Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Independence, Missouri
I included a couple trades for fun. You may speculate on the return value. I took the current standings and projected the playoffs. You're welcome Seattle.
1. Cleveland Browns f/ Tampa Bay – Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville: The Bucs should like Glennon’s work enough to work a trade down, and the Browns cash in on two 1st round picks to get their guy. They have the pieces to rise quickly between their defense, Gordon, Thomas, and now Bridgewater.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon: The Jags need help almost everywhere. It begins with the quarterback. Mariota is risky but with the league’s transition to more read-option Mariota could pay high dividends.
3. Houston Texans – Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA: With Hundley and Bortles returning to school, the Texans don’t like their QB options at number 3. They do like Barr, who gives a Derrick Thomas type presence to JJ Watt’s Neil Smith.
4. Atlanta Falcons – Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina: The Falcons have been looking for that pass rushing end for years and finally Clowney falls in their laps.
5. Minnesota Vikings – Ra’shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota: After just missing out on Clowney, the Vikes take a nice consolation prize and keep Hageman in Minnesota.
6. Arizona Cardinals f/ N.Y. Giants – Jake Matthews, T, Texas A&M: The Giants don’t like their options after missing on Barr and Clowney, so the Cards move up to avoid missing one of the stud tackles.
7. Buffalo Bills – Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina: Ebron will quickly become Manuel’s new best friend and add a new element to Buffalo’s burgeoning offense.
8. Oakland Raiders – Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M: Pryor will like the addition of this big target to the Silver and Black.
9. St. Louis Rams f/ Washington – Cyrus Kouandjio, T, Alabama: Redskins provide the Rams with their left tackle of the future. Hopefully this one sticks.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers – Antonio Richardson, T, Tennessee: Steelers pass on Watkins, trusting their ability to identify receivers in the later rounds is greater than their ability to identify tackles.
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers f/ Cleveland – Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson: Mike Glennon gets a speedster to test his rocket arm on.
12. St. Louis Rams – Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo: The Rams add a playmaker to their linebacker corps. Not just a Mack truck thumper (couldn’t resist), Khalil can play inside or out.
13. Baltimore Ravens – Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame: This just makes too much sense. Tuitt will benefit greatly from Ngata next to him.
14. Tennessee Titans – Ha’sean Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama: The Titans would love to add an aggressive playmaker like HaHa to the back of their defense.
15. San Diego Chargers – Taylor Lewan, T, Michigan: The Bolts bookend Fluker with Lewan. Their run game should be very very good.
16. New York Jets – Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech: The Jets add the very dangerous Amaro to their offense and Geno Smith leaps for joy.
17. New York Giants f/ Arizona – C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama: Missing out on Barr, the G-Men deal back and pickup Mosley, who adds a physical, athletic presence to their front 7.
18. Philadelphia Eagles – Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida: Eagles add this cover man to help out on defense. I almost went with Ifo but I don’t want to wear out the Kelly-Oregon connection.
19. Chicago Bears – Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon: Here’s Ifo. The Bears look to the future with this coverman after briefly considering Derek Carr and Kelcy Quarles.
20. Green Bay Packers – Kyle Van Noy, LB, Brigham Young: The Pack adds this disruptive presence opposite Matthews.
21. Miami Dolphins – Cameron Ervin, T, Florida St.: The Phins need to protect Tannehill and move to do so by keeping Ervin in state.
22. Dallas Cowboys – Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina: Quarles has turned it on this year, living in opponents backfields. Whoever Dallas’ new coach is will thank Jerry for adding Quarles.
23. Detroit Lions – Odell Beckham, WR, Louisiana St.: Beckham’s a stud and will help make that offense lethal.
24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers f/ Cleveland and Indianapolis – Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame: The Bucs add this huge presence to the middle of their line hoping his knee problems aren’t chronic. Sammy Watkins and Louis Nix is a nice haul for Tampa.
25. San Francisco 49ers – Marqise Lee, WR, Southern California: The Niners don’t like their DL choices and so add a weapon to help Kaepernick evolve.
26. Carolina Panthers – Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio St.: The Panthers considered ASJ here but ultimately settle on Shazier to play next to Keuchly and behind Lotulelei. Panthers looking reeeeaaal good all of a sudden.
27. New England Patriots – Anthony Johnson, DT, Louisiana St.: Johnson can’t replace Wilfork but will play a solid 3 tech next to Wilfork’s shade until big Vince retires.
28. Denver Broncos – Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio St.: Roby is too talented to last this long so the Donks stop his slide. DBs and pass rushers will be important so long as Peyton is running up the score.
29. Cincinnati Bengals – Christian Jones, LB, Florida St.: The Bengals add the athletic Jones next to the thumper Burfict. They might address interior OL here instead.
30. New Orleans Saints – Vic Beasley, LB, Clemson: The Saints get tremendous pass rush from Cameron Jordan and that’s about it. Beasley is a poor man’s Von Miller but the Saints will welcome him to New Orleans.
31. Kansas City Chiefs – Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St.: The Chiefs look to the future and take Carr while passing over ASJ and the tantalizing Allen Robinson.
32. Seattle Seahawks – Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee: The Seahawks take this goliath hoping to turn him into a world-beater.
Let me have it.