Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-27-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
You dont throw the ball when the other team has no TO's and a minute and a half to go and your up by 3. EVER. You run the clock which is what we were trying to do if not for a dumb penalty. Its coaching 101. What your suggesting is just dumb.
that works when you can run the ball but its pretty evident we can't run the clock or run at all. In that case you do what you do best.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
It seems they let him cut loose against Denver and he threw that pick and brought out all the criticism and since then they went conservative again.
We werent winning when he threw that pick. Its situational football. If you want to bit*h about the 1st half play calling or Romo not doing well, I get it but running the ball in that situation was 100% correct 100% of the time.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that works when you can run the ball but its pretty evident we can't run the clock or run at all. In that case you do what you do best.
This is going nowhere. We were running clock, picking up yards was to set up an easier FG. AGAIN, if we dont hold we win. You NEVER throw the ball in that situation.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 10-27-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Let's definitely not blame the guy who actually committed the penalty, definitely not. I think I get to use one of those fancy emoticons now......
no i won't given the circumstances in that play that caused him to hold. honestly, the refs can call holding on every play its just at their discretion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Isn't that the point I was making earlier? haha
no, you were acting like hamilton and heath are their regular starters
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We werent winning when he threw that pick. Its situational football. If you want to bit*h about the 1st half play calling or Romo not doing well, I get it but running the ball in that situation was 100% correct 100% of the time.
i personally was against them running the ball, but only b/c i would not under any circumstance want to give detroit the ball back. with the injuries on defense i wouldn't even want detroit to have .0001 seconds on the clock to work with. but thats me
Old 10-27-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is going nowhere. We were running clock, picking up yards was to set up an easier FG. AGAIN, if we dont hold we win. You NEVER throw the ball in that situation.
I have no problem running the ball. But coach has to call a running play that has low odds of penalties being committed. A straight ahead run, a QB sneak, a loss of a few yards wouldn't have hurt tremendously. Bailey has plenty leg for that distance. The TIME was the most critical thing.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have no problem running the ball. But coach has to call a running play that has low odds of penalties being committed. A straight ahead run, a QB sneak, a loss of a few yards wouldn't have hurt tremendously. Bailey has plenty leg for that distance. The TIME was the most critical thing.
I agree, and thats the play that was called. Tanner hit the hole then bounced it outside when nothing (again) was there. If he would have just kept grinding in the hole and went down after a yard or 2 the games over and there is no penalty. You cant throw an incompletion there though and its not like Romo was completing 60%+ of his passes. Have to run, just have to.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
i personally was against them running the ball, but only b/c i would not under any circumstance want to give detroit the ball back. with the injuries on defense i wouldn't even want detroit to have .0001 seconds on the clock to work with. but thats me
I guess your 100% sure we complete the pass then huh? An incompletion stops the clock and your giving them new life. Again, you cant predict a penalty is going to stop the clock. Detroit should have gotten the ball back with 25 or so seconds to go.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just Kneel.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Ray Lewis is on this team. His name is Dez Bryant.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...c-e5ff36364c25
Old 10-27-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ray Lewis is on this team. His name is Dez Bryant.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...c-e5ff36364c25
We are so lucky to have this guy.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just some general thoughts on the team after I sat down an composed my feelings after the game.

- This offense is completely to predictable. It is insane how often we run the ball on first down even if the defense stacks the box. Formation wise we continually run in tradition run formations but rarely attempt passes to give the defense a different look. This is especially puzzling considering we drafted Escobar to be a matchup nightmare from the TE position, not to mention having an all pro in Witten. Same goes when we give a spread look. Why not through in a draw or a sweep to make someone in the secondary come downhill and make a play.

- Garrett has preached limiting mistakes and live to fight another down but it is almost to the point limits the teams ability to make "game winning plays". When the game is on the line we go completely vanilla refusing to drop the hammer to seal the win. You know you defense is depleted, you know you have a chance to run the clock, and we see simple run after simple run. We get single coverage on the outside and we refuse to put pressure on the secondary but pushing the ball deep. The. We get into third and long situations wondering why the offense stalls.

