Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-02-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Nexus 5 is a disgustingly good value. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought it. As I said earlier in the thread, I almost didn't. The lack of a removable battery and expandable storage is a hill that something usually dies on for me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nexus 5 not being on AT&T sucks, so what phone should I get now

Note III
G2
HTC One
Moto X
Galaxy S4

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/dev...artphones.html

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Note III
G2
HTC One
Moto X
Galaxy S4

Why do you have to stay with ATT? Are you locked into unlimited?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Note III
G2
HTC One
Moto X
Galaxy S4

I'm pretty happy with my Moto X. Camera updates made the videos i take with this better than videos with my iphone 4s. Hardware isn't top of the line but there are 8 cores that each handle their own things. Haven't noticed any unresponsiveness yet.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Note III
G2
HTC One
Moto X
Galaxy S4

Everything I've read says that the Nexus 5 is compatible with AT&T, they're just not selling it. Are you looking for a contract discount?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Why do you have to stay with ATT? Are you locked into unlimited?
I'm on a family plan with AT&T only costs me $40 a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Everything I've read says that the Nexus 5 is compatible with AT&T, they're just not selling it. Are you looking for a contract discount?
ya I just figured why get a Nexus 5 for $350 if I could get a Note III or save money and get basically the same phone with the G2, HTC One or Moto X

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I'm pretty happy with my Moto X. Camera updates made the videos i take with this better than videos with my iphone 4s. Hardware isn't top of the line but there are 8 cores that each handle their own things. Haven't noticed any unresponsiveness yet.
how is the camera in general

Last edited by fenikz : 11-03-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is LG calling their phone G2 when HTC had a G2?

Also, is there a beast camera app? My S4s camera takes forever to take a shot

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting home from deployment soooonnnnnn...
With that said, after reading up on the Nexus 5 and Kit Kat... I think I'm going to buy it.
I currently have the LG Optimus G and looovvvveeeee iitttttt...
but I want something new and shiny and damnit, I deserve it.
Thinking about upgrading my Nexus 7 as well but that won't be until probably early next year.
Don't want to splurge all at one time.

I'll keep the LGOG though and root it... play with new roms and all that stuff.
I'm still pretty new at that stuff so I hesitate to play when it's my main phone.
Now that it'll be my backup phone, I'll go all out...
Might have to wait though since the wife is an expert at finding new ways to **** up her phone.
She's run through all my back up phones... and now needs another new one.
I think I'll stick with eBay for her... since getting her the new hotness will only result in me pulling my hair out.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

pretty much settled on a G2 will probably root it right away

Old 11-04-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minutes away from ordering a case finally for my Note 3 but can't decide. The Spigen Neo Hybrid is pretty awesome but has no stand which is what I want but most of them are a lot bulkier. I need to Google a few more today with stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just bought the Spigen Neo Hybrid on Amazon yesterday LL.

Glad to see someone else had a similar train of thought.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently, I had to be there to sign for my Nexus 5. Didn't realize. Don't usually have to sign for packages delivered to my place, even expensive ones. My girlfriend will be home tomorrow though, so hopefully that goes alright.

Disappointing to say the least though. I has a major sad.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-04-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had the same thing happen to me. I even specifically checked an option to not have to sign but with a high value item they just don't want to risk it.

FedEx was actually cool enough to come back around later in the day to deliver it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I had the same thing happen to me. I even specifically checked an option to not have to sign but with a high value item they just don't want to risk it.

FedEx was actually cool enough to come back around later in the day to deliver it.
Yeah, it was weird. Didn't see anything on the UPS tracking page or the Google Play order page that indicated I needed to be there to sign. Could have made arrangements otherwise. I've had packages in excess of $500 left on my doorstep no problem before. Set back house in a totally non-sketchy neighborhood.

Probably could have called, but I don't think I saw the missed delivery in time.

...but yeah, new phone tomorrow. I suppose I still had to go grab a SIM card that would fit it from T-Mobile anyway, but boo UPS.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-04-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is one of the major benefits of living in a highrise that signs for all your packages. That and the pool of course.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
That is one of the major benefits of living in a highrise that signs for all your packages. That and the pool of course.
Gtdamn you! I want your job!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-04-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
we're not all rich and have high paying government jobs like you, damix.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't work for the government!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

the government works for him

Old 11-04-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Turns out the UPS guy didn't deliver my package because "the dog was barking".

The dog was inside.

So I'm pretty pleased about that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-07-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

C'mon EE...update!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-07-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its going to be a great phone... I am not sure what you are looking for beyond the Kit Kat info.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I like to see what people have to say from their own personal experiences.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-07-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pardon my stupidity but could someone give me a link for a first time rooter(s4) i am really sick of the at&t and samsung extra bullsht, every root link i google is different
Old 11-07-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
C'mon EE...update!!
It arrived haha. Sorry, I have a lot going on this week. It actually kind of takes something out of the excitement of a new phone even, which is a shame.

...but really, it's a fantastic device.

I ordered the 16GB Black version, which has a very nice finish and feels like a very expensive device. There's a nice soft touch thing going on in the back that really makes it nice to hold. I sort of don't like the sharp corners on the end though. I'm sure other phones have this issue too, but it just makes it a little bit harder to hold than I would like. Got used to it pretty quickly though.

The screen is absolutely gorgeous compared to the 400x800 screen I'm used to. IPS is great too. Really good color separation and depth compared to other display technologies. The best part about it is that there's basically zero bezel. There's a ton of screen real estate on the edges and it really doesn't drive up the overall size of the device as much as it should.

It's about what the specs suggest from a performance perspective. The thing absolutely flies. There's zero absolutely nothing you can throw at it that induces any sort of chugging. Kit Kat promised a bit boost there and they really delivered. Interestingly enough, if you drive the phone into Developer Mode, you can try out the experimental run-time Google is working on that will eventually replace Davlik. It's tough to tell how much a difference it makes, but it has potentially massive performance and stability gains down the road. I'm kind of one of those guys who is the first in line to test any sort of beta software out, so I decided to give it a try almost right away. Haven't noticed any sort of instability thus far and things seem to be running smoothly. I would be lying to you if I said I can tell it's faster for sure though. Some of that may just be that it's such a beastly device in and of itself that it sort of obscured some of that...but that's a damn good problem to have from my perspective.

So yeah, really fantastic device. KitKat had a bit of a learning curve for me, but I've pretty much got it down now. The integration and execution of Google Now is super awesome. Searching with voice is easy, intuitive, and accurate.

R.I.P. Junior Seau