live with their own outcomes without your patronizing? You act like you know the future!

Your team is irrelevant after Week 7. Don't talk to us about being "right" when you're already enjoying your offseason. Good golly, Miss Molly...
Old 10-25-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Completed a trade with WMD: Jason Witten and DeAndre Hopkins for Larry Fitzgerald and Daniel Thomas

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Patronizing? You mean to tell me you guys aren't secure enough to handle a little second-guessing? If you disagree with me, that's great. But why should I not express an opinion after it's a done deal?

Also, my team isn't irrelevant. I'm still projected to outscore 9 of the other 19 teams this week. I can't help the fact that I began the season 2-5 despite having the 5th most points-scored in the 20-team league? That sort of bad-luck anomaly happens to a team in this league every year.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Completed a trade with WMD: Jason Witten and DeAndre Hopkins for Larry Fitzgerald and Daniel Thomas
Great trade, guys. Easily the best one of the day ...................
Old 10-25-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Patronizing? You mean to tell me you guys aren't secure enough to handle a little second-guessing? If you disagree with me, that's great. But why should I not express an opinion after it's a done deal?

Also, my team isn't irrelevant. I'm still projected to outscore 9 of the other 19 teams this week. I can't help the fact that I began the season 2-5 despite having the 5th most points-scored in the 20-team league? That sort of bad-luck anomaly happens to a team in this league every year.
Uhh... just because you tried to patronize doesn't mean we were. Pretty sure we both made our case with your end result being a jerkish comment like...

"We'll see who's right"
Old 10-25-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Great trade, guys. Easily the best one of the day ...................
Hey Mr. Right,
Enjoying the offseason in Week 8? LMAO.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Fun fact: If I had been matched up with D-Unit every week of the season so far, I would be 5-2 and he'd be 2-5.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Added benefit to trading for Cobb: I get to use my favorite team name and have its namesake on my team.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Fun fact: If I had been matched up with D-Unit every week of the season so far, I would be 5-2 and he'd be 2-5.
Fun for me, sad for you.

Are the 2014-15 position rankings out yet?