Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 08-05-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed on Delmas contract structure. Could be 6-8 million next year cap number depending on how healthy Delmas stays. They have to extend him in order to keep him and in order for that to happen he has to stay really healthy.

They like Don Carey though as he played well in the last 5 of 2012.

There is really no order with BPA of the Lions though. If a Safety is there in Round 2 as BPA, we'll take one but if they like a speedy WR or LB better, safety won't be number 2 on the list. Plus free agency could solve some of this areas too once Suh is extended for some cap relief in 2014.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would still say elite LT/RT and Center would be my primary options. I wouldn't argue with an elite WR or corner. I think we can wait a round or two for linebackers. DE could be an option depending on how the draft falls.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:17 AM    (permalink
haijun1122
Rookie

haijun1122 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default how the money slaying

my name is song yonghao,i am 22 years old .I come from luoyang,a very beautiful aicent city.My undergratuade period will be accomplished in changan university in july ,2004;and now,I am trying my est for obtaining a key to tongji university. Generally speaking ,I am a hard working student especially do the thing I am interested in. I will try my best to finish no matter how difficult it is. when I was sophomore, I found web design very interesting, so I learned it very hard . to weaver a homepage for myself, I stayed with my pesonel computer for half a month.,and I am the first one in my class own his homepage. forthermore,I am a person with great perserverence. during the days preparing for the first ,I insist on running every day, no matter what the weather was like.
haijun1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo............

Let's say Stafford stays healthy all year, but for whatever reason we end up with the #1 pick. Do we take Bridgewater even though we just signed Stafford to that extension? Or do we take Clowney even though Suh makes the big bucks and we'll have to pay Fairley soon enough too..? Maybe Lewan will be worth the #1 pick.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo............

Let's say Stafford stays healthy all year, but for whatever reason we end up with the #1 pick. Do we take Bridgewater even though we just signed Stafford to that extension? Or do we take Clowney even though Suh makes the big bucks and we'll have to pay Fairley soon enough too..? Maybe Lewan will be worth the #1 pick.
Jake Matthews LT would likely be our pick and move Reiff to RT. Bridgewater would be a complete waste and your absolutely right, if we draft Clowney, Suh would have to go because we couldn't afford his salary.
Jake Matthews is definitely rated at this moment ahead of Lewan, but that could possibly change by draft day.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll save nearly $5.5m in cap space next year by cutting Burleson, which is roughly the same average salary for the 1st overall pick.

Suh's cap hit does jump from $10,492,500 to $21,412,500 next year. He'll be a free agent in 2016, Fairley in 2015.

Geno Atkins also signed a $5 year $55m contract extension today.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Matty B
Rookie

Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey world! New member here! love the draft and even more than that, love my Lions. What do you guys think of the draft this year? this is what I was thinking though its really unrealistic:

Trade up in the first round a few spots and give up a 2015 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder this year and get Khalil Mack, OLB Buffalo in the first. with our second first rounder pick up Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt. In the third round we pick up our center of the future and pick up Travis Swanson. In the fourth pick up Max Bollough, ILB Michigan State as depth and ST or maybe even take over the starting gig if he performs. In the sixth, we pick up Dexter McDougle, CB Maryland. For our final pick we should get Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburg as DT depth.
Matty B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BPA all the way.

I'm intrigued if Cyrus Kouandjio is still there. I like the Florida cornerbacks. Another elite defensive end would be crazy. Clinton-Dix would be interesting.

1) Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama. Mauler but agile. Potential left side looks, but will be a good fit with our need for a better running game and ability to block for vertical offense. Throw him on the right side and be happy. Trust in Saban... we'll don't trust him, trust his coaching.

2) Robert Herron WR Wyoming 4.35 5-9 187 lbs. 5 for 173 yards and 2 tds vs a Kenny Vaccaro led Texas defense. We need speed. Supposedly has a chiseled physique for a little guy. Inconsistent, but he doesn't exactly have NFL talent throwing to him.

3. Christian Jones OLB Florida St. He's got the bloodlines, top program coaching, and the tools to develop well. Maybe take the best Center available if there's anybody worth taking it. If not, then we need to address it as a priority in free agency.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-06-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

http://first-pick.com/NFL/DraftGame.aspx

interesting little game on the main pro football thread

Your score is: 3875 (Drafting Ability: A-, Player Quality B, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 21: Marqise Lee, WR, Southern California (B)
Round 2 Pick 21: Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon (B)
Round 3 Pick 21: Craig Loston, SS, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 23 (G.B.): Telvin Smith, OLB, Florida State (A)
Round 5 Pick 23 (G.B.): Kenny Ladler, FS, Vanderbilt (A)
Round 6 Pick 21: Christian Kirksey, OLB, Iowa (A)
Round 7 Pick 21: Dexter McDougle, CB, Maryland (A)

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 11-06-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Ebron in the first and a WR in the 2nd. Stock the offense with the talent that we need. Would take our offense to the next level. It's ridiculous we have Durham playing across from Calvin. Burleson is a cap cut and Broyles is done. Add 2 receiving threats and our offense is finally elite.

Center in the 3rd to replace Raiola and then add depth to the defense (safety and OLB).

Defense should get better next year regardless with Ansah, Slay, and Bentley coming off their first years.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Sadly, this is shaping up to be one of the worst center drafts that I can remember. I'm starting to think that we'll have to be aggressive on the free agent market for a new center.

I have been searching scouting reports and have been pretty disappointed with the depth and ratings so far.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-13-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Sadly, this is shaping up to be one of the worst center drafts that I can remember. I'm starting to think that we'll have to be aggressive on the free agent market for a new center.

I have been searching scouting reports and have been pretty disappointed with the depth and ratings so far.
I'm not opposed to bringing in a veteran C in FA due to the youth of our Oline. Obviously the trick will be to get the money to work with our salary dilemma but I certainly wouldn't mind a veteran voice among the oline group
Old 12-10-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love him or hate him, Raiola is playing great football right now. I think he probably gets another year, maybe at a raise. If we can find a surefire starter in the draft, so be it. I think that will be tough though.

I see us targeting WR,CB and maybe TE. Depth wherever in the later rounds. I also wouldn't mind a guy like Vic Beasley. We have never really had a LB who can get after the passer and a player like that could really excel here given our DL. If we took Beasley, I'd probably take pass catchers with my next 2 picks.

That all depends on FA of course. I think we could look at a couple cheap veteran WRs there. Kenny Britt would be an interesting reclamation project. He could potentially be our Alshon Jeffery opposite Calvin. There are some other interesting scrap heap types with upside as well. Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Maclin,SIdney Rice and Miles Austin could be interesting gambles if cheap. I'd entertain trading for Chris Givens as well. Hopefully Ross/Durham are our 4/5 next year.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

In terms of Beasley, it depends on whether Schwartz is our coach next year or not. His philosophy has always been rushing 4 down linemen and not blitzing (hence why we invested so much in the DL).

I think Shazier is an intriguing prospect as well as any CB (but a CB would create a log jam at the position). Clinton-Dix could be drafted as a replacement to Delmas and I think he will be a stud in pass coverage which we certainly need.

Honestly, I hope we add to our offense at the talent positions. Adding a weapon or 2 in the passing game would really open up the offense. Drops are a major issue for us and the fact is our offense is bare outside of Calvin and Bush.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:17 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Raiola is looking good, it's because of the awesomeness next to him. Larry Warford is the man and I would kiss him if I met him in person.

I'm no expert on anyone in this draft class yet.. but I like what I've seen from Darqueze Dennard. Kinda sucks that we've spent a 2nd and 3rd Round pick on CB's in the past couple years, but they haven't shown much of anything..
Old 12-21-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

What's the earliest you guys could see us drafting a QB? I wouldn't be that surprised if we went for one in Round 3.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

4th-7th. I see corner, wide receiver, center during the first 3 rounds.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-23-2013, 07:28 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
4th-7th. I see corner, wide receiver, center during the first 3 rounds.
Hopefully in that order if you ask me.

Wouldn't shock me if they don't take a corner though. if we draft another young corner we are kind of in a logjam there with Slay and Bentley penciled in as the CB2 and nickel CB. That said, if they don't progress it would also haunt us for a while as it seems like our secondary is the only thing holding this defense back from being pretty dominant.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ebron and then another WR in round 2 and comletely overhauling the offense. Ebron and Fauria working the middle of the field, Calvin on one side and a SPeedster on the other side. If Stafford can't pull it together with that then we are simply doomed.

Of course the other option is to go the complete other way and try and make this defense elite (which we aren't far off). Cllinton-Dix should be an option with Delmas being a cap situation. A corner is always an option. A LB is as well.

In my opinion it depends on the coach at this point. If we somehow get O'Brien I think we need to revamp the offense. Taking Ebron and having him and Fauria gives us a Pat's esq TE duo, of course with the added dynamic of having the best WR in the game on the outside. Defenses couldn't handle that size. Look at the bears with Marshall, Jeffrey, and Bennett.

If we go defensive with the coach I am fine with the shift of team philosophy and build a defensive based team. I think both sides of the ball has enough talent to be just about there. We can tilt the scale in this draft depending on where we put the focus.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Triumphdog
Rookie

Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This...

Last edited by Triumphdog : 12-24-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Triumphdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say OC will be the #1 priority but it will all depend on who is available when it is their pick. #2 priority will be WR and #3 should be CB/S.

Raiola will retire and ho knows what other FA's they won't resign, so it is hard to guess their exact priorities till then.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Triumphdog
Rookie

Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I'd say OC will be the #1 priority but it will all depend on who is available when it is their pick. #2 priority will be WR and #3 should be CB/S.

Raiola will retire and ho knows what other FA's they won't resign, so it is hard to guess their exact priorities till then.
I'm all for replacing Raiola, I think it has been a long time coming. Looks like we are sitting at 12th overall right now. We could be looking at some very nice prospects to choose from. We could even fill that #2 WR roll with a Watkins or Evans...
Old 12-25-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

The good thing is that raiola is a replacement level player... we could use nagy or a backup and not lose much. 3rd round should be fine, we need more skill players.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-29-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#10 pick in the draft

Who are we looking at?

WR
CB
TE
C

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
#10 pick in the draft

Who are we looking at?

WR
CB
TE
C
Center is not a first round need ever, TE we have Fauria and I'm not worried, and I despise the idea of another first round receiver.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Center is not a first round need ever, TE we have Fauria and I'm not worried, and I despise the idea of another first round receiver.
What do you think are biggest needs are? I'm not saying draft a Center at #10 but we need a replacement for Raiola even if he comes back for another year.

I feel they are strong at DT, DE, LB. They could look to upgrade Palmer but its not a high priority. Levy and Tulloch are fine.

Fauria is good but how is his blocking? If there was an elite two way TE I'd take him. It seemed like Dorin Dickerson was getting more snaps than him when Dickerson was healthy.

I'm fine with Reiff and Waddle. Rob Sims is fine for now.

Maybe I'm falling in to the Matt Millen trap but when the WRs behind Calvin are bad and when he's out it really shows. Broyles and Titus Young were busts. Are you really comfortable with going with Durham, Burleson, Ogletree, Ross behind Calvin? It would be beastly to send out Calvin, Mike Evans, and Fauria in the Red Zone....

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Scotty D : 12-30-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote