Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 10-17-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harrison Smith will miss at least Monday night's game with turf toe, so as bad as our defense has been, we can expect it to be worse...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli goes for 350 and 4 TDs on Monday night. Minimum.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith expected to miss about 8 weeks. F***
Old 10-18-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh they might as well put Smith on the shelf for the season. We're not going to win many games anyways and theres no sense risking serious damage.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Well, a high draft pick should get them a QB prospect at least.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't miss Harrison Smith, to be honest.

Who else you guys got out right now?

You've all heard our list..... both OTs, 4 of our top 5 LBers including Matthews Perry and Brad Jones.

All-Rookie CB Casey Hayward has yet to suit up this season for us.

Of course, Cobb, Jermichael, and James Jones are all injured, and you bought Jennings from us. So Rodgers only has one target left that y'all could even identify.
Our trainer reportedly has carpel tunnel from all the dealings with our injured guys.

What are y'all guys thoughts and expectations for Freeman?
He beat Rodgers in his first ever start in Tampa Bay in the creamsicle uniforms, 2008 season IIRC.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Made a gameday thread for game discussion. Let's use this thread in between games.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fun fact: vikings offense was near the top of the league with Ponder at starting QB.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
fun fact: vikings offense was near the top of the league with Ponder at starting QB.

Stop it.

dfgdfgdfg
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe this explains why he played like such **** on Monday night:

Quote:
Ben Goessling ‏@GoesslingESPN 2m
Freeman has concussion-like symptoms. Ponder will work with No. 1 unit in practice.
Maybe he just had a concussion like the whole game, that has to explain why he overthrew damn near every receiver...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The vikings really should be shopping around Jared Allen before the trade deadline. Since he's only got one year left on his contract they might as well trade him before the end of the year...especially if they have no intention of keeping him around for longer.

As for Freeman, he is starting on Sunday night.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe that i am saying this, but I agree with Vikes on Jared Allen ;) They've got to get something for him, because i do not see management signing him to an extension.... unless the bottom continues to fall out & there is a whole regime change. Which i am not necessarily opposed to.

And i am thrilled that i get to watch Ponder stink it up live on Sunday night. My final game at the dome & i guess that it is fitting that we will get blown out by the Pack.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are they going to get for 8 weeks of a declining, aging DE with an expiring deal? A 5th?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
What are they going to get for 8 weeks of a declining, aging DE with an expiring deal? A 5th?
I'm not sure, but it's better than just letting him go.

Also, a lot of analysts are saying that Freeman is faking the concussion because he doesn't want to play with the vikings and that he is possibly regretting his decision.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ans-concussion

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Also, a lot of analysts are saying that Freeman is faking the concussion because he doesn't want to play with the vikings and that he is possibly regretting his decision.

If that was true what NFL team would ever consider offering him a contract?
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

It could also be because the vikings are too stubborn to admit that they ****** up by putting him in too soon.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So . . . are there actually multiple analysts or is it just Harrison? Harrison is basically saying "I never stopped playing b/c of a concussion so it seems fake to me that anyone else would have a concussion."

I'm more inclined to think that nobody (player or team/staff) makes up a concussion. If that's wrong, I'd lean more towards it being a case of the staff realizing they pushed to quickly and this is an easy out.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

I do think Rodney Harrison is a bit of an idiot, but I also think that Freeman could've had a few really light symptoms and the team is being very cautious with him because of how he played Monday night.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I hate this feeling that I have...but If Frazier is not canned by week 8, I really don't feel like we are going to can him at the end of the season either. This is just a huge mess, this team is way too talented to be 1-5.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Depends on how much Allen gets paid. If he gets a big contract, the comp pick the following year would probably be better than anything we can get in trade this year.
Vikings4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

continued from the gameday thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Stewart or Priefer for interim coach, at least they'd show a little energy and act like they care.
I agree with you, Priefer as interim coach would be great. We really need to hire a coach like Harbaugh instead of these tier 2 coaches that we keep hiring. In my opinion, the last "great" coach that the vikings have hired was Denny Green. Even he wasn't the greatest coach we have had. whoever the vikings do hire after the season if they fire Frazier, needs to be from outside of the organization.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My short wish list...

Fire Fraizer/Musgrave.
Start Freeman the rest of the year, see if he has anything left.
Trade Jared Allen/Toby Gerhart/Kevin Williams/Ponder/Cassel. (doubt that happens)
Start our young players. Keep em on the field. Even if they struggle.(Floyd, Patterson, Rhodes, Mauti. etc).

Dont rush Harrison Smith back, make sure he is 100%.

The season is a wash. Might as well see what they have in there young players.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
RBPower26
Rookie

RBPower26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
My short wish list...

Fire Fraizer/Musgrave.
Start Freeman the rest of the year, see if he has anything left.
Trade Jared Allen/Toby Gerhart/Kevin Williams/Ponder/Cassel. (doubt that happens)
Start our young players. Keep em on the field. Even if they struggle.(Floyd, Patterson, Rhodes, Mauti. etc).

Dont rush Harrison Smith back, make sure he is 100%.

The season is a wash. Might as well see what they have in there young players.
I agree with firing both Fraizer and Musgrave...If it happens in season though I have a feeling that whoever the vikes promote to be interim will be leading the team next year and that scares me a little. I'd rather we go outside the organization, hopefully someone who can bring a little life here.

The only trade that I see as likely is Gerhart. If Allen doesn't perform we'll let someone else sign him and see if we can get a decent comp pick.

AND I STILL DON'T GET WHY WE AREN'T SEEING MORE OF PATTERSON!? Yeah he still needs to learn some of the details that come with being a NFL receiver (reading coverages, recognizing weak spots, route running, etc.) but really...is it that hard to run a go and catch the ball?...he obviously has the bubble screen and reverse down (since that is the only thing that happens when he steps on the field). It just boggles my mind that they don't think he is ready to run a couple deep routes a game to stretch the field.
RBPower26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Speilman has come out and said Frazier is safe through 2014. I was fine giving Speilman another shot with a new coaching staff but he clearly needs to go too. Fire them all.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frazier is a good coach and Spielman has done his job by bringing in quality talent. I think it'd be a mistake for the organization to start over with new guys in charge. Musgrave is a terrible play caller, and he clearly doesn't know how to utilize the weapons on offense. He's the individual who has to go.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote