Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-22-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe NBA Live blew that bad.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the PS4 and Xbox One both had great launches, relatively speaking. I think it's a great thing. They both need each other in order to be successful. Otherwise they won't push each other to do better each generation. This console generation is going to be very interesting. I wonder if this may be the last generation of consoles we see. With Steam and others making strides in developing TV-based platforms, I can't help but wonder if we will see another console release. I don't think consoles will go away, personally.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
were you really expecting much?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah..I fully expected it to blow. NBA 2k is the only way to go for basketball games these days.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Really? What had EA done to instill any confidence in NBA Live? Really as soon as 2K came out, EA more or less gave up and was content to be the beta in that competition.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
Which game would you consider your favourite? As a fellow FF enthusiast, always interested in hearing which game is other fans favourite.
For me...

FF IV
FF X
FFVII
FFVI
FFV
FFVIII
FF (original)
FFXII (Not X-2)
FFXIII
FFX-2

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FFX-2 gets a lot of ****, but honestly, it has my favorite combat of any FF.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
FFX-2 gets a lot of ****, but honestly, it has my favorite combat of any FF.
It basically took the leveling system from FFV I think most people hated it because of what they did the the characters although that was pretty interesting as well. That and they ****** up blitz ball.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I drunkenly ordered all of the FF's I didn't already (still) own Thursday night (PS1 & PS2...will get a 3DS soon and will pick up FFIII for that, which I've not played). I didn't realize it until last night when I found the receipts in my email. Literally have zero recollection of the transaction, and can't believe how dumb drunk me was with his shipping choices. WTF?

Amazon should require a breathalyzer...
Old 11-24-2013, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More like super mediocre world 3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:53 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I drunkenly ordered all of the FF's I didn't already (still) own Thursday night (PS1 & PS2...will get a 3DS soon and will pick up FFIII for that, which I've not played). I didn't realize it until last night when I found the receipts in my email. Literally have zero recollection of the transaction, and can't believe how dumb drunk me was with his shipping choices. WTF?

Amazon should require a breathalyzer...
Haha drunk you just wants to play games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
More like super mediocre world 3D.
Not at all. Worlds 1-2, even 3, were a bit underwhelming. But worlds 4-7 have been absolutely fantastic. Still have 5 worlds to go.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not at all. Worlds 1-2, even 3, were a bit underwhelming. But worlds 4-7 have been absolutely fantastic. Still have 5 worlds to go.
Well I beat it, and I can't believe how conservative they were with the game. Not to mention how easy it was. It took about 2 mins per level to beat, and don't even get me started on the last boss. Just so meh and unimpressive. Mario has fallen a long way from the Nes, Snes, and 64 days.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

If you're expecting a hard Mario game, I don't know what to tell you. You're looking for something that isn't there.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I got a 3DS XL (the 4GB v. 2GB was the final difference maker for me, but certainly not the only one). I picked up Infinite Space (rare game, from what I can gather) and plan on picking up Radiant Historia and Suikoden Tierkreis tomorrow. Eventually will grab Fire Emblem Awakening and am going to wait for the next Monster Hunter game.

I'm not really a Mario or Pokemon guy, but I'm considering picking up a Pokemon since they are, admittedly, pretty fun. Also definitely not an Animal Crossing or Sims guy.

What are some others that I should be looking into?
Old 11-24-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
If you're expecting a hard Mario game, I don't know what to tell you. You're looking for something that isn't there.
Sort of like every Mario that came out before the Wii? Because alot of Mario games were much more challenging than 3D world (All of the NES, Snes ones come to mind).

Not to mention every over world hub's theme had nothing to do with the theme of the levels. The ice world had like maybe one ice world in it. Idk what the deal with that was.

Also it doesn't do a ton of new things outside of the number of suits.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-25-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I just have to say that, I had one of those total nerd experiences while I was playing ghosts this weekend, where I threw a semtex and stuck a guy capturing a point and he ran over and got another teammate killed with him, and said "xbox, record that" and had it do it instantly and save the clip for me. It was so awesome, and I'm having so much fun with the new features. Just really happy with my purchase, and for the first time in a long time I'm actually excited about what the console does for me as opposed to just the games (which are lacking for now).

Although despite that Dead Rising is just a blast to play. Its not this amazing must have launch, but its just fun. So BD, lets play some co-op.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 11-25-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sort of like every Mario that came out before the Wii? Because alot of Mario games were much more challenging than 3D world (All of the NES, Snes ones come to mind).

Not to mention every over world hub's theme had nothing to do with the theme of the levels. The ice world had like maybe one ice world in it. Idk what the deal with that was.

I went like 40+ levels of super mario world without dying. I don't think Mario is very difficult ever besides maybe super mario galaxy purple coin challenges.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I went like 40+ levels of super mario world without dying. I don't think Mario is very difficult ever besides maybe super mario galaxy purple coin challenges.
Meh, it was more difficult than super mario world 3D which is all I'm getting at. I beat it in one day. I only missed about 20 green stars out of all the levels wihtout even having to replay levels. Guess I just see the potential is there for more than what it is. Maybe I went in with too high expectations.

Also, enjoy and have fun buying this.

http://www.taylordavisviolin.com/sto...digital-album/

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-25-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh, it was more difficult than super mario world 3D which is all I'm getting at. I beat it in one day. I only missed about 20 green stars out of all the levels wihtout even having to replay levels. Guess I just see the potential is there for more than what it is. Maybe I went in with too high expectations.

Also, enjoy and have fun buying this.

http://www.taylordavisviolin.com/sto...digital-album/
I hear ya, a lot of the Mario games are pretty easy, but some of the newer ones have been way too easy. Having said that, hopefully Nintendo makes me actually want to purchase a Wii U at some point.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beat AC4. It's my favorite after Brotherhood.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
I hear ya, a lot of the Mario games are pretty easy, but some of the newer ones have been way too easy. Having said that, hopefully Nintendo makes me actually want to purchase a Wii U at some point.
I wish I could find a post by a friend of mine on FB who is hardcore nintendo, like refuses to acknowledge any other system besides ninentdo. Basically said the game isn't a system seller, and just sort of a mashup of everything that works well without pushing boundaries forward. Right now I'm hoping Smash brothers and Mario Kart really delivers, otherwise I was duped into getting this system again (despite the fact I got it used for super cheap)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-25-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
I wish I could find a post by a friend of mine on FB who is hardcore nintendo, like refuses to acknowledge any other system besides ninentdo. Basically said the game isn't a system seller, and just sort of a mashup of everything that works well without pushing boundaries forward. Right now I'm hoping Smash brothers and Mario Kart really delivers, otherwise I was duped into getting this system again (despite the fact I got it used for super cheap)
I will probably pull the trigger for Smash or HD Zelda... Even though I still havent played more than 3 hours of Skyward Sword (and its fun, idk why i am not playing it).
Old 11-25-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I have to completely disagree with you. The previous Mario's were absolutely not hard. Mario games have never been hard, they've been designed so kids could beat them.

The difficulty of Mario has always been self imposed, such as speed runs.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I will probably pull the trigger for Smash or HD Zelda... Even though I still havent played more than 3 hours of Skyward Sword (and its fun, idk why i am not playing it).
Yea, I'll be getting it for the new DK game and Smash for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote