Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2013, 03:51 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FWIW, I heard rumors quite a few years ago that basically said that Greg's wife wasn't happy in Green Bay. This was back during his first contract, and the story was that it would be difficult to sign him to a second contract.

It's unfortunate that he's burned some bridges in the past year, but I think this is a family situation that's been brewing for a long time.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
FWIW, I heard rumors quite a few years ago that basically said that Greg's wife wasn't happy in Green Bay. This was back during his first contract, and the story was that it would be difficult to sign him to a second contract.

It's unfortunate that he's burned some bridges in the past year, but I think this is a family situation that's been brewing for a long time.
As someone with a wife, I can understand that.
Unhappy wife = problems at home.
Happy wife = better times at home.

But if that was the case, Greg still should have handled it a lot better, classier.
He gets an "F" in that area and for that, I am thrilled to see him have 1 catch - 9 yard games and lose week after week.... on the team I hate. Utopia for me :o)

Meanwhile, we plug in guys in his vacant shoes, and we're rolling along as always, with the QB he dis'd and his fat-mouthed sister really ripped.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
How does someone chip their heel?
That's a great question, and I think one only a Green Bay Packer & trainer could answer.

A hammer missing it's target perhaps?
Old 11-02-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Derek Sherrod is 22 months removed from emergency surgery to repair a broken tibia and fibula in his right leg.

"He seems to be moving fine," said defensive end B.J. Raji. "It's funny. Every time I see him out there I get nervous because of what happened. I'm always saying, 'Stay away from his legs.'"

Defensive end Datone Jones went nose-to-nose against Sherrod for the first time.

"He's a real finesse guy," Jones said. "He's really good with his feet. Really quick. He's actually stronger than I thought he was. I think he's really good.

"His power's there. I feel like he could go if they really threw him out there. Right now it's just him actually getting a feel for the game again. You come off a break, you pretty much have to trick your mind. It's about pushing through it."
Sounds like it will be 2014.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Sounds like it will be 2014.
Not saying that they won't wait until 2014 but I don't know how you read this quote and make that definitive leap.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Not saying that they won't wait until 2014 but I don't know how you read this quote and make that definitive leap.
I read more than that quote.

As it stands now, the other guys are healthy.
It would be risky to demote someone who's healthy and has been there consistently, for a guy who hasn't played in 2 years.

It's a numbers game. Only so many to go around.
Worthy going to find that out too as we have good depth there.
Plus he never did anything last year either. These guys all this year are doing more. No space for him.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Lawrence Guy with a big first half for the Chargers today... he's blocked a FG and blocked a pass by RG3 that was then caught for an INT in the end zone for a Chargers TD.

Even the guys who can't make the team here are doing okay out there.
Teddy Thompson en fuego.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In celebration of the Packers/Bears rivalry, I give you...

Quote:
But here’s the thing about that touchdown that nobody knows:
I was under the influence of cocaine when I scored.

I had gone into the bathroom at halftime and, while the coaches and players were preparing for the second half, I snorted coke. I don’t know if it would be accurate to say I was high when I scored that touchdown two hours later, but I definitely was under the influence.

It’s not something I’m proud to admit. But it happened and to tell the story of my touchdown without including the part about the cocaine would not be an honest account.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/130233773.html
Old 11-05-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This really ******* sucks
Old 11-05-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Mother F***** injury God strikes us again.
More than any other team all the time.
BOTH starting OLBs which is why no pressure tonight, or turnovers.
BOTH starting OTs.....

Now the Franchise.

But I pin this one 80% on the schitty defense that made career backup McNown look like Andrew Luck, and made Forte look like Adrian Peterson. Forte had always been bottled up by us before.
And the other 20% I pin on whoever, TT or MM, was so stubborn when we could have had Flynn a month ago. Flynn HAD SHOWN ON THE FIELD with the Packers, IN REAL GAMES, that he could produce in this offense.

Wallace was all a gamble.

There's a huge difference between what we have now at 5-3 and had we won to go 6-2.
A QB like Flynn who had played and produced some in this offense probably would have done enough.... Seneca sucked ballass.

I'm sickened.

Plus I led in my FF by 13 points heading into this game and I had Rodgers & Jordy and my opponent had Forte.
Yeah that's right, miracle loss by 2... instead of being in 2nd place now a 1/2 game out, I am now in about 4th or 5th place and done with no Rodgers. I knew I was a jinx.... no more Packers for me. Only 49ers & Seahawks.
WCH
All-Pro

McGinn published this article just a few days ago:

Packers could win without Aaron Rodgers

Quote:
They've never had to make do without possibly the finest player in the league. Losing Rodgers to major injury would be the nightmare of all nightmares. He makes everyone's job easier.

Yet, no organization would be better equipped to handle it than Green Bay.

Fools will cry that I'm jinxing Rodgers and the Packers by writing about this.

What I'm doing is taking a close look at the disaster plan that the Packers have rehearsed countless times behind closed doors. Lack of preparation is inexcusable, and these people didn't play the second half of the 45th Super Bowl without eight starters and still win by being unprepared.

Injury is the grimmest fact of life in the NFL. The Packers have been immune at quarterback for 21 years, but it doesn't represent the unthinkable for them. They're paid not just to meet catastrophe, but to conquer it.