- Yes the defense was able to get some turnovers (enough to win the game if it were managed right) but it was an ugly day. Monte decided to go back to Zone coverage to help defend Bush underneath but it put too much of a strain on the secondary. It was simple pitch and catch in twenty yard chunks for Stafford. We were lucky to be in the game as it should have been a route. Next man up is starting to catch up with the shelve become more and more empty. Effort is going to only going to get the D so far and then we will see more performances like this.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
I guess your 100% sure we complete the pass then huh? An incompletion stops the clock and your giving them new life. Again, you cant predict a penalty is going to stop the clock. Detroit should have gotten the ball back with 25 or so seconds to go.
doesn't matter to me, my position is this, over last 3 years when our defense is on the field to get a stop on the last position they usually fail. i would have like to see us be aggressive and go get a first down, in that situation you don't have to worry about how much time detroit will have b/c if you get a first down you can kneel the clock down to zero.

this is how i would've played it run the ball on first down except i would have used a full back and ran up the middle instead of sideways, that would probably get you 1 yard or so, detroit calls their second timeout. on second down i would have dez in the game ran a playaction fake and slant which would be wide open considering their going to be selling out against the run. that easy pitch and catch for first down and knowing dez he take that for td. if you get the first down detroit doens't have enough timeouts to stop the clock and you could kneel it out from there. game over
Old 10-27-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Just some general thoughts on the team after I sat down an composed my feelings after the game.

- This offense is completely to predictable. It is insane how often we run the ball on first down even if the defense stacks the box. Formation wise we continually run in tradition run formations but rarely attempt passes to give the defense a different look. This is especially puzzling considering we drafted Escobar to be a matchup nightmare from the TE position, not to mention having an all pro in Witten. Same goes when we give a spread look. Why not through in a draw or a sweep to make someone in the secondary come downhill and make a play.

- Garrett has preached limiting mistakes and live to fight another down but it is almost to the point limits the teams ability to make "game winning plays". When the game is on the line we go completely vanilla refusing to drop the hammer to seal the win. You know you defense is depleted, you know you have a chance to run the clock, and we see simple run after simple run. We get single coverage on the outside and we refuse to put pressure on the secondary but pushing the ball deep. The. We get into third and long situations wondering why the offense stalls.

- Yes the defense was able to get some turnovers (enough to win the game if it were managed right) but it was an ugly day. Monte decided to go back to Zone coverage to help defend Bush underneath but it put too much of a strain on the secondary. It was simple pitch and catch in twenty yard chunks for Stafford. We were lucky to be in the game as it should have been a route. Next man up is starting to catch up with the shelve become more and more empty. Effort is going to only going to get the D so far and then we will see more performances like this.
That's a pretty fair assessment. The lack of aggressive philosophy on offense is becoming especially annoying
Old 10-27-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
doesn't matter to me, my position is this, over last 3 years when our defense is on the field to get a stop on the last position they usually fail. i would have like to see us be aggressive and go get a first down, in that situation you don't have to worry about how much time detroit will have b/c if you get a first down you can kneel the clock down to zero.

this is how i would've played it run the ball on first down except i would have used a full back and ran up the middle instead of sideways, that would probably get you 1 yard or so, detroit calls their second timeout. on second down i would have dez in the game ran a playaction fake and slant which would be wide open considering their going to be selling out against the run. that easy pitch and catch for first down and knowing dez he take that for td. if you get the first down detroit doens't have enough timeouts to stop the clock and you could kneel it out from there. game over
Agree with you on this, it may not be conventional but this team is far too conventional anyway and that's why they can't win these types of games.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That's a pretty fair assessment. The lack of aggressive philosophy on offense is becoming especially annoying
They do amazingly well when they they are aggressive. It's when they try to slow down, they have no idea what to do with themselves.

CowboysBeastMode is right to think that we should've played to win the game and not settle. Pocket is also right to think that we should've ran out the clock and that we did the right thing. The problem with that is that what MOST teams effectively do in running out the clock, we have NO CLUE. W4HOF is right. The running concepts were predictable basic vanilla designs that every defense knows how to stop. That penalty was the killer. We can play hindsight till we're blue in the face.

What do we do to get better? Fire Callahan and show that we mean business.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
They do amazingly well when they they are aggressive. It's when they try to slow down, they have no idea what to do with themselves.

CowboysBeastMode is right to think that we should've played to win the game and not settle. Pocket is also right to think that we should've ran out the clock and that we did the right thing. The problem with that is that what MOST teams effectively do in running out the clock, we have NO CLUE. W4HOF is right. The running concepts were predictable basic vanilla designs that every defense knows how to stop. That penalty was the killer. We can play hindsight till we're blue in the face.

What do we do to get better? Fire Callahan and show that we mean business.
I don't know that's a good question. And you're right we can discuss this one in retrospect for weeks. I would fire him or at least let him know what adjustments need to be made but ultimately we know we have no say. Its just a game and we're just fans. I been with this team since the mid eighties, through the highs and lows. I have to admit these past 5 or 6 years have been among the most frustrating I can remember.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

If we look beyond the end of game failures, it might be more important to note that off 4 turnovers, the offense could only generate 10 points. This is the exact reason why throughout the game there was hardly any confidence that we'd pull this off.

