Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 10-25-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 8 - Packers @ Vikings

Our second divisional game and the first of 4 in the next 6 games. It looks like Jones will be out again and of course Finley and Cobb as well, however I think the offense will have a big day against a porous Vikings D. Rodgers will use whoever is on the field to make plays, in order to do this he must be well protected and that means Bakhtiari vs Allen. Allen has had his way with our tackles in the past but I think if Bakhtiari can hold him to one sack we will do just fine. On the other side Barclay has looked pretty bad as of late so he better step up his game. I think our interior 3 can handle the vikings interior guys, Floyd might make a play or two.

Defensively I think our unit will take a lot of pride in stopping AP and playing the run tough like they have all year. He gouged us last year like a hot knife through butter but I think we will get the better of him this year. Make Ponder beat us, he played OK the last time but I think our secondary is getting dialed in and its about time for them to get some picks. Perry might be back which will help the pass rush tremendously and take some of the pressure off the rookies. Im sure we will see Mike Neal in the field much more this week too.

Rodgers 23-33 304yds 3 td
Lacy 18 carries 108yds 1 td
Nelson 8 rec 87yds

Ponder 23-40 230yds 1td 2 int
Peterson 19 carries 93yds 1td
Jennings 5rec 48yds

Packers 38 Vikings 17

cheers
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-I hate the Vikings 10x worse than the Bears.
-The Vikings always make this game their Super Bowl.
-Ponder has 1 win against us, if I am not mistaken, and has played well two times against us.
-I don't think THIS is the Adrian Peterson from last year.
-With Johnny Jolly, and the added DL depth, I am pretty confident he won't kill us again.... also I like Micah Hyde's ability to tackle Peterson a lot more than Burnett, MD, and McMillian, who I saw fail time and time again last year against AD.
-I want Jennings to be BLANKED.
-I read today our secondary only has 2 Ints all season. I want to double that this Sunday night, and Casey Hayward is my pick.

-Rodgers to Jordy. Read on PFF that that QB-WR combo is #1 in the NFL in passer rating, like 134 something. I have both in my FF and I wouldn't mind a pair of TD's to Jordy.
-I worry about the pass protection because the Vikings do have some guys who can get to the QB, especially in that **$#*&$ dome where A) they pipe fake loud noise in which makes our OTs a split second slow off the hike and gives the D edge rushers a bit of a head start and B) Barclay can be overmatched by Robison and Everson Griffin IIRC.

Who is our #3 WR? If Jordy or Boykin go down (and Boykin did last year in Minny), then someone has to step up, with no TE either.... the WR depth has gotten frighteningly thin.

Injuries. As I hate the Vikings, I also hate their stadium and turf. I've been to 5 Packer @ Viking games in the past and we went 0-5. NO I won't be there this week LOL.
But I also remember some torn ACLs there, from Worthy last year, to Nick Barnett, Will Blackmon, and Mark Tauscher. I hate that place. And we need a game or two or three with no serious injuries for once.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny **** here from Jimmy Fallon.
http://www.jrn.com/tmj4/green-bay-pa...229375891.html
Old 10-27-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worried about Allen vs Bak on that turf

Packers DL has been excellent vs the run all year and tomorrow should be their biggest test.

They should win, but these divisional games are always so frustrating, especially when the Pack are playing on the road vs them. I'll still say that they take care of business and win 28-17 or something along those lines

Hoping for a big game from Lacy tomorrow, and I'm excited to see Hayward finally get back on the field. Secondary misses his ball hawking skills. Very low INT totals for them so far this year
Old 10-27-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does this have to be on during the World Series game... bah!
Old 10-27-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Why does this have to be on during the World Series game... bah!
It's only game 4. There could be 3 more games.

However, the Packers should have 9 more regular season games and 3 or 4 more playoff games.

Which will be higher rated nationally?
Vikings or Cardinals?
Old 10-27-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

However, the Packers should have 9 more regular season games and 3 or 4 more playoff games.

Which will be higher rated nationally?
Vikings or Cardinals?
Football will get more viewers just because it's football, but many people will be tuning out by halftime.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Perry, Brad Jones and James Jones are all inactive. Didn't expect any of them to play anyway

Starks and Bush are back and Hayward makes his debut tonight
Old 10-27-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah but this is it for the Red Sox basically. I mean if the Packers were in the Superbowl I wouldn't be doing something else.

With that said I will be doing my best to catch what I can during the commercials.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Daniels is making a lot of impact on passing downs.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Daniels is doing what I was hoping to see last year from Worthy.

Love our Iowa boys...... wish Bulaga was still there playing...
Old 10-27-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Daniels is doing what I was hoping to see last year from Worthy.

Love our Iowa boys...... wish Bulaga was still there playing...
Bakhtiari is doing better on the left side than I think Bulaga would be...if he was healthy I think he'd be on the right side

Old 10-27-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Didn't like that hit to Rodgers back.... loved that run by Starks and good blocking wow.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Bakhtiari is doing better on the left side than I think Bulaga would be...if he was healthy I think he'd be on the right side
I think so too, despite the penalties.
Bulaga on the right side is right anyway.

Sherrod has (had?) the skillset for our bookend LEFT tackle....