Having spent much of the week researching the long career of No. 2 quarterback Seneca Wallace and the brief career of practice-squad quarterback Scott Tolzien, the guess here is that even if the Packers were to lose Rodgers early Monday night against the Chicago Bears they'd find ways to finish 11-5.
Bad timing, eh?

This sucks.
J-Mike88
All-Pro

BTW I heard at halftime it was a broken left collar bone.
Time missed is TBD.... but it knocked Romo out for the season a few years ago in a Novemeber game.

F***** everyone.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this team has done a great job of overcoming another barrage of injuries but this one would just be too much

I don't see how they can win any damn game with Wallace at QB. He was atrocious out there. If Rodgers has to miss 4+ weeks or so they are likely sunk

This D will have to step up but they simply aren't good enough to do that, not this year. They are an average D and with Wallace at QB, the offense won't be having too many sustained drives. D will be on the field more and that's not good

next April they'l lneed to use a pick on a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round....cannot ignore it any longer. They completely bungled the backup QB situation this season. Harrell never showed he could do it and they stuck with him needlessly for so long, Vince Young was a desperation tryout and Seneca was an even bigger desperation move. One of the few areas where TT failed with this roster
Old 11-05-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, interesting question....if Arod is out, you must bring up Scott Tolzien, who gets the nod at starting QB, Wallace or Tolzien?
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

MM sure sounded like they would be preparing Wallace for next week. Said that Wallace has to play better and that he will with a full week of practice
Old 11-05-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rick Reilly from ESPN saying 5-6 weeks with Rodgers according to Bill Michaels Tweet....

Seneca/Tolzien have to win 2 games for there to be a chance....
Old 11-05-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I called for Flynn a month ago, and I personally DISLIKE that guy.

But imagine if Wallace tonight had done HALF as good as Flynn did in either of his 2 Packers starts..... we'd be 6-2 and the Bears buried at 4-4.
Wallace sucks. Nobody wanted him for the past 5 years for a reason.

I don't understand the stubbornness of TT and or MM to have stuck with Harrell so long and Wallace when they could have replaced him with Flynn... and not had to trade a precious draft pick.

This loss was avoidable.... this L was terrible. Huge.

I want Rodgers back by the Dallas game here I am going to on Dec 15th please...
Old 11-05-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

5-6 weeks with WHAT?

if that is accurate then kiss this season goodbye

vs Phi
@ NYG
vs Min
@ Det
vs ATL
@ Dal

are the next 6 games. Where do you see a win in there with Seneca at QB? Vikes game and maybe @ NYG?

Phi, @ Det, @ Dal all look like L's if Rodgers is out. vs Atl in december...who knows, but holy crap Seneca really sucks

Last edited by BloodBrother : 11-05-2013 at 01:13 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

If he misses 5-6 weeks then it's almost time to cheer for draft picks. Maybe they can find something in Wallace, Tolzien, or Flynn; but I'm not too optimistic. Those guys are pretty much the only options, because they're the only guys who know the offense.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:24 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

if he misses 5-6 weeks, I'll have an even greater appreciation for how spoiled we have been for the past 2 decades. It is not gonna be fun to watch crappy QB play
Old 11-05-2013, 01:28 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Woo Saaaa

Alright, now time for some positive talk.

Dbak - once again played pretty well, Peppers was pretty quiet outside of not rushing the QB and batting a couple of balls in the air.

Lacy - Yeah, Denver, you ****** up....

Raji - Needs to be resigned....

Next years OL - Dbak, Sitton, EDS/Draft pick, Lang, Bulaga/Sherrod - this OL is going to be great next year
Old 11-05-2013, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, this does suck indeed.

Let's hope he plays next week. We probably can't make the playoffs with less than a 10-6 record, considering the 49ers, Panthers, Lions, Bears are all in the hunt as well.

Defensively, I just don't know. How did we not get a single takeaway? How did Forte have such a good game running? I get that we're missing Clay and Perry, but we should be able to generate takeaways and should bottle up Forte without them.

The only bright side of this game, to me, is how well our running game did facing 8 man fronts. With Rodgers in there we would have won by 21, minimum, the way we were running the ball. Sigh.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Well, this does suck indeed.

Defensively, I just don't know. How did we not get a single takeaway? How did Forte have such a good game running? I get that we're missing Clay and Perry, but we should be able to generate takeaways and should bottle up Forte without them.
No schit.... it was pathetic.
Puszy tackling, ultimately by Hayward on the final drive.
Terrible coverage by Tramon and House too often.....

Injuries?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I place this loss on Ted Thompson's shoulders. He has been ignorant to the backup QB position and now the team is screwed. If we want to have a quarterback who is mobile but struggles in the pocket, why didn't we just stick with Young?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I place this loss on Ted Thompson's shoulders. He has been ignorant to the backup QB position and now the team is screwed. If we want to have a quarterback who is mobile but struggles in the pocket, why didn't we just stick with Young?
I've been complaining about their backup QB situation for years. I was never a huge fan of Flynn, but they went from "meh" to worse and they've made lackluster attempts at finding a quality backup.

The only explanation I can think of is that they think they're good enough to survive a few games without Rodgers and still sneak into the playoffs; but if he misses an extended period of time then they'd prefer to just tank the season.

That's a bit of a conspiracy theory, but it makes at least as much sense as anything else I can think of.

Last edited by WCH : 11-05-2013 at 10:19 AM.