Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love Monta. Still one of the best to watch in the NBA when he has it going. Tonight, the dude has it going.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Gotta love Monta. Still one of the best to watch in the NBA when he has it going. Tonight, the dude has it going.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

monta ellis have it all

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monta Have It All!
Old 11-21-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Suck it, Rockets.

Dwight went from being ultra likeable to one of the most hateable players in the league astoundingly quickly.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monta Ellis for MVP!!!!!

Old 11-21-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

My vote is a Monta and Dirk joint mvp

Old 11-21-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm more surprised that he finally got the start over Randon Ass. The bench was garbage. I'd like to see Phil Pressey start with Bradley at the 2.
Yeah, I'm glad Sully is getting increased PT as the year goes on, though I do understand limiting him (to an extent) coming off the injury, plus he looked out of shape.

Pressey frustrates me. He clearly has the talent, but his decision making can be so erratic at times. He often makes the unnecessary/difficult pass over the open shot/easy pass. Not a bad signing as an UDFA, but he needs a good amount of work IMO.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Yeah, I'm glad Sully is getting increased PT as the year goes on, though I do understand limiting him (to an extent) coming off the injury, plus he looked out of shape.

Pressey frustrates me. He clearly has the talent, but his decision making can be so erratic at times. He often makes the unnecessary/difficult pass over the open shot/easy pass. Not a bad signing as an UDFA, but he needs a good amount of work IMO.
This season is the perfect season to use to fix him. Just bench him everytime he tosses up a 3 or makes a ridiculous pass. He's a steal for this team if they get him on the right path.

Showcase Rondo when he comes back, then trade him and Wallace.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monta and Dirk need to marry so they can adopt me.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:19 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
This season is the perfect season to use to fix him. Just bench him everytime he tosses up a 3 or makes a ridiculous pass. He's a steal for this team if they get him on the right path.

Showcase Rondo when he comes back, then trade him and Wallace.
I'm fine with him getting some PT, but I just don't think he can handle significant minutes at this point.

I also don't really see the point in trading Rondo unless we get blown away by an offer.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Trey Burke is back. Let the rise of the Jazz commence....TO THE PLAYOFFS!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Trey Burke is back. Let the rise of the Jazz commence....TO THE PLAYOFFS!

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-21-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben was not a top 3 defender of all time. He was a great defender, and one of the best of his generation, but his defense gets overrated bc that's all he could do. We focus on it too much because he had nothing else to offer other than defense and rebounding.

He was a 6 8" Center in an era that had Shaq and literally no other Centers. Let's keep some perspective here. Ben btw struggled defending Shaq, the only Center of his generation worth a damn.

Put him in the 90s with the great Centers of that generation and he gets eaten alive. He didn't even defend Duncan 1 on 1 during his prime. Ben was a limited player with an over blown defensive reputation.

You want to put him in the top 10 for big man defenders, that's cool. Top 3 is ridiculous.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I said of the last 20 years, and the only two you can argue are Hakeem and Dikembe.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-21-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I said of the last 20 years, and the only two you can argue are Hakeem and Dikembe.
Yeah there is not argument between ben and those two, they were clearly better. As where zo and Patrick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zo, Patrick, Robinson, Duncan, maybe Shaq. I'd say Rodman is at least equal. Garnett in his prime was amazing. We're not even taking into account defense by Guards, where I'd rank Payton, Pippen, Bowen, Jordan, Lebron, ahead of him.

He's not top 3.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
So Anthony Davis and Boogie pretty much have the same numbers.
Except for scoring .5 points more, Davis is better in every statistical category. So ya, not really at all.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Yeah there is not argument between ben and those two, they were clearly better. As where zo and Patrick.
No they weren't. Stop overrating Patrick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Zo, Patrick, Robinson, Duncan, maybe Shaq. I'd say Rodman is at least equal. Garnett in his prime was amazing. We're not even taking into account defense by Guards, where I'd rank Payton, Pippen, Bowen, Jordan, Lebron, ahead of him.

He's not top 3.
No, No, No, No, not even close, close, no and guards don't have the same effect.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-21-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Versatile wings like Pippen, Garnett, and LeBron who can guard 3 positions on the court and still protect the rim absolutely can have the same impact.

Wallace was Antonio Davis in an era with garbage at the C position. That's all he was.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No they weren't. Stop overrating Patrick.

No, No, No, No, not even close, close, no and guards don't have the same effect.
You're overrating Ben far more than I may be over rating Patrick and Shaq. Plus I forgot about crazy d, rodman was on another level he was closer to Hakeem and Dikembe than Ben was. Duncan and Robinson are in the mix to, although like Garnett I'm fine with putting Ben above them as he was a great defensive player, just not Hakeem, Dikembe, Rodman, Zo, Ewing, Shaq when he cared to, great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

He also thinks Chauncey Billups is better than Isiah Thomas so there's really no reaching him.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we talking about Ben Wallace here?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Are we talking about Ben Wallace here?
Strictly as a defender.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote