Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-04-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drinking a couple of cans of Foster's tonight. It pours a light copper color with a white head. The nose is very light, with hints of kangaroo and platypus sweat. The flavor is thin and generic. The malt is thin and husky with a generic cheap beer finish. Mouthfeel is slightly clingy with fizzy carbonation. Pretty much a typical cheap beer with a "It's Australian!" marketing gimmick. I give it a 5/10 in the cheap beer category.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did the Golden Mile pub crawl with some friends in New Orleans this weekend. 12 pints, 12 pubs in one night. I drank more than that and after bar 7 my memory gets a bit foggy. Bar 7 was a German Beer Hall where I had a liter of Kostritzer and some $8 beer the bartender said was popular.

Anyway, before all of that, I started the night off with these two:

La Fin Du Monde

Crooked Letter Mystery Romp Coffee Porter

^^^ was delicious. Just like drinking a delicious brewed pot of coffee.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 11-05-2013 at 09:28 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Backwoods Bastard.... Phenomenal this year...
Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picked up these two tonight:

Schmaltz and Terrapin Reunion Ale '12

and

1809 Berliner Weisse

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-14-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

^^^^^^^ Tried both in consecutive nights and both were quite good. I lean towards the Reunion Ale '12 because of the lack of carbonation and more complex flavors but the 1809 is very good in its own right.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-14-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bud heavy tall boys are now 25oz. Tonight, it was a Bud heavy night.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Must be Bud Red unles he found a Bud Ice somehow.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
disgusting either way. it's like people who order coors original instead of just getting a beer that tastes decent. they're the same bloody price.
It is just regular Bud. And while the price wasn't why I was drinking it, that is blatantly not true in Manhattan. Unfortunate, but that's the way it is.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
that's what you get for being in manhattan.
True. I'm probably moving to Brookyln or India next. Neither improves my beer situation much.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
india makes it massively worse.

elephant/tiger/singha aren't terrible and are pretty ubiquitous, but i wouldn't be excited about drinking them.

but i also still hate everything about india, so i may be biased.
I've been there. You can get most anything, but it is expensive as **** unless you are drinking the aforementioned beers or Kingfisher, which is hellaciously bad.

Kingfisher wasn't so bad to me when I was there as I was an undergrad student and we could get crates of it delivered for like $4.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I lived outside the US, I'd have to kick up my homebrew operation because foreign hop beers are ass.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Went a little wild getting beers on payday.

I picked up the North Coast Class of '88 Barleywine, Sierre Nevada devESTATEtion, Harpoon Ocktoberfest (on sale), Boulder Beer Planet Porter, and Bayou Teche Acadie (Bičre de Garde), Boucanče (smoked cherry wheat), and Passionné (passion fruit beer).

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-18-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My pumpkin homebrew is pretty tasty. Got a bit more astringency than I like, but it's got plenty of flavor a nice, light body.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

This is an asskicker

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-03-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had one of these last night. Whoever though mixing chilies and beer was a good idea is a moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah those jalapeno beers that are becoming more popular are disgusting.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
i tried a habanero IPA recently, it was a bad decision.

also, the heady topper craze is too much, my local beer shop was selling them at 15 bucks a can.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
i tried a habanero IPA recently, it was a bad decision.

also, the heady topper craze is too much, my local beer shop was selling them at 15 bucks a can.
I thought you could only get them in Vermont?
Old 12-03-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I thought you could only get them in Vermont?
The guy at my beer shop buys them privately from somebody near the brewery, probably the only way for west coasters to get them and probably why they coast too damn much over here.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
The guy at my beer shop buys them privately from somebody near the brewery, probably the only way for west coasters to get them and probably why they coast too damn much over here.
Must be. Because it is generally only sold within the area in Vermont by the brewery. And it sells out as quickly as it gets put on the shelf. That must be a serious beer shop you go to. My cousin goes up to Vermont every once and a while and gets it if he can while he's there. I saw him on Thanksgiving and he said he'd try to get me at least one can of it next time he's up there.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have another bottle of it in my pantry. There is no way I'm going to drink it. Maybe I can use it to make some beer battered fish tacos or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I have another bottle of it in my pantry. There is no way I'm going to drink it. Maybe I can use it to make some beer battered fish tacos or something.
Just throw it out. That cannot possibly be worth it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Just throw it out. That cannot possibly be worth it.
No. Send it to me. I'll try it. Hot Peppers and beer are two my favorite things. The only one I've had was Rogue's Chipotle Ale.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Crappy beer can be pretty solid for cooking depending on what you make. I've made pulled pork/chicken in a slow cooker with beer before that's turned out well pretty consistently even with beers I haven't liked drinking - I'd imagine the jalapeno beer would work for something like that (or the tacos).
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that Alchemist had to shut down their brewery tours for a couple of days because the local economy couldn't handle all of the visitors. CRAZY.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote