Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-27-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
lifting both legs in the exact area where the runner is crossing is not "trying to get up"

Boston fans are too much sometimes. Come on. Have none of us tried to lift ourselves from a lying position before? Good lord.
I always lift myself from the ground by sticking my legs in the air. What?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lifting both legs in the exact area where the runner is crossing is not "trying to get up"

Boston fans are too much sometimes. Come on. Have none of us tried to lift ourselves from a lying position before? Good lord.
**** it, here comes the line. Do not click below unless you're a degenerate jackass with no sense of morality or decency (like me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

How is he supposed to know where the runner is crossing when he is looking at the ground and can't see the runner?
Old 10-27-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
**** it, here comes the line. Do not click below unless you're a degenerate jackass with no sense of morality or decency (like me).

Old 10-27-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
How is he supposed to know where the runner is crossing when he is looking at the ground and can't see the runner?
Do you honestly think he lifted his legs like that for any other reason than to try and block the runner's path?

I mean.....really?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a degenerate ass! :)

And yeah, all this so called controversial call is sorta driving me crazy. Reverse roles here and say that was Big Papi running down the line like that (Molina wouldn't have made that stupid ass throw tho like Salty did) and Freese lifted his legs and tripped Papi. Would it be interference then? I bet if u ask Boston fans, it would be a different answer...

Cuz thats what I did in game 1 when they reversed the bad call. If it was the Cardinals on offense, I woulda wanted them to reverse the call too to make it right. So I am just saying.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Middlebrooks isn't at fault here. He was simply the victim of a ruling that needs to be worded better

I mean, here is the main line

"OBSTRUCTION is the act of a fielder who, while not in possession of the ball and not in the act of fielding the ball, impedes the progress of any runner.

doesn't say anything about intent....just leaves it open to a ton of possibilities for the umps, and with that, Joyce technically made the correct ruling as based on the official rules. What Middlebrooks intentions were/what he was trying to do/what he couldn't do....just doesnt' really matter when the ruling is written as simply as it is

and no, Middlebrooks wasn't in the act of fielding a ball, not by that point.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a lot of problems with the wording of the rule and also the definition of a baseline.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I guess his legs have a mind of their own that magically find opposing players feet then. That's the safest bet here I suppose.

when I wake up in the morning I too violently kick my feet in an upward motion because that's the only way to propel myself out of a lying position.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly wish you guys had to deal with the **** we do when we lose for once. Real classy stuff tonight gentlemen. I guess it comes with the territory, but whatever.

Unironically upset about it too. Fully own up to it bothering me at times.

Probably the right call too after the replay. It sucks, but Salty shouldn't have thrown it into the dirt.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Salty made a stupid, dumbass, unnecesary throw...
Old 10-27-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I honestly wish you guys had to deal with the **** we do when we lose for once. Real classy stuff tonight gentlemen. I guess it comes with the territory, but whatever.

Unironically upset about it too. Fully own up to it bothering me at times.
It must be so difficult to have your city win championships in all four major sports over the course of a decade. I can only imagine the hardships you endure.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
dude you're cool and all. But stop this.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess his legs have a mind of their own that magically find opposing players feet then. That's the safest bet here I suppose.

when I wake up in the morning I too violently kick my feet in an upward motion because that's the only way to propel myself out of a lying position.

OMG, you too?!?! I thought I was the only one!

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It must be so difficult to have your city win championships in all four major sports over the course of a decade. I can only imagine the hardships you endure.
Cool. I try to appreciate that there's two sides to everything and not be about my team winning or other teams losing as well. Like to try to be respectful.

That's just the way I prefer to handle things. Guess you can't say the same about everyone.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-27-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Quote:

False equivalence, getting out of bed in the morning cannot be compared to trying to get back on your feet as quickly as possible in a World Series game when your laying chest down on the ground.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Cool. I try to appreciate that there's two sides to everything and not be about my team winning or other teams losing as well. Like to try to be respectful.

That's just the way I prefer to handle things. Guess you can't say the same about everyone.
That has nothing to do with what I said. Going "YOU DON'T WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE US WHEN WE LOSE" after an unprecedented decade of success in the "big four" is just asking for mocking and hatred.

Quote:
Old 10-27-2013, 01:13 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
dude you're cool and all. But stop this.
Nah, I guess I'm not that cool.

Whatever though. Go right ahead and make jokes about the bombing over a ******* baseball game. I had a few friends right at the finish line. Left fifteen minutes before the entire thing went down.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-27-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Whatever though. Go right ahead and make jokes about the bombing over a ******* baseball game. I had a few friends right at the finish line. Left fifteen minutes before the entire thing went down.
Please, I prefaced it by saying it was tasteless, crass, and immoral. If you clicked it and got offended, after the warning, that's on you.

Quote:
Old 10-27-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Please, I prefaced it by saying it was tasteless, crass, and immoral. If you clicked it and got offended, after the warning, that's on you.
I guess it is.

You're still a ****.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-27-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
False equivalence, getting out of bed in the morning cannot be compared to trying to get back on your feet as quickly as possible in a World Series game when your laying chest down on the ground.

Hahah wow.

Go ask a physicist what is the easiest way to get up while lying on your stomach. I'm sure he'll agree with you. Bye.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I guess it is.

You're still a ****.
Never said I wasn't. I'm well aware I'm a piece of garbage, hence me referring to myself as such in the previous post.

Quote:
Old 10-27-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That has nothing to do with what I said. Going "YOU DON'T WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE US WHEN WE LOSE" after an unprecedented decade of success in the "big four" is just asking for mocking and hatred.
Meh... Sometimes I'm jealous of other fanbases that aren't constantly in championships, really - and I know I'm not the only one. "Getting there" is no longer rewarding - it's just more stressful, and not fun at all. I was pretty happy to not have to deal with baseball last fall. Being in championships every year is not all it's cracked up to be. You simply would not understand.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Old 10-27-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Meh... Sometimes I'm jealous of other fanbases that aren't constantly in championships, really - and I know I'm not the only one. "Getting there" is no longer rewarding - it's just more stressful, and not fun at all. I was pretty happy to not have to deal with baseball last fall. Being in championships every year is not all it's cracked up to be. You simply would not understand.
And imagine going an entire lifetime without seeing a championship run like the fans in Cleveland. Yeah, it sucks when your team loses in the final round but you've got like 8 combined championships in the big four over the last decade. At least you can take solace in that.

Quote: