Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-29-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really worried about our OL without Waters. Hopefully, he made enough of an impact to jump start TF's career and get Free back on the right start. I'm having nightmares of Bernadeau starting once again.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't know if anyone caught NFL primetime tonight but they asked the exact same question. Why we didn't change up anything with Calvin. They showed the Cardinals game where Detroit scored 10 points and it was vice coverage, with 2 players jamming him at the line of scrimmage, literally every time. The Saints did it against him, Panthers, it's the Tony Gonzalez treatment, just all over the field.

Where is our adjustment like that? We let Calvin Johnson rack up 150 at halftime, then come out for 2 more quarters and put 1 CB off of him 8 yards everytime. Let that sink in. We didn't do a single thing differently. If you can't make those types of adjustments those are signs of being a HORRIBLE coordinator.
That is what is so damn disheartening about the defense. I know that Megatron was going to go off because of who he is, but they didn't make any adjustments at all to limit the pain. I know he's a big ****** that can run like the wind, but that doesn't mean that they should just give up on trying to stop the guy. I like Kiffin a ton. I've been a fan since he was in Tampa, but he's really got to start adjusting better. On one hand the defense getting turnovers is a really big deal, but they're giving up way too much yardage in the process.

With the speed and talent on this team it shouldn't be like that. You've got the potential to have one of the best linebacker units in the league. The corners have ability as well. The D-line is really hurting, but even then that shouldn't keep Kiffin from not adjusting properly. Maybe the game really has passed him by. I do wonder how much influence Marinelli is going to get as the games go on because his coordinator work in Chicago was pretty damn excellent and more recent than Kiffin. I don't want to give up on Kiffin just yet, but it's clear he's got to start making better adjustments.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wish we would pull off a trade. Any rumors?
Old 10-29-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm really worried about our OL without Waters. Hopefully, he made enough of an impact to jump start TF's career and get Free back on the right start. I'm having nightmares of Bernadeau starting once again.
Yeah, I'm concerned too, although he was probably playing his final season, he came out for us and was still an effective, experienced all pro, thats not going to be replaced. Here we go getting pushed around again up front. Hopefully Frederick can stand his ground.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wish we would pull off a trade. Any rumors?
Rumors yeah, but none of it is substantiated, Jared Allen, Darren McFadden..but JJ said it doesn't look like any trades will get made.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Love you Key!

Did you hear his stat? Dez has been targeted only 6 times in the 4th quarter... in 8 games. I hate you Tony Romo.

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-29-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:

Love you Key!

Did you hear his stat? Dez has been targeted only 6 times in the 4th quarter... in 8 games. I hate you Tony Romo.
Cmon!! Someone needs to be fired for that alone!!! lol

Dez is writing a book it's called "Now I know how Key felt"
Old 10-29-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

It sounds like a joke, but I bet Mike Martz would be an amazing OC here.

I also like Baylor HC, Art Briles (who's daughter works for the Cowboys) and Jimbo Fisher, but I doubt he ever left FSU. Always loved Bob Stoops.

I'm so wide open to options now it ain't even funny.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
It sounds like a joke, but I bet Mike Martz would be an amazing OC here.

I also like Baylor HC, Art Briles (who's daughter works for the Cowboys) and Jimbo Fisher, but I doubt he ever left FSU. Always loved Bob Stoops.

I'm so wide open to options now it ain't even funny.
I like this guy

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ys-list/page/3

But we need guys who can step in right now.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Just bring in Gruden and lets show Garrett the door. He'll get things right.

It's nothing personal I don't hate Garrett or Callahan, I like Garrett the person.
I remember the thanksgiving day game when he played and beat the pack. It was great an all, but you need to be more than just a guy the organization likes..he's a high school coach.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
But what more do you want from the guy? What he's doing is obviously working, bc the only 3 teams who are scoring more points than the Cowboys are the Broncos, Packers, and Chicago (skewed bc of defensive touchdowns).

So really, the only 2 teams scoring more points on offense than the Cowboys are bought more talented. So it's not like he's taking your unit and doing poorly with it.

I understand preferring one method to another, but at the end of the day, the guy is doing very well with your offense. I don't see why he should be fired at all.
Their argument is our Gilbride argument. You all of all people should understand. Yes we're always top 10 in offense but we all dislike Gilbride.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Their argument is our Gilbride argument. You all of all people should understand. Yes we're always top 10 in offense but we all dislike Gilbride.
We've had Gilbride for awhile now though. I haven't killed Gilbride for the past couple of years until this year. I've actually been more supportive of him than critical the past couple of years.

This year is a different story, but I haven't always been critical of the guy.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We've had Gilbride for awhile now though. I haven't killed Gilbride for the past couple of years until this year. I've actually been more supportive of him than critical the past couple of years.

This year is a different story, but I haven't always been critical of the guy.
Yeah but that's only because we won the SB our first year with him. Imagine we had a top 10 offense every year without the SB but with all the turnover's and everything else that comes with our system. You'd have been all over him even if statistically we looked good. I'm not singling you out either because I would be also. Heck NYG still hates him with both SB's!

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 10-29-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah but that's only because we won the SB our first year with him. Imagine we had a top 10 offense every year without the SB but will all the turnover's and everything else that comes with our system. You'd have been all over him even if statistically we looked good. I'm not singline you out either because I would be also. Heck NYG still hates him with both SB's!
That's true. The SBs probably softened my stance on him. This is Callahan's first year though, and he has a top 3 scoring offense in the league (at least according to espn's stats). Isn't it a little too soon to want to hang the guy?
Old 10-29-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
That's true. The SBs probably softened my stance on him. This is Callahan's first year though, and he has a top 3 scoring offense in the league (at least according to espn's stats). Isn't it a little too soon to want to hang the guy?

Yes it is a little premature but ultimately I do understand where they are coming from.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I got an idea for Dez Bryant's nickname.

Optimus Prime.

LOL isn't that so awesome? He and Megatron are the future of this league at WR. It would only be fitting for him to be nicknamed after Prime.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
I got an idea for Dez Bryant's nickname.

Optimus Prime.

LOL isn't that so awesome? He and Megatron are the future of this league at WR. It would only be fitting for him to be nicknamed after Prime.
But he already is the X factor..lol

Old 10-29-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

What we really need him to be is the guy they throw the ball to!!!

10 to 15 times a game would be nice.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. It would be nice if they used Dez the way teams with top notch talent do by having a plan to get their guy at least "X" amount of touches per game. Since he's no longer running punts back they should really try to force the ball to him to let him take over games like he could. I'm not saying that they should ignore Witten, Beastley, Williams, or whoever, but they really got to get better at giving the ball to their number 1 guy who has all-world ability.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Yeah. It would be nice if they used Dez the way teams with top notch talent do by having a plan to get their guy at least "X" amount of touches per game. Since he's no longer running punts back they should really try to force the ball to him to let him take over games like he could. I'm not saying that they should ignore Witten, Beastley, Williams, or whoever, but they really got to get better at giving the ball to their number 1 guy who has all-world ability.
Amen. Even if they lost but they did this, I could live with it.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

One last thing on the Detroit game, I like this article about the Dez Bryant sideline stuff--
Brian Billick has been commenting about it since he did the broadcast and the crux of the issue for me is the point in the article where the writer says,

"I can't explain how Billick could call out Bryant for his antics when the dude coached Ray F@#$% Lewis."

I couldn't agree more, Brian you coached the most egomaniacal defensive player to ever play the game..are you serious??!!!

The writer than goes on to inject a racial criticism to Billicks remarks to which you may or may not agree with.
http://dtate.kinja.com/dez-bryant-ha...06073/@Tom_Ley

But thats it for me on the last game. It's time to talk about the vikes.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

It's kinda funny how they keep talking about making the defense simpler when it's the offense that needs to be simplified a bit. They seem like they have all of these concepts, but they still don't have answers for the most basic questions such as, "How do you get Dez the ball," or "What do we have that gets us 3 yards on 3rd and 2 damn near every time?" Callahan is taking a lot of heat, but this is something that's been going on for a while. I think they need to go back to the days in the 90's where it doesn't matter if they knew what you're doing because they can't stop it. They have the players to do it, but they keep outsmarting themselves.

Meanwhile the defense needs to be more complex. They keep harping on simplicity, but I think the main problem is that they're not showing looks that confuse offenses. Good defenses have a tendency to make the QB and line scratch their head because you really can't tell what's going to happen. The Cowboys have a lot of speed, but I feel like it's not being generated into something that makes a QB think, "What the hell is Bruce Carter doing over there this time?" The pieces are there, but they got to make the most of it.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's kinda funny how they keep talking about making the defense simpler when it's the offense that needs to be simplified a bit. They seem like they have all of these concepts, but they still don't have answers for the most basic questions such as, "How do you get Dez the ball," or "What do we have that gets us 3 yards on 3rd and 2 damn near every time?" Callahan is taking a lot of heat, but this is something that's been going on for a while. I think they need to go back to the days in the 90's where it doesn't matter if they knew what you're doing because they can't stop it. They have the players to do it, but they keep outsmarting themselves.

Meanwhile the defense needs to be more complex. They keep harping on simplicity, but I think the main problem is that they're not showing looks that confuse offenses. Good defenses have a tendency to make the QB and line scratch their head because you really can't tell what's going to happen. The Cowboys have a lot of speed, but I feel like it's not being generated into something that makes a QB think, "What the hell is Bruce Carter doing over there this time?" The pieces are there, but they got to make the most of it.
Lol no we dont. There is no Emmitt, There is no Moose, and this line is NOWHERE as good as that 90's team O-line. When people know what we are going to do we get stopped.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Amen. Even if they lost but they did this, I could live with it.
No you couldnt lol

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:

I'm glad you bought up the 90's and thats something I was thinking about recently, they had certain things they did and did so well, it didn't matter if you knew it was coming. That comes with trusting the playmakers around you.
As a QB Aikman had routes with Irvin that were just pitch and catch, perfect accuracy and timing and it didn't matter if he was doubled or had the best corner in the league on him and we need that kind of reliability in the passing game.
Just plays that are routinely gonna work -when you have a 3rd and 5 the slant especially when if done right, really can't be defended. The deep post which we don't seem to use. Much more crossing routes.

So yeah, along with opening it up and getting more aggressive with the deep ball also employing more of these routes.