Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 10-22-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way I can see Grigson making a trade is for it to happen immediately. As in today or tomorrow so they can get the guy here and learning the playbook all of this week and next week and ready to start after the bye. Such a move would say to me that the team is ready to go to the SB, and anything less is a failure.

Too bad the 9ers don't have any worthwhile receivers they would trade. They're the only offense remotely similar to ours in the league.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What predictions do you guys have on how the offense will run without Reggie with the guys we have right now?

Do you guys think we are close to as good of a team?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty hard to replace Wayne. There are several ways to try to scheme around it, whether that's to involve Hilton more, or run more, or use TEs differently, I don't know. I think we'll have a better idea once the team adds a receiver to the roster.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-22-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I would feature RBs in the passing game more. Havili got a nice TD, but he is there with the I-formation which isn't my favorite.

Unfortunately, Fleener will have to be more involved. I'm not sure he is ready for that.

But I fully expect even more I-formations.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts should still be a contending team.

It's a big loss, but there is still plenty of talent on this roster. Several guys can step up and be more productive, on both sides of the ball.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Hilton and Luck absolutely have to get on the same page with each other. I think TY can supplement a lot of Wayne's production if they can get their timing down.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-03-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow this offense is really missing Reggie, we really need to get a receiver who can catch this off season. Also some OL who can block would be nice as well.
pattonsc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

OMG this game is going to kill my heart.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-03-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Griff has looked decent tonight and might be serviceable in the immediate future. DHB is terrible and I hope we aren't entertaining the idea of resigning him. Haven't seen much of Brazil. TY is a star in the making.

Wish we could get a guy like Mike Evans in the draft but unless we trade up, that won't happen.
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

We Win We Win We Win Omg

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-03-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Great comeback.

- Pretty lucky that Texans kicker is awful.
- Whalen dropped some passes. I don't think he is the answer at slot.
- TY is a star in the making.
- Fleener with nice catch. Who knew? Keep it up. We need it.
- Nice adjustments at half-time. Max protection worked. Maybe we should implement it full-time. OL needs to be addressed in the off-season.
- Front-7 played much better in the 2nd half. Still a mediocre game overall by the D. They allowed too many big plays.
- I hope Kubiak is ok.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Great comeback.

- Pretty lucky that Texans kicker is awful.
- Whalen dropped some passes. I don't think he is the answer at slot.
- TY is a star in the making.
- Fleener with nice catch. Who knew? Keep it up. We need it.
- Nice adjustments at half-time. Max protection worked. Maybe we should implement it full-time. OL needs to be addressed in the off-season.
- Front-7 played much better in the 2nd half. Still a mediocre game overall by the D. They allowed too many big plays.
- I hope Kubiak is ok.
Agree on all counts. To add:

- Luck was rattled by all the pressure and played pretty bad at times. Glad he shrugged it off.
- TRich looked pretty good in space. That catch-and-run on the last scoring drive was excellent, great burst (Brown would've dropped that ball). MAYBE WE SHOULD PUT HIM IN THAT POSITION MORE OFTEN. HAMILTON.
- DHB sucks. He offers little other than downfield blocking and the occasional catch when the ball isn't contested.
- Satele and McGlynn STILL suck in the middle. Why don't they go back to McGlynn at center and either Linkenbach or Reitz at guard? Luck's crap play in the middle of the game is absolutely the fault of those two asshats, they can't block and were letting Luck get killed. What is wrong with our coaching staff?
- The team looked incredibly unprepared. Made some good adjustments but what did they do with those two weeks off? They really didn't deserve to win.
- The refs SERIOUSLY screwed us on the roughing the kicker no-call and in reversing the fumble recovery. They made up for it with the overturn of Johnson's reception in the 2nd half. But still. The refs were terrible. Missed tons of holding/face masking on Mathis.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-04-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I really think Pep should incorporate more screen passes into the game-plan.

With an absence of a reliable route runner and with mediocre O-Line, teams will blitz us often. Screen passes can at least keep them honest.

Not to mention guys like Hilton, T-Rich, Brown and DHB are all very dangerous in space.

If you can catch a team on an all-out blitz with a WR screen to Hilton, where TY just has to make one guy miss, he might go all the way untouched.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe we are 6-2. I know we are due for at least one more blip in our schedule but not to far off to think we could be 13-3 and have home field advantage. Just let Luck throw the ball he will find a way to win eventually. Wish we had that 1st round pick to invest in a lineman...

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Or WR.

We'll need to replace DHB.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or WR.

We'll need to replace DHB.
I don't get why people keep placing such a high need on wide out. If Hilton and Fleener become consistent we have some really good pass catchers along with Allen when he comes back however our o-line is void of talent outside of Castonzo. Not to mention our defense doesn't have a ton of talent. Love to see what pagano could do with some real talented guys.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have Castonzo, we just signed Thomas & Cherilus as FAs, and drafted a center & guard last year. Give the young guys a full off-season before you write 'em off and use early draft picks on OL.

We need to figure out WR (don't need a star, but a guy who can beat single coverage), replacing Redding (or is that Montori Hughes?), & Mathis.

Last edited by falloutboy14 : 11-04-2013 at 11:46 PM.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:24 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

This is my post from the "Team Needs" thread.

Quote:
Maybe a bit early and free agency could be a factor, but I'll give it a try for the Colts:

1. OG - Hugh Thornton is showing some signs, but it's a little early to tell if he is a long-term solution, and even if he is, there is still the other spot.
2. OC - It's no secret that Colts' interior O-Line is among the worst in the NFL. They drafted Khaled Holmes, but again, it's uncertain whether or not he is a long-term solution.
3. DE - Cory Redding is still a good player, but he is already 32 and Colts' other options are all just average platoon guys.
4. WR - Reggie Wayne was still putting up elite numbers before the knee injury. We'll see how a 34-year-old WR will come back. TY Hilton looks like a future stud. Still they could use another talented vertical weapon.
5. OLB - In 3-4 you can never have enough OLBs. Robert Mathis is still going strong at 32 and they drafted Bjorn Werner in the 1st round, but more is needed here imo.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This is my post from the "Team Needs" thread.
I can agree with all that.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I think once we get a center we are set for OL starters. Thornton will be fine, he's had some good games and some bad games but he is a rookie and has to play next to Satele. A starting OL of Castonzo\Thomas\Alex Mack?\Thornton\Cherilus looks pretty good IMO. We do need depth players though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-06-2013, 02:00 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I would like to see a WR drafted. What you just outlined looks very solid killxswitch. I would love to get either of the LSU WRs in the draft.

The next need I see is DE and OLB.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I honestly have not started paying attention to college football and draft prospects yet. Who are the WRs I should start watching for? Not saying WR is the only way to go, but there are none in FA that I am terrible excited about in 2014, and I expect Reggie's days of 80+ catch, 1000+ yard seasons are over. I expect him to be back, but more in a WR2 or 3 capacity.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-06-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

As a Penn State fan, I love Allen Robinson.

There is a difference of opinion where he would go. I think there is a chance he might fall to 2nd round.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Can any of you remember a worse game than this pathetic showing? I can't think of one.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-10-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

It is what it is.

They just need to learn from it and move on.