Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-26-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
im sorry, but that did not make me happy.
Made me sad.:(
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Made me sad.:(
well, i almost was sad, then i realized, that isnt our real draft and most likely wont happen. we all know that my sig draft is the most realistic and probable
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men88 View Post
Round 1- Dwayne Bowe WR LSU
Round 2- Eric Wright CB UNLV
Round 3- Josh Beekman OG Boston College
Round 4- Zak DeOssie LB Brown
Round 5- Michael Johnson S Arizona
Round 6- Joe Newton TE Oregon State
Round7a- Garret Wolfe RB Northern Illinois
Round7b- Jeremy Clark DT Alabama

Use this thread for Mock drafts.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually seem to be one of the few people who like Staley. The guy is a frickin' athlete at his posistion. If he can put on a little bit more weight he'll be in good shape to do well. I think he might be a part of that new breed of offensive linemen that will be able to deal with those speed rushers, and more importantly, those 3-4 OLB pass rushers that leaves many tackles in the dust.

Have him sit behind Diel for a year to gain strength and improve technique and then he could be ready. I believe it would be a fine pick. However, if Revis isn'y off the board at our pick (the only pick I would absolutely be upset about if we skipped over in the first) then I'd want him to be the pick. I honestly don't know if any of the linebacker would be worthy of the #20 pick. Sure if someone like Branch slips to us, I don't think we should be taking Staley, but otherwise I'd wouldn't mind having him.

Honestly, Staley doesn't impress be because of his measureables. He impresses me with his on the field athletism. Gave up something like 3 sacks in two years.

Well, that's just my opinion. I think if Revis and no big names slip to us, I don't see picking Staley as such a disaster. He might be a really good player. I think his measurables just got him attention, that's all.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I actually seem to be one of the few people who like Staley. The guy is a frickin' athlete at his posistion. If he can put on a little bit more weight he'll be in good shape to do well. I think he might be a part of that new breed of offensive linemen that will be able to deal with those speed rushers, and more importantly, those 3-4 OLB pass rushers that leaves many tackles in the dust.

Have him sit behind Diel for a year to gain strength and improve technique and then he could be ready. I believe it would be a fine pick. However, if Revis isn'y off the board at our pick (the only pick I would absolutely be upset about if we skipped over in the first) then I'd want him to be the pick. I honestly don't know if any of the linebacker would be worthy of the #20 pick. Sure if someone like Branch slips to us, I don't think we should be taking Staley, but otherwise I'd wouldn't mind having him.

Honestly, Staley doesn't impress be because of his measureables. He impresses me with his on the field athletism. Gave up something like 3 sacks in two years.

Well, that's just my opinion. I think if Revis and no big names slip to us, I don't see picking Staley as such a disaster. He might be a really good player. I think his measurables just got him attention, that's all.
I'd be OK with the pick. He has the athleticism of a TE and the body of a LT. Anyone who is 6'6" 305 is as quick and fast as Staley is is alright with me.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gallery was the same way and looked how he worked out. I'm not saying Staley is that but I'd rather just have a big hulk of a man at LT with long arms who can grab and d-lineman coming around. I think Diehl is pretty athletic for a LT already. Last, I'd just see where the chips falls this year and then try and get Long or Baker next year depending on what happens.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Gallery was the same way and looked how he worked out. I'm not saying Staley is that but I'd rather just have a big hulk of a man at LT with long arms who can grab and d-lineman coming around. I think Diehl is pretty athletic for a LT already. Last, I'd just see where the chips falls this year and then try and get Long or Baker next year depending on what happens.
What seperates Long and Baker from Staley?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What seperates Long and Baker from Staley?

Well Long is 6'7 320 so he's bigger than Staley and used to playing LT at a premier program for a longer time. Baker is about the same height and weight as Staley and just as athletic. I'd give Baker the nod again because he is used to the position and because he has faced better competition. I think Long and Baker also have more of that mean streak you'd like to see at the Tackle.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well Long is 6'7 320 so he's bigger than Staley and used to playing LT at a premier program for a longer time. Baker is about the same height and weight as Staley and just as athletic. I'd give Baker the nod again because he is used to the position and because he has faced better competition. I think Long and Baker also have more of that mean streak you'd like to see at the Tackle.
Long is alright, but I don't think he'll be available with the 32nd overall pick next year. He's a top ten talent. Staley is better than Baker IMO. Baker got harrassed by a couple UCLA defensive ends. If it wasn't for that game, I think he would come out early.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Long is alright, but I don't think he'll be available with the 32nd overall pick next year. He's a top ten talent. Staley is better than Baker IMO. Baker got harrassed by a couple UCLA defensive ends. If it wasn't for that game, I think he would come out early.
Those UCLA ends are quick as hell and Baker made the adjustment in the Michigan game. Those ends harassed more than Baker last season. I know Long is a top 10 talent but the way I look at it is if we have Diehl at LT and we win the Super Bowl then Diehl was obviously good enough to play in that spot. If we do bad with Diehl at LT then we'll be drafting high enough to grab Long or Baker possibly.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of these guys who do you think the GIANTS will pick???
Jon Beason
Poz
Reggie Nelson
Dwayne Bowe
Chris Houston
Aaron Ross
Marcus McCauley

Thanks??

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st round?

Nelson
Beason
Houston
Ross
Bowe
Poz
McCauley

IMO that'd be the order
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Jon Beason
Poz
Reggie Nelson
Dwayne Bowe
Chris Houston
Aaron Ross
Marcus McCauley

Thanks??
Out of that list I think Beason and Poz are the best possibilities.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Jon Beason
Poz
Reggie Nelson
Dwayne Bowe
Chris Houston
Aaron Ross
Marcus McCauley

Thanks??
Nelson or Beason...if I had to pick one it would be Beason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

As of now I think I'm pretty set in stone that I'd like to see Beason or Revis on the Giants depending on how everything goes. If Branch falls I'd also like to see something happen with that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the help, you have to look for my mock draft sometime tomorrow to see who i gave you ;)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As of now I think I'm pretty set in stone that I'd like to see Beason or Revis on the Giants depending on how everything goes. If Branch falls I'd also like to see something happen with that.
i totally agree. i want revis but i would say its very unlikely at this point we get him. beason is very possible and i hope we dont take joe staley over timmons/beason/etc. i would like branch as well

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote