Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-21-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Yeah my issues really aren't with Romo, I don't like the philosophy and utilization of the talent that's out there. Take the reigns off and let's go score some points.
Absolutely. I don't understand our offensive scheme. Garrett is a Don Coryell disciple (vertical passing) and our offense was AMAZING with Romo at the helm pushing the ball downfield. His play fake is pretty highly rated and he has a very quick release. You'd think with three fast receivers in Dez, Miles, and Williams we'd attack the deep zones more. Add in Hanna as a speedster at TE and we have FOUR GUYS that can stretch the field. Yet with Callahan calling plays the majority of the time we spend on short and intermediate passing. Ick.

Slot curls to remove the slot CB. Owens (Dez) would run a go. Miles (Miles) runs a go. TE runs a 10 yd in/out.

There are SOOOOO many different route combos that this type of setup works with. You can change Dez to run a post and take advantage of the deep right. You can have the slot guy change from a curl to a Corner into the vacated deep left. You can have Miles run a post and then use the TE to run a seam into the unprotected deep right.

We have the personnel to run vertical passing and hamstring them with a West Coast hybrid. I hate it. It doesn't help that our running game is absolutely pathetic. We run basic concept power runs for the most part when our team should excel with counters, draws, and misdirections.

I'm really hoping that the "Dynamic" changes to the offense are letting us drive the ball down the field more.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Absolutely. I don't understand our offensive scheme. Garrett is a Don Coryell disciple (vertical passing) and our offense was AMAZING with Romo at the helm pushing the ball downfield. His play fake is pretty highly rated and he has a very quick release. You'd think with three fast receivers in Dez, Miles, and Williams we'd attack the deep zones more. Add in Hanna as a speedster at TE and we have FOUR GUYS that can stretch the field. Yet with Callahan calling plays the majority of the time we spend on short and intermediate passing. Ick.

Slot curls to remove the slot CB. Owens (Dez) would run a go. Miles (Miles) runs a go. TE runs a 10 yd in/out.

There are SOOOOO many different route combos that this type of setup works with. You can change Dez to run a post and take advantage of the deep right. You can have the slot guy change from a curl to a Corner into the vacated deep left. You can have Miles run a post and then use the TE to run a seam into the unprotected deep right.

We have the personnel to run vertical passing and hamstring them with a West Coast hybrid. I hate it. It doesn't help that our running game is absolutely pathetic. We run basic concept power runs for the most part when our team should excel with counters, draws, and misdirections.

I'm really hoping that the "Dynamic" changes to the offense are letting us drive the ball down the field more.

Exactly, we have the players on the field but it doesn't seem like we know what to do with them when it's pretty obvious we have the ability to be a very scary offense. I don't know whats holding it back.

I would open this game with a play action fake and throw a bomb just to break with the predictability we've developed.

Last edited by Jas : 11-21-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freshboy egged me on to the Romo criticism. I didn't drive the discussion.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly, we have the players on the field but it doesn't seem like we know what to do with them when it's pretty obvious we have the ability to be a very scary offense. I don't know whats holding it back.

I would open this game with a play action fake and throw a bomb just to break with the predictability we've developed.
You can have the most aggressive scheme in the world. Your players have to run it. If they are struggling to, then you have make adjustments or get them to understand it better. You gotta "coach".
Old 11-21-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The organization needs to provide stability for its players. The continual switch with coordinators and play callers is a negative for any team. For the most part, that's a reflection of Jerry Jones and his shortcomings as an owner. Obviously Jerry Jones isn't going anywhere any time soon so the inconsistency will continue.
What do you think of Jerry keeping Garrett? Good call or bad call?

Do you think we should keep Callahan or Kiffin?
Old 11-22-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn it! Holloman is ruled out for Sunday. I really wanted to see him get an opportunity, but it seems like that spinal injury isn't fully healed yet. Hopefully it's not long term, but spinal injuries are always worrisome.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A week's worth of bold words from the New York Giants wrapped up with cornerback Terrell Thomas guaranteeing a victory over the Dallas Cowboys at MetLife Stadium on Sunday.

"No doubt we're going to win this game," Thomas said Friday on Sirius XM NFL radio. "You can tell them, put it on a bulletin-board – it doesn't matter, because we have to win this game. Our season is on the line right now."

The Giants' trash talk started minutes after they extended their winning streak to four games with a 27-13 victory Sunday over the Green Bay Packers. New York defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul threw the first verbal punch at the Cowboys.

"We're going to put it on them, man," Pierre-Paul said. "I'm pretty sure the offense is going to get going. The defense is going to get going even more. And the special teams will contribute to it.

