Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 11-06-2013, 05:32 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm #4 in the waiver order and somebody just waived Arian Foster. What's his health status? I wouldn't need him until week 12 when McCoy is on bye.

I'm sure one of the other three guys will snatch him up first, but I can dream. Even as a medical risk, he's such a huge upgrade over the rest of the free agents.

Last edited by WCH : 11-06-2013 at 05:45 AM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate that Spiller finally broke out but I feel like I have to bench him this week. Reggie Bush, CJ?K, and Alf Morris all have great matchups too.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

Also, who do I start .5 ppr

Spiller @ Pit or Mike James vs. MIA
Spiller. He's looking like his old self

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I think so & spiller for me

G Bernard @ Bal
or
A Brown vs Oak
Gio Bernard. I don't think Brown is going to steal all the touches just yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'm #4 in the waiver order and somebody just waived Arian Foster. What's his health status? I wouldn't need him until week 12 when McCoy is on bye.

I'm sure one of the other three guys will snatch him up first, but I can dream. Even as a medical risk, he's such a huge upgrade over the rest of the free agents.
I'd pick him up. The reward >>>>> risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I hate that Spiller finally broke out but I feel like I have to bench him this week. Reggie Bush, CJ?K, and Alf Morris all have great matchups too.
I'd start him over Morris, but that's just me. He's lost touches to Helu and the fullback the last two weeks. Spiller is beginning to play like he did last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I need someone's input.

To catch up:
It's a .5PPR league
I have Brees and Romo as my QBs.
My RBs are weak

I was offered Lynch/Tannehill for Spiller/Romo

My RBs are Spiller, D. Wilson, Jennings, J. Bell, M. Ball, Starks (I'm expecting Bush/Moreno to get hurt at some point, or Starks to get more touches while Rodgers is out)

The guy offering me the trade is a huge Bills fan. He's got Woods, Graham, Goodwin, Chandler, and the Bills D. I'm thinking his perceived value of Spiller is higher than it should be. Should I try and sweeten the deal for me? I don't know what to think of Lynch right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick 1 WR. 1 point PPR:

Keenan Allen vs Den
Vincent Jackson vs Miami

Pick 1 flex:

Any of the WRs above
Ryan Matthews vs Denver
CJ Spiller vs Pittsburgh
Old 11-06-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Ok, have a knot of a situation this week. 12 team, non PPR, bonuses for TDs over 40+ and 50+.

First, my RB situation is extremely good after my most recent trade.

I must start 2. McCoy and Lynch are obvious must starts. Chris Johnson is my 3rd and had a huge week last week and plays Jacksonville this week.

Its a 2 QB league(with the option of using a 3rd if you have one in the flex).

I have Luck, Big Ben and Foles. Luck is my must start and Im up in the air on the next one. Id love to play Foles but obviously he isnt going to put up the numbers he did last week. Big Ben has a good matchup against Buffalo and also had a very good game.

So basically it comes down to picking 2 out of the 3. Big Ben/Nick Foles(@ GB)/Chris Johnson(vs Jac).
I have CJ?K in a few leagues and am very excited about him now that he has a very favorable schedule to finish the year. However, in just about any format, starting a QB is the smarter play. Even if it is the Jags . . .

Quote:
how about james jones now that rodgers is out for awhile
No. I can see dropping Boykin, as his production could see a dip now that Jones is back and Rodgers is out, but it's tough to drop the top WRs for Rodgers when we have to assume he may be back in time for the FF playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
So I've decided not to use my waiver spot on Rashad Jennings and just roll with Ryan Mathews instead.

Smart?

Also, who do I start .5 ppr

Spiller @ Pit or Mike James vs. MIA
Spiller.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think so & spiller for me

G Bernard @ Bal
or
A Brown vs Oak
I concur. Go Gio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Poor you! lol

I would sit Spiller in that group, too. His production has been way too erratic and he was still favoring the ankle in the KC game. He's a risk to de out of the game at any point with the right hit / roll / tweak and those other 3 are rolling with even better match ups. Then, just like last week, I'd roll my eyes while Spiller racked up more FF points than the guy I started in his stead. (Le'veon Bell last week.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Pick 1 WR. 1 point PPR:

Keenan Allen vs Den
Vincent Jackson vs Miami

Pick 1 flex:

Any of the WRs above
Ryan Matthews vs Denver
CJ Spiller vs Pittsburgh
Mathews is out. He is getting very little work in passing situations and I don't see the Chargers DST stopping the Broncos at all. I think I'd make the bold move and bench Jackson. He has been a beast vs. weaker pass DSTs but is not able to overcome the better ones.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Now I need someone's input.

To catch up:
It's a .5PPR league
I have Brees and Romo as my QBs.
My RBs are weak

I was offered Lynch/Tannehill for Spiller/Romo

My RBs are Spiller, D. Wilson, Jennings, J. Bell, M. Ball, Starks (I'm expecting Bush/Moreno to get hurt at some point, or Starks to get more touches while Rodgers is out)

The guy offering me the trade is a huge Bills fan. He's got Woods, Graham, Goodwin, Chandler, and the Bills D. I'm thinking his perceived value of Spiller is higher than it should be. Should I try and sweeten the deal for me? I don't know what to think of Lynch right now.
I honestly don't see how you can give up Spiller when your main weakness is RB. The key is to find the team that needs the QB and get value back from them. Even if it means working out two trades to get what you need b/c you take a WR or TE or something else from that team. See what the team(s) in need of a QB have to offer and see what the team(s) with good depth at RB need. Be the broker for both.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I concur. Go Gio!