We HAVE TO capitalize off those game changers.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:48 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
If we look beyond the end of game failures, it might be more important to note that off 4 turnovers, the offense could only generate 10 points. This is the exact reason why throughout the game there was hardly any confidence that we'd pull this off.

even worse stat, after each turnover we managed a grand total of zero first downs on the drives after the turnovers
Old 10-28-2013, 03:26 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still can't believe it.
Anyway I don't second-guess the final running play. We had to run the ball to chunk up time and also give us a chance for an easier FG. I really can't blame the coaches for that. The problem is that our OL committed its FIRST penalty on that play: that's something you can't predict and something that you can't coach. Why the hell do you hold? It's on Tyron, not on Garrett: you must be pretty damn dumb to hold on that play.

But anyway our offense was awful for 3 quarters and that's what lost us the game. The defense was torched through the air, but still got 4 crucial turnovers. And that's why I like this defense and I hate last year's one: turnovers are so important. I think we should play more aggressive on offense even if it means turning the ball over a little more.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is especially important to note when we still have games against NO and GB that we are going to need to score a ton to even be in the game. Facing the Skins in Washington is going to be another tough game at the end of the season.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:15 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the final run comes down to maturity. A smart and educated runner would have known the importance of chewing up the clock and not trying to bounce it out.

That type of maturity and education comes with experience. It's the type of play Westbrook pulled on us a few years ago when he broke it long and stopped at the 2 yard line to stop us from getting the ball back.

Giving up 488 yards through the air is not acceptable. Is that 4 or 5 times we have done that so far this year. At this pace. Brees will put up 600 yards... Only if he's still in the game in the 4th quarter.

Ware needs to be back on the field badly. We need to commit to Man coverage and rely on our LBer's who we have faith in to cover the RB's and underneath receivers we will face. Changing our coverage to face certain teams hasn't worked so far.(and I'm surprised Monte doesn't have enough faith in his system to play with it against everyone regardless of opponent.)

Can you believe that is the first game since 09 that Romo has completed less then 50% of his passes.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 19m
Opponents' total yards in the Cowboys' last three losses: 506, 517, 623. The 623 shattered the franchise record.
So whats next? Clearly hiring Kiffen was a mistake. Maybe we could promote Rod but who knows if he would want to stay if we fire his buddy.

Im so tired of being the laughingstock of the league. I doubt there is another team in the NFL that could have lost that game the way we did. The sad thing is its EVERY year. New England, Baltimore, Detroit twice, in the last 3 years we've lost 11 games by 3 points or less. We cant get out of our own way.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is something dysfunctional with our offense, well with Romo that never seems to be addressed. He lets defenses' take away our best player too many times and way too easy. If we ever did have a crucial drive that was a late 4th quarter, big time drive, Dez would never get the ball because the defense would be paying him too much attention. I've never seen this happen with teams with their best weapons, regardless of what the defense is.

Why do we think on 3rd downs that throwing out routes to Dwayne Harris 3 yards short of the 1st down or forcing the ball to Williams with tight 1 on 1 coverage is a better play then Dez or Witten in double coverage? All nonsense on the sideline aside, I think it's insane we threw at him 6 times and yet it turned into 2 TD's. What is the point of us having that type of weapon, the type of guy who can turn touches into TD's at such a high clip if we aren't going to use them? So he can take away defenses all game?

It's absolutely moronic, we just aren't that good of a team all over the place to be ignoring it. Somehow, when I watch the Bears, or Cincy, or Houston, they manage to run their offense through their #1 WR all game long, always have. What elite CB's does Detroit have that would discourage throwing the ball outside that much? I get protection, but there were a lot of quick slant opportunities that Calvin got that we never attempted.

I don't know if he was caught up into the whole vs Calvin thing, maybe he was, but so the **** what? He was in a zone obviously, feed him the ball. And I'm sick of everytime we have a lead and the game is almost over, out offense is GUARANTEED to come out and get stuffed 3 times and punt as quickly as possible. Why not change it up and be aggressive for once? Putting our tail between our legs with the lead doesn't work either, but we keep trying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo doesn't "throw guys open".

What I mean by that is, even when a mismatch is covered, he's still open if you throw it to them a certain way. You put it where he can get it and no one else and you trust him to make a play on the ball.

Romo doesn't make these throws. You have to be open for him to throw it to you.

Dez is a beast. And I'm of the belief he can be just as dominant as Calvin. Sometimes when you think he's covered he's still open. Let him make a play on the ball.

And I think that's what frustrates Dez.

I don't want to come across as a guy who's just saying this bc the Cowboys have lost, bc I have said this in the past as well, so please excuse me for using this time to bring it up again.

I'm not trying to cause trouble by bringing it up, I just feel that it's a legitimate critique of his game.