"It's going to be a fight. It's going to be a dogfight. There's going to be a lot of blood spilled out there."
After being embarrassed our last game and having 2 weeks to prepare for this game, if we dont win its going to be very disappointing. They sure are full of themselves, I hope we kick their butts.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
After being embarrassed our last game and having 2 weeks to prepare for this game, if we dont win its going to be very disappointing. They sure are full of themselves, I hope we kick their butts.
Well it's encouraging to hear that Hatcher, Miles, Claiborne and Wilcox will be back.

But yeah, it's actually discouraging to see them have so much confidence. They are fearless... which is what we need to be. If we don't show up and outmatch their swag then we're gonna have problems.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soo...predictions for the games guys?
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I'll let Mr.T give mine....lol

Eli is the horse.. Hahaha!!!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Cowboys 27-23. We are getting healthy and 2 weeks to prepare helps. I think the G-men are a bit overrated. They have been beating up on backup QBs.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 11-22-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants just keep talking...Terrell Thomas guaranteed a win Sunday. Haha you'd think they didn't lose six straight including to the boys?

Got damn I hate that team. I'd like nothing more than this being the game that puts them out of their misery.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'll let Mr.T give mine....lol

Eli is the horse.. Hahaha!!!

Prediction: Giants win in a laugher.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Btw another guys job is safe..GM Jerry Jones. It is what it is and appears to be staying that way..for now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...est-work-as-gm
Old 11-22-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

The hamstring is back..he'll handle the gmen.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Btw another guys job is safe..GM Jerry Jones. It is what it is and appears to be staying that way..for now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...est-work-as-gm
...and if that wasn't a great gem.. THIS WAS!

Quote:
“I understand his situation and I like and have liked for years where he’s trying to go with this defense,” Jones said. “I like if we were going to have somebody take where we are with our personnel, for better or for worse, where we are in the bye week, what adjustments we needed to make, getting these guys that are coming back healthy, there’s nobody in coaching I’d rather have managing that than Monte Kiffin on defense. Nobody.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/index/_/count/16
Old 11-22-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
...and if that wasn't a great gem.. THIS WAS!

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/index/_/count/16
Last week he said the firing of Rob Ryan may have been a mistake and now there's no one he'd rather have than monte kiffin..either he's back tracking to save face or do we think it's possible that he has Alzheimers or is suffering from dementia??
Old 11-22-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said he's been doing some of his best work in years, despite the fact that his team is 21-21 since Jason Garrett took over as coach in 2011.

The Cowboys have also missed the postseason the past three seasons.

"The facts are I really do think, the way things have rolled out, I'm getting to do some of the best work that I've done, relatively speaking in my career, over these last several years," Jones said Friday morning on KRLD-FM.

Since 1997, the Cowboys have posted a 133-133 mark with Jones as GM.
Even better. The guy is dilusional.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...espnapi_public

Old 11-22-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerrah is trollin. Trollin. Trollin on a river.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Jerrah is trollin. Trollin. Trollin on a river.
EXACTLY. He loves messin' with the media. If you're level headed it doesn't bother you cause you know he's not one to take literally 100% of the time. He's been known to use the media to help him spin the message that he wants out there.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:27 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Even better. The guy is dilusional.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...espnapi_public
God Bless him. I hope he stays GM, President, CEO, Engineer of Jerrah's world, and any other title he wishes to call himself. I feel happy knowing he has the power to run the organization. Hope he can live forever!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
EXACTLY. He loves messin' with the media. If you're level headed it doesn't bother you cause you know he's not one to take literally 100% of the time. He's been known to use the media to help him spin the message that he wants out there.
Yep. Add in that by giving Garrett, Kiffin, and Callahan a vote of confidence it takes them OUT of the news. It becomes a "JERRY IS AN IDIOT" story rather than "OUR COACHES SUCK" story.

Keep in mind Wade Phillips was given a vote of confidence and then was shown the door 2-3 weeks later.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just seems like Jerry wants to attention to be off the team so they can go about their business by putting it on himself, which the media seems more than happy to oblige. I don't take what he says too seriously - there is a certain act to it.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Maybe he says all the things he says to take away from the FACT that we are 133-133 over the last 16 years. Seems to be working with some folks on this board. It says a lot when your rivals want him to stay as GM forever.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Yep. Add in that by giving Garrett, Kiffin, and Callahan a vote of confidence it takes them OUT of the news. It becomes a "JERRY IS AN IDIOT" story rather than "OUR COACHES SUCK" story.

Keep in mind Wade Phillips was given a vote of confidence and then was shown the door 2-3 weeks later.
LOL, you really think ego Jerrah wants the story to be about "hes an idiot" to take the pressure/story away from the coaches? Ego Jerrah wants everyone to praise him for his football mind and how hes not only a great owner but also a great GM. The problem of course is he cant produce a winning team, but dont let facts get in the way of a good story.