I'd like a pick-6 here to blow this open, then get Seneca Wallace some action and rest Rodgers.... ice that back/ribs that he took a hard shot on.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Exactly what they got him for.

this rushing offense continues to do work
Old 10-27-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for letting the Vikings feel like they were still in it at halftime. That was swell of you.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Nice divisional win. Boykin made some great grabs today and Jordy was a beast

run game again with a big day. Only negatives were the kick return for TD and then the D going soft the last 2 series. Don't care what the score is, gotta finish the game strong. Gave up 2 easy TD drives to the Vikes there
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Thanks for letting the Vikings feel like they were still in it at halftime. That was swell of you.
I'm just glad they got up by about 14-17 early in the 3rd. Longer the score remained close, the more they would have seen AD

Vikes really should look to trade Allen. Would be a mistake if they don't do it IMO
Old 10-27-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Thoughts:

#1- Wow, walkoff pickoff in St Louis. That's just Wong there at 1st base. Atrocious.

#2- Thank God for Jordy. Throwing to Nelson, Rodgers was 7/8 for almost 150, and two touchdowns. He's his mister reliable right now missing J-Mike, Cobb, and Jones.

#3- Starks looked good. Lacy ran hard. The OL did a very good job all in all on the night, I'd give them a B+.

#4- Was it you PF28 who had reservations about the big $ paid to Burnett? He's soft... got run over totally, for 2 touchdowns tonight.
McMillian is awful although stronger.... MD Jennings is thin. I wonder if Sean Richardson will ever play. He's been cleared to return.

#5- Rodgers was sensational, but I do not like seeing him take such big hits on runs. That's going to catch up on him sooner or later.

#6- I love Micah Hyde. He's tough, and decisive on the returns.

#7- Greg Jennings.... how's one catch for 9 yards feel like in a loss? Where's that big-mouth sister to speak for you again? Your BS apology to Rodgers after the game doesn't fool us. Enjoy the airmails from Josh Freeman and whoever else wings it around next week and the week after.... take the money and run.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tonights game was a fun one to watch!

Only a couple of things that haven't been mentioned.

Lacy and Starks is a deadly combo. Both guys are big, Lacy is more patient, Starks is a poor mans A.P. - this should be fun to watch week in and week out.

D-Bak pretty well handled Allen all night. I think it is safe to say, he is our LT of the future. Bulaga at RT and our OL will be dominant (much like 49ers).

Outside of the personal foul, Datone Jones showed me that he belongs on the field. Its funny, every snap I watched of him and Mike Daniels; Datone got better initial push, but then it was Daniels who would just push his guy like a blocking sled. I think our DL is loaded for years to come (assuming we re-sign Raji).

Finally, while I love Cobb, Finley, and Jones, our offense seems to be more in sink; we are not scoring a touchdown in two minutes, and then the next drive, going three and out.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Good call, though obviously I want those weapons back. Seems that with the losses at WR/TE, they are changing things up and not constantly trying for the big play all the time...most likely because they are breaking in younger and inexperienced talent at WR. I'm quite enjoying these 13 play, 6 minute scoring drives. Really wears down a D and helps keep this D fresh. They had the ball for over 40 minutes, which means they kept Peterson off the field for most of the game.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably one of the most awesome wins I've witnessed. I know it was against a poor defense but when they run 42 times and throw 29 times and win by such a margin its such a thing of beauty. The packers just showed everyone who Eddy Lacy is and what the running game can do going forward. Rodgers was once again just money, sounded like he wasn't a huge fan of the game plan but bought in and helped put on a performance not seen by packers fans for awile. Great team victory, really liked how the offensive line got Rodgers into the endzone even though they spotted him at the 1/2. Shows their desire and willingness to fight for their QB. Loved it!!

and no major injuries that I could see........
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:53 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
#4- Was it you PF28 who had reservations about the big $ paid to Burnett? He's soft... got run over totally, for 2 touchdowns tonight.
McMillian is awful although stronger.... MD Jennings is thin. I wonder if Sean Richardson will ever play. He's been cleared to return.
I think a lot of people had reservations. Hard to deny that the communication in the defensive backfield has improved since he returned though. He isn't the first nor the last DB to get run over by AP.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Silver lining to all the injuries this team has every year is that it helps speed up the development of the young guys. Liked what I saw from Boykin last night
Old 10-28-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple thoughts from the game..

Offensively, this was the most complete and dominating game we've had since that Falcons playoff game during our Super Bowl run and I'd certainly argue this was the more impressive. There was nothing the Vikings could do to stop us; we looked like the 49ers out there running the ball. Mauling blocks, physical runs, simply imposing our will.

Lacy looks so fantastic. I also absolutely loved how psyched up he was when Starks got his TD; he looked more excited than Starks! I think you always worry a bit about WRs and RBs being a bit greedy so you've got to like seeing that.

This WR core needs Jones back, fast. I think Boykin is fine, he's big, physical, etc.. but this Myles White guy is not ready.

Defensively, saw some things I like. Lattimore is going to be hard to get off the field; I was thoroughly impressed by one play in particular where he got AD one on one with AD having started his burst and he took him down, no problem. That's not a play many people make.

But come on defense. You need to play like anything less than a shutout is unacceptable. I didn't see that fire today. I think they knew the offense had this and didn't play with intensity. I really want to see them out there playing HARD in the 4th quarter for once this season. When teams are trying to claw back in it, I want us to put our boot in their face. Where's that mentality??

Overall, have to like the direction this team is going. With the way the Hawks and Saints are playing our window for error if we want a bye is very small.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote