Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 11-12-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though I feel the Chiefs will likely lose, I must say this is the most excited I've been about Chiefs-Broncos in some time. Julius Thomas is a stud, he versus Derrick Johnson or Eric Berry is intriguing. Brandon Flowers has been playing nickel with the emergence of Marcus Cooper, so Welker-Flowers should be important. Peyton Manning versus the Chiefs pass rush will be key.

Then of course, we've got the Chiefs bad offense versus the Broncos bad defense. Which one will be most productive? Sunday night should be fun, I'm hoping for a good game.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No homer here, I think the Chiefs take this one.

It's one of those games where literally no one expects the Chiefs to win so it will probably happen. Get ready njx!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
No homer here, I think the Chiefs take this one.

It's one of those games where literally no one expects the Chiefs to win so it will probably happen. Get ready njx!
Look at you, all bright-eyed and enthusiastic about your team. And not without reason - much seems to be going your way. I must say, when Peyton went down at the end of the Chargers game I was seriously wondering if some higher power was taking steps to ensure the Chiefs continue their streak against backup QBs...

I don't think either team is taking this game lightly. The Broncos want to take the lead in the division, the Chiefs want to show they are a real SB contender. I think the keys are pretty simple:

1. The Broncos need to avoid the unforced/sloppy turnovers - the Chiefs have feasted on that stuff all year

2. The Chiefs need to avoid getting down early - they don't have the offense to be playing catch-up on the road

If both teams can avoid those issues, I think it will be a great game.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm playing with house money right now. I wasn't sure we'd get to 9 wins ALL SEASON, so to be 9-0 and looking like a lock for the playoffs? I'm just enjoying the ride.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm playing with house money right now. I wasn't sure we'd get to 9 wins ALL SEASON, so to be 9-0 and looking like a lock for the playoffs? I'm just enjoying the ride.
That's an excellent perspective. And yes, you're a lock to make the playoffs... too many 4-5 teams right now in the AFC, none of which really look poised to run the table in the second half. Tiebreakers in hand over Cleveland and Tennessee don't hurt either.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Great game you guys. Continued health and good luck the rest of the way.

See you in Arrowhead in two weeks.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm not looking forward to it, y'all have a hell of a team. in spite of whatever i think of your qb elsewhere.
No worries. You guys were the better team today. I'm looking forward to getting revenge in two weeks though!

Old 11-17-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Great game you guys. Continued health and good luck the rest of the way.
Thanks bro. Your defense is legit, but they needed more help from the offense. Reid is a good coach but he showed some of his warts at the end. I'm not sure it really mattered anyway. Really, considering all the good he's done for the team it's a small price to pay.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game, can't wait for the rematch.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

My take home from last night - if it comes down to a late game penalty call, expect us to get the short end of the stick.

The Patriots showed some pretty nice run & playaction stuff last night. The Broncos D needs to stay disciplined. Knowing Brady isn't much of a threat to run helps a bit. Covering RBs coming out of the backfield will be really important - I hope Trevathan and Woodyard are up to the challenge.

The Patriots look banged up in the secondary. If there was ever a time for our outside receivers to step up their physical play, this is it.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
is it just me not noticing him making plays, or has von been really, really average since coming back?
He's getting doubled a lot, but you are right, he's not making the kind of impact you'd expect. I guess this shouldn't be much of a surprise... that kind of layoff had to impact his game shape, regardless of how much time he spent in a gym.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, this is why I get annoyed when people (on here or MSM) keep saying our def has improved because of von's return. I dont think much of it has to do with him at all. The rotation on the d-line has been mostly getting a good push all year, and certainly arent getting more impact plays since Von has come back. Von's return coincided with Woodyard getting back, and that is waaaay more important.

It is funny that Webster was the main reason we got an average/low draft grade from all the "expert" draftniks, yet so far he is easily our best haul from the draft.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Cuts

Holliday - we don't trust him, and subbing in an unprepared Welker clearly isn't a solution

Carter - dude lost his DB spot and now killed a game with his **** play on special teams

RBs - anyone not named "Moreno"
Old 11-25-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our wide receivers really are so over-rated.

Agree on Decker. Other than knowing the playbook, he adds nothing to this team at all.

Demaryius is extremely valuable, but he should never be talked about as an elite wr. Awesome after the catch, but he never ever seems to win 50-50 contested balls that Peyton just chucks down the sideline. He had a horrible drop yesterday on crossing route too. I just dont think his hands are really that good at all.

Welker drops too many balls, period.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i don't want to overreact to last night too much, and i don't think i'm objective enough to talk about bey or welker. but this has been the last 8 weeks for decker. it's too bad, he has the talent to make plays, he just doesn't want to anymore.
He wants to when it is easy or glamorous. He just doesn't want to work for it. He's as soft as they come.

None of our receivers, other than Tamme, seemed to be able to handle the game conditions. I do hope they understand that dealing with adversity is a requirement to have any kind of success in the playoffs.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

I am glad that Decker reads this forum and understood our disgust. Good catches today, though we mostly knew he could run go routes and catch the ball when Peyton put it on his hands.

Someone on the d line will need to step up with big Vick out. We got pushed around today.

Our cb depth is getting sorely tested atm, and it is failing

Last edited by Timbathia : 12-01-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Good game today. Good luck the rest of the way and I hope we get to see you guys again in January.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Good game today. Good luck the rest of the way and I hope we get to see you guys again in January.
Thanks bro. The near implosion by our defense had me on the edge of my seat at the end there.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your team needs a GM in the Forum Mock! PM if interested.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57875
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default 51 ain't bad...

Once again, we gave up a bunch of easy points early. Then again, we also scored a ridiculous number of points. If the receivers could keep their heads in the game and make the tough catches, we probably would've put up 60.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i was just getting ready to rip into von for being worthless this year, and then he has to go out and make a couple of big plays.
Yeah, Von looked pretty good in spots, though that helmet-to-helmet shot on Fitzpatrick was a pretty stupid move. Overall, I'd say the front seven are playing pretty well... it's the secondary that is looking shaky atm. Even with injuries aside, we need a starter at safety and another reliable CB.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before this game started I joked with a buddy and said all I wanted for Christmas was a Denver pass rush to develop. I find it very hard to believe we can make it to the big game with our secondary like it is and injuries on D without having a pass rush pulse. Hopefully this last game is a sign of momentum going forward we'll keep up.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

I think Webster is just hitting the rookie wall - he's played well in spots but it's a much more grueling season in the pros and he's probably feeling it now. Keep DRC-Harris-Webster and clean out the rest... sorry Champ, we can't be paying you 10 mil to keep the inactive list warm. Bring in a decent FA and a rookie and we should be okay.

On the topic of pass rush - if we want sacks, we need to get a little more pressure up front *and* tighten up the coverage downfield.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
it doesn't help that the defensive play-calling has been, at times, positively putrid. JDR really, really likes wide open zones with lots of uncovered seams for some unknown reason.
The 3-man rush with the zones isn't working, but it's the conservative natures of Fox and JDR that makes them want to play the percentages. There have been a bunch of times when the CB switched the receiver to the deep zone, but the S (usually Nacho or Bolden) got distracted and was off picking his ass leaving the receiver to run free. That's basic stuff that has to be done right... especially if you aren't going to send a bunch of guys at the QB. The whole point of the playcall is to *not* give up the big play - when give it up anyway, you look like total ****.

I think maybe this last game they've started to realize that instead of trying to run out the clock and play prevent, we need to put the pedal to the metal on offense and let our DL/LBs pin their ears back and go after the QB when we have a lead.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i hope you're right. the pussyfoot bullcrap will get us bumped in the divisional round again.
So much for my hopes. They came out flat and played soft tonight.

The defense is a mess right now. Injuries, rookies hitting the wall, **** decision-making. Unfortunately, there really aren't a whole lot of changes that can be made at this point.

They've needed to cut Holliday for weeks. They don't trust him, yet they keep trotting him out there only to get the same result. He's done here. I don't see why that is so hard to understand.

Last edited by Diehard : 12-12-2013 at 10:26 PM.