Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-11-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
So I should stop ranting about JJ, all the while you rant on the team HE assembled? Lol OoooooooooooK/ I guess you missed the games against Denver, Detroit, San Diego where we got exposed as well? Picking us to beat the Saints on the road was a homer pick. Just own it.
That's what you don't seem to understand. Jerry didn't have a huge role in assembling this team. If you faulted him for hiring Ciskowski... faulted him for his HC hires, then fine. I can do that.

But I don't look at Jerry for the George Selvie, Everette Brown, Marvin Austin signings. Normally GMs will make in season moves like this and get credit/blame for it. But not here. Here our coaches get involved. We'll credit/blame Marinelli for those pick ups. Do I think Jerry bypassed Floyd, Cordarelle Patterson, Tyler Eifert or Eric Reid for a 1st round Center? Umm, no. Garrett ran this show just like he's run every draft since he took over as HC. Just like Parcells ran it and just like Jimmy ran it. Wade really was spineless and we know that Ciskowski ran those shows when Wade was HC.

But yeah... in looking at this team now, there is a lot of talent here on offense and not all of it is the OL's fault. In many instances Romo had time to throw, but nobody was making adjustments. We didn't make any effort to get the ball out faster. We didn't make any effort to keep the defense guessing. We didn't make any effort to enforce what we do well. We let the defense dictate what we do instead of the other way around. That's not on Jerry.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Callahan will be in charge of the olineman. Just a demotion. Probably still in the booth and in Garrett's ear.

Kiffin has been high energy and supposedly loved in practices. Players just didn't like being put out of position with zone/off-man. If Marinelli fixes that and lets Kiffin be the "rah-rah" guy it could be fun.

Doesn't have to be a bad situation in either case.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Callahan will be in charge of the olineman. Just a demotion. Probably still in the booth and in Garrett's ear.

Kiffin has been high energy and supposedly loved in practices. Players just didn't like being put out of position with zone/off-man. If Marinelli fixes that and lets Kiffin be the "rah-rah" guy it could be fun.

Doesn't have to be a bad situation in either case.
Is this news or speculation? I like Kiffin a ton, but the game has passed him by. If they can get Marinelli in there drawing up the X's and O's while Kiffin is still around motivating the players I'd be fine with that.

I haven't criticized Callahan too much because a lot of the same things happened when Garrett called the plays. The offense is in a slump though, so if they demoted him I would definitely understand.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And JJ hired them all...Its funny that you say we can win with JJ, then say hes a puppet GM. You dont see a problem with that huh? Apperently all those other people you named arent doing their jobs, so whos job is it to replace those other people? Do you have confidence that they would be replaced with better people? How come successful people come here and fail? How come we havent won under JJ since jimmy left?
LOL. You really aren't getting it. The reason why I think we can win with Jerry is because I think it matters more on who he hires than he himself. If he was running drafts and making the decisions on FA picks ups then for sure I would share your opinion of hopelessness.

But I think that if by chance he hires the right people around him THEN I do think we can win with him. I DO think that it's his job to replace those people who aren't getting the job done. ...and I think he honestly tries to do that. Hiring Parcells put those doubts to rest. He clearly was able to put aside his ego in that hiring. There are a lot of reasons why we haven't won since Jimmy left. The answer is not as easy as saying it's all Jerry's fault.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Jeff Sullivan ‏@SullyBaldHead 9m
The discussion tomorrow at Valley Ranch is quite simple: Who calls the plays for the remainder of the year. My guess: Garrett and Marinelli.

Wonder what that would mean for Kiffen and Callahan? Cant get any worse so its worth a try. Garrett's gotta believe his job is on the line.
Pretty impressive to see Jerry putting the pressure on Jason while we sit at 5-5. We don't tolerate it and I'm glad he doesn't either. The fact that this meeting is happening is great news. Change needs to happen. Garrett has to realize if this ship isn't turned right, then he's losing his job. So pushing Callahan aside is probably the right call for his own conscious. Monte probably volunteered for change himself. Monte's hiring was a terrible decision from the start and I knew it. I just disgustingly knew it from watching him at USC. Now we learned a hard lesson, but it might be a true blessing in disguise if in the end Marinelli ends up taking over and doing a good job.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should be 6-4, we could be 8-2, and we have a remaining schedule that seems to include 4 teams that aren't very good and 2 other teams with QB injury issues.

If we get our s*** together offensively, we should be okay to be 8-7 going into the Philly game, and have a chance at the division, at home for once and get into the playoffs. Whether this is enough for any of us, probably not, but this is where we find ourselves, a team that could be 7-9 or 10-6 any given year depending on breaks, etc....
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Patrick Crayton rippin' the OC on G-bag nation. Says there are a TON of different ways to free up Dez that they aren't doing. Says he's a mediocre HC and mediocre OC, it's no wonder the Cowboys are mediocre. Says Cowboys need a HC that will get into players ass. Need a hard nosed coach. Doesn't know if Austin being out hurts the Cowboys because he doesn't know if they would even use him right. lol.

Sign Ed Reed cause he would bring leadership.

Last edited by D-Unit : 11-12-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
We are looking at S just not Reed.

Quote:
IRVING, Texas -- In need of improved play in the secondary, the Cowboys are working out free-agent safety Michael Huff.

Huff
The Cowboys expressed interest in Huff in the offseason, but he signed a three-year deal with the Baltimore Ravens instead. But the former Texas Longhorn was released in late October along with former Cowboys defensive end Marcus Spears.

The need for veteran help at safety increased after the Cowboys allowed a franchise-record 625 total yards to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday night.

The Cowboys signed veteran Will Allen in the offseason, but he was released Oct. 8 so the team could go with younger players.

Barry Church is one of the starting safeties, but the other, rookie J.J. Wilcox, is nursing a sprained knee and his return is uncertain. In Wilcox's place is another rookie, Jeff Heath, who has struggled the last three games.

The Cowboys have the 32nd-ranked pass defense in the NFL.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I would take both Huff and Reed. The crap we're fielding right now is unacceptable.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would take both Huff and Reed. The crap we're fielding right now is unacceptable.
Just scrolled down twitter and every contact that covers that Cowboys all state the team has no interest in Ed Reed. Also confirmed the workout with Huff several reports that he did not look good at all.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Just scrolled down twitter and every contact that covers that Cowboys all state the team has no interest in Ed Reed. Also confirmed the workout with Huff several reports that he did not look good at all.
Yeah, it's looking bleak. I believe that Huff would be out of shape. But I think Garrett is too proud to bring in a guy like Reed.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right the fact he's proud is preventing him from signing a junk-heap safety (at this stage in his career).

He's on the market for a reason. He is nowhere near the caliber player he once was. Unless you are advocating spending a roster spot on a guy you have no thoughts of playing just to keep as a "rah-rah" guy... but if that's the case those are called "defensive assistants".
Old 11-12-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Patrick Crayton rippin' the OC on G-bag nation. Says there are a TON of different ways to free up Dez that they aren't doing. Says he's a mediocre HC and mediocre OC, it's no wonder the Cowboys are mediocre. Says Cowboys need a HC that will get into players ass. Need a hard nosed coach. Doesn't know if Austin being out hurts the Cowboys because he doesn't know if they would even use him right. lol.

Hmmmm. Sounds familiar...where have I heard that before....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Right the fact he's proud is preventing him from signing a junk-heap safety (at this stage in his career).

He's on the market for a reason. He is nowhere near the caliber player he once was. Unless you are advocating spending a roster spot on a guy you have no thoughts of playing just to keep as a "rah-rah" guy... but if that's the case those are called "defensive assistants".
Nobody is expecting him to be the player he once was. Gimme a break with your grand illusions. Still, it's pretty dang hard to be as bad as what I've been witnessing out there. Who the heck is Perillin if that's even his name?

The thing you will get from Reed is his leadership for a secondary that is hurtin' for it. Holding guys accountable and teaching our young guys what kind of commitment it takes each week and teaching them what they need to do to get better. Reed is claiming QBs didn't throw his way very often and thus his low tackle numbers. I haven't been following well enough to know if he's right or wrong but if he was good enough to start for last year's SB champs then he's still better than a lot of other crap out there.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Hmmmm. Sounds familiar...where have I heard that before....
It's a broken record. We're 5-5. 5 times this year we haven't heard the need for it and the other 5 times we have.

It's not a secret that Garrett has very little fans around here... except from those who love to gawk at our offensive stats every offseason. I abhored him as OC, but tried to give him a chance as HC because I thought positively about his drafts and his philosophies about building around high character. But if he can't get his offense off the ground after 7 years of trying to build it, then screw him and screw his cowardly approach to playing aggressive football.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sign Ed reed give him a shot, at least he knows how to play the position, surely he's not what he was but I agree an old Ed Reed is better than what we have now. Church has been disappointing and Wilcox we have to see more of, but how can it hurt? He could help bring Wilcox along and tutor him a bit.

Heath and pellerin are lost out there.

Last edited by Jas : 11-12-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Nobody is expecting him to be the player he once was. Gimme a break with your grand illusions. Still, it's pretty dang hard to be as bad as what I've been witnessing out there. Who the heck is Perillin if that's even his name?

The thing you will get from Reed is his leadership for a secondary that is hurtin' for it. Holding guys accountable and teaching our young guys what kind of commitment it takes each week and teaching them what they need to do to get better. Reed is claiming QBs didn't throw his way very often and thus his low tackle numbers. I haven't been following well enough to know if he's right or wrong but if he was good enough to start for last year's SB champs then he's still better than a lot of other crap out there.
That's all fine and dandy Reed has already complained his way out of one locker room and now you want to bring him here. He was turned into a package defender and argued with coaches regarding how they were using him. What's going to happen if we sign him and he doesn't start every snap? He's going to complain.

He's a shell of his former self and was willing to complain his way out of an NFL locker room. He isn't going to come here and teach youngsters. If he wanted that he would have finished out the season with the Texans.

I do agree our safety play without Wilcox is utter trash but I'm not buying that Reed is the answer. I'd be more inclined to play Wilcox over Reed once he gets healthy.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's all fine and dandy Reed has already complained his way out of one locker room and now you want to bring him here. He was turned into a package defender and argued with coaches regarding how they were using him. What's going to happen if we sign him and he doesn't start every snap? He's going to complain.

He's a shell of his former self and was willing to complain his way out of an NFL locker room. He isn't going to come here and teach youngsters. If he wanted that he would have finished out the season with the Texans.

I do agree our safety play without Wilcox is utter trash but I'm not buying that Reed is the answer. I'd be more inclined to play Wilcox over Reed once he gets healthy.
You maybe right, but I wouldn't replace Wilcox, I'd have Reed replace church. If he can't supplant church than maybe its not worth it.
But for a team who can't stay healthy, he maybe worth a look.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I would play Wilcox over Reed as well, but when is he expected to return?

...and I even then, I would think about starting Reed over Church.

Like I said, Garrett's pride will probably get in the way of us looking at him despite our better interests. Why? Cause Reed would probabaly keep our coaching staff accountable as well and Garrett would be too prideful to put up with it. That said, Reed would probably want to retire before coming to our mess as well.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Interesting that no matter why Dallas doesn't bring him in it ends with "Pride". Perhaps Dallas isn't interested because he isn't an upgrade over Wilcox/Church and turned into a locker room cancer due to being a package-player for Houston.

The notion of players keeping coaches "accountable" is silly. The owner pays the paycheck and that's the sole person who can hold the head coach accountable. The staff reports to the HC and then to the owner as well.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Interesting that no matter why Dallas doesn't bring him in it ends with "Pride". Perhaps Dallas isn't interested because he isn't an upgrade over Wilcox/Church and turned into a locker room cancer due to being a package-player for Houston.

The notion of players keeping coaches "accountable" is silly. The owner pays the paycheck and that's the sole person who can hold the head coach accountable. The staff reports to the HC and then to the owner as well.
We know the proper protocol, but if Reed had the balls to call out Houston's playcalling, that doesn't make his analysis wrong. Just makes him wrong for the way he spoke of it in the media. ...and that is exactly the type of attitude that would scare Garrett off completely. There are no reports of him being a locker room cancer to his teammates, so bringing him here wouldn't bother me. Whether he's not an upgrade over Wilcox/Church is beyond the point anyways. We need depth. We need a guy back there who won't tolerate giving up. We need a guy who's been there before and knows what needs to be fixed. After this situation in Houston, Reed is probably going into his next destination with a different mindset. Getting benched and cut will tend to do that. I don't think he'll question the coaches in the media or make a fuss about starting.

Then again, I expect him to go to a winning situation where the coaching staff doesn't need questioning like ours does. New England seems ideal. Sure gonna be interesting to see him go on and be good addition for some team in need of his leadership and experience.

Just amazing that he can go from a key leader and contributor on a SB championship team and in less than a year become a washed up lockerroom cancer. Good job media! Good job spinnin' the heads of America.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
We know the proper protocol, but if Reed had the balls to call out Houston's playcalling, that doesn't make his analysis wrong. Just makes him wrong for the way he spoke of it in the media. ...and that is exactly the type of attitude that would scare Garrett off completely. There are no reports of him being a locker room cancer to his teammates, so bringing him here wouldn't bother me. Whether he's not an upgrade over Wilcox/Church is beyond the point anyways. We need depth. We need a guy back there who won't tolerate giving up. We need a guy who's been there before and knows what needs to be fixed. After this situation in Houston, Reed is probably going into his next destination with a different mindset. Getting benched and cut will tend to do that. I don't think he'll question the coaches in the media or make a fuss about starting.

Then again, I expect him to go to a winning situation where the coaching staff doesn't need questioning like ours does. New England seems ideal. Sure gonna be interesting to see him go on and be good addition for some team in need of his leadership and experience.

Just amazing that he can go from a key leader and contributor on a SB championship team and in less than a year become a washed up lockerroom cancer. Good job media! Good job spinnin' the heads of America.
I love that too!!!! lol
Old 11-12-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 33m
I just watched Saints' all-run drive specifically to see Bruce Carter's effort. Stunning that Jason Garrett praised after that.
Accountability. Our players have none.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Accountability. Our players have none.
This team will never win anything of significance under the Garrett/Romo regime.

We have a losing culture that should have been purged after the 2010 season, but instead we just reshuffled the deck by promoting JG. You don't create a culture change by empowering someone who was part of the problem.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

... I'm in sort of disbelief you guys love Ed Reed this much. He played 12 snaps last week. The Texans don't exactly have dominating talent at safety. He's been a purely dime package guy and has seriously regressed.

He supposedly reacted awfully when demoted and hasn't been supportive of his teammates. Going to the media to tell them that the defense is getting outplayed and outcoached and how he deserves more snaps is certainly not a thing a team leader does.

And Pocket I absolutely agree.