Poor you! lol

I would sit Spiller in that group, too. His production has been way too erratic and he was still favoring the ankle in the KC game. He's a risk to de out of the game at any point with the right hit / roll / tweak and those other 3 are rolling with even better match ups. Then, just like last week, I'd roll my eyes while Spiller racked up more FF points than the guy I started in his stead. (Le'veon Bell last week.)

Mathews is out. He is getting very little work in passing situations and I don't see the Chargers DST stopping the Broncos at all. I think I'd make the bold move and bench Jackson. He has been a beast vs. weaker pass DSTs but is not able to overcome the better ones.
So you're saying Allen and Spiller?
Old 11-06-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Eli get back on track this week vs OAK?
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I cut Doug Martin, or do you think he'll contribute later?

Also, I dumped my kickers for Mason Crosby in several leagues about 2-3 weeks ago. He was the highest scoring kicker in terms of per game average at that time. The Packers will likely have trouble scoring pts, and moving the ball. Should I dump him for a different kicker? Or give him a week and see?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I think so, but I'd only start him in unique circumstances (2 QB leagues, Bye week replacement etc.) I wouldn't bench a starting QB for him unless it's a really really poor matchup
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck vs STL or Russ Wilson vs ATL?

Both have been putting up numbers the last few weeks, and I've been riding Luck, but this week Wilson has a much more favorable match up.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
So you're saying Allen and Spiller?
Yes.

Quote:
Probably. The Raiders have been getting carved up the last few weeks. Still, start him at your own peril.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post

Also, I dumped my kickers for Mason Crosby in several leagues about 2-3 weeks ago. He was the highest scoring kicker in terms of per game average at that time. The Packers will likely have trouble scoring pts, and moving the ball. Should I dump him for a different kicker? Or give him a week and see?
He is close to coming back now. If you've held him the whole time he's been out it would seem silly to cut him now. He doesn't have a great schedule down the stretch, though.

See what he does this week and add Folk coming off the bye, maybe? IDK - the ppw avg is not a huge difference between K1 and K12, which is why K is generally an afterthought. Outdoor stadium, banged up QB . . . they will lean on the running game which seems very strong. That's not necessarily a recipe for a drop off in FGs. I would expect they punch it in MORE with Rodgers in the game but, obviously, there has to be concern that they simply not be in range as much. So, my answer stands as completely ambiguous!

Old 11-06-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's already questionable for this week even. Schiano is set on getting him back.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Luck vs STL or Russ Wilson vs ATL?

Both have been putting up numbers the last few weeks, and I've been riding Luck, but this week Wilson has a much more favorable match up.
Wilson has the more favorable match up and is playing a team that actually has a chance to score and stay in the game. The Rams are lousy offensively and Luck's day is likely to be easy, resulting in a lower FF production for your team.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I trade Danny "can't get out of bed without getting hurt" Amendola for Ryan Mathews?
Old 11-06-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'm thinking on trying to trade for victor Cruz in my keeper PPR league. He has a nice schedule coming up. Ill see if I can trade VJax for him. Good move?
Old 11-06-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
Should I trade Danny "can't get out of bed without getting hurt" Amendola for Ryan Mathews?
Depends on your team needs. Mathews is splitting time and will be nothing more than a pedestrian start at RB. Amendola, while frustrating, could come out of the bye and beast at the WR spot. Both are injury threats but only one looks to be in a situation that could make them a true difference maker for your FF team.

Quote:
I'm thinking on trying to trade for victor Cruz in my keeper PPR league. He has a nice schedule coming up. Ill see if I can trade VJax for him. Good move?
Sure. I like Cruz better and both have fairly nice schedules. If it's ppr you have to value Cruz higher since the Bucs are a much more conservative offense.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think so, but I'd only start him in unique circumstances (2 QB leagues, Bye week replacement etc.) I wouldn't bench a starting QB for him unless it's a really really poor matchup
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post

Probably. The Raiders have been getting carved up the last few weeks. Still, start him at your own peril.
Well my other option is EJ Manuel vs PIT who has also been carved up but he's a rookie and coming off injury.

Yes, I know the team is a disaster.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idiots in my one league allowed me to grab Foles and Culter in the wake of Rodgers injury.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Idiots in my one league allowed me to grab Foles and Culter in the wake of Rodgers injury.
After I traded for Rodgers, I still kept Luck around as insurance. I'm glad I did, or else I'd be taking a flyer on Keenum.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Well my other option is EJ Manuel vs PIT who has also been carved up but he's a rookie and coming off injury.

Yes, I know the team is a disaster.
Nah, you'll be fine (assuming other positions are solid) with those two having great match ups down the stretch. The only bad match up for either is covered by a great match up for the other in weeks 15 & 16.

Start Eli. Give EJ a week to knock the rust off.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
After I traded for Rodgers, I still kept Luck around as insurance. I'm glad I did, or else I'd be taking a flyer on Keenum.
@ARI
OAK
JAC
NE
@JAC
@IND
DEN

Keenum-num-nummy!

Old 11-06-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Looking ahead at DST match ups and, for those with deep benches that can carry 2, the Titans and Jets pair wonderfully. There are 3 bad games on the Titans schedule (IND x2 and DEN) and the Jets play BUF / MIA / OAK in those weeks.