Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 11-24-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Murray was never going to be a high Draft pick. He's one of those players that might have been predicted by some fans and websites to go high, but come Draft day, he would have gone mid to late rounds.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
This is really, really, really bad.

I don't get the Teddy hate, guys. He's by far the best QB prospect in a LONG time. He can make every throw, and he makes the right ones. The ones that win games. The ones that keep drives alive on 3rd and long.
Will he make them when he needs to? I've watched enough of him to really wonder about him mentally. Physically, yes, I've seen the NFL type throws and he's had strong drives, but then other times (and there's been enough of them) I truly wonder what in the hell he's looking at on the field. He needs time to develop more, he can't be an instant starter. I feel like that will set him up for failure.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Wait... Bortles over Bridgewater? Luck turned the Colts around? It's not like the Colts were perennial cellar-dwellers. Peyton got hurt, they lost a ton with their backup, Luck played solid and didn't lose them a ton of games. Now he's exposed because he doesn't have Reggie Wayne.

Then again, this was the same site that seriously considered Blaine Gabbert a top tier, elite prospect out of Missouri. I am not surprised anymore.
Yes and Yes. Bortles is bigger, stronger and just as mobile as Bridgewater. Bridgewater got a ton of hype after the bowl game vs. Florida but other than that he has not been the dominant QB everyone was hyping him up to be. He is 196 lbs? I don't think that is going to help when he is taking punishment at the next level. Also, he does have a good arm and accuracy but Louisville's talent level across the board is better than pretty much any other team in that conference.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
Will he make them when he needs to? I've watched enough of him to really wonder about him mentally. Physically, yes, I've seen the NFL type throws and he's had strong drives, but then other times (and there's been enough of them) I truly wonder what in the hell he's looking at on the field. He needs time to develop more, he can't be an instant starter. I feel like that will set him up for failure.
You question Bridgewater's mental game? That is honestly the thing that most people point to as his biggest strength. You'll find that most people will agree that he has the strongest mental game of any Qb in this draft class. The physical aspects are generally what people question about him.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
You question Bridgewater's mental game? That is honestly the thing that most people point to as his biggest strength. You'll find that most people will agree that he has the strongest mental game of any Qb in this draft class. The physical aspects are generally what people question about him.
The massive lulls I've seen him have where he's missing receivers and just seems completely uninterested and throws at a very well-covered receiver bothers me, yes. I don't know anything about his preparation, apparently that's great according to scouts, but why he suddenly seems to go into gunslinger mode, completely opposite of the QB he's supposed to be, really throws me off.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im also not sure what the Bridgewater worries are all about. He has legit size at 6-3 220. He is a student of the game and just doesnt make bad decisions. I've watched every single game that he has ever played, and he has maybe made less than ten bad decisions in three years. His accuracy is ridiculous in the short and mid range throws. He can be a little inconsistent throwing deep, but that will improve with time. I think hes the second best prospect since Manning, just behind Luck. And yes, I am a Louisville grad, and could see how I could be coming across as bias, but trust me, hes the real deal. Tough as nails and just makes good decisions. I do think his athleticism is a little overrated to be honest.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Im also not sure what the Bridgewater worries are all about. He has legit size at 6-3 220. He is a student of the game and just doesnt make bad decisions. I've watched every single game that he has ever played, and he has maybe made less than ten bad decisions in three years. His accuracy is ridiculous in the short and mid range throws. He can be a little inconsistent throwing deep, but that will improve with time. I think hes the second best prospect since Manning, just behind Luck. And yes, I am a Louisville grad, and could see how I could be coming across as bias, but trust me, hes the real deal. Tough as nails and just makes good decisions. I do think his athleticism is a little overrated to be honest.
Even the Louisville website lists him at 205 and I'm worried that might be generous. We won't be sure until he gets measured at the combine though and he has time to bulk up before then but size could be an issue for him.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how many people that say "best prospect since Manning" were actually around to see Manning as a prospect?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There were so many great pro prospects since Manning who just didn't pan out.
The best pro prospect since Peyton is really overused in draft circles.

Hell think back if you can when Carson Palmer came out of USC. The best pro QB prospect to come out of the Pac12 since Elway/Aikman.

There have been several potentially great pro QB prospects over the last 15 years.

Bridgewater isn't among the top 5 QB prospects of the last decade+.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worries about Bridgewater seem like the same worries that come with 90% of top QB prospects. If they're not nearly flawless, fans don't think they should be a top 10 pick. Bridgewater isn't passing for 350+ yards and running for 100 yards every week vs top ranked, so he's not being perceived as dominant enough.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:24 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
The worries about Bridgewater seem like the same worries that come with 90% of top QB prospects. If they're not nearly flawless, fans don't think they should be a top 10 pick. Bridgewater isn't passing for 350+ yards and running for 100 yards every week vs top ranked, so he's not being perceived as dominant enough.
I just don't get why suddenly he's a "can't miss prospect" and whoever is picking #1 should definitely take him. Kind of the same with Clowney.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I just don't get why suddenly he's a "can't miss prospect" and whoever is picking #1 should definitely take him. Kind of the same with Clowney.
Who said he's can't miss? There's no such thing as a can't miss prospect.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
There were so many great pro prospects since Manning who just didn't pan out.
The best pro prospect since Peyton is really overused in draft circles.

Hell think back if you can when Carson Palmer came out of USC. The best pro QB prospect to come out of the Pac12 since Elway/Aikman.

There have been several potentially great pro QB prospects over the last 15 years.

Bridgewater isn't among the top 5 QB prospects of the last decade+.
Well, I have been following the draft religiously since 2001. So I guess their could have been a prospect better than Luck or Bridgewater in those three years, but I doubt it. Bridgewater isn't top 5 in the last decade? Whats your top five? I would rank them: Luck, Bridgewater, Eli, Palmer, RG3/Newton.

Who else could possibly be ahead of him? MAYBE stafford. Bradford? no. Matt Ryan? no. Vince Young? no.

What I think happens entirely too much in draft circles is that people see how a prospect panned out and then just forget all the questions marks that surrounded them at the time. Although hes a future hall of famer, you cant say that Aaron Rodgers was a better prospect than Bridgewater, because he isn't. Bridgewater may be a giant bust in the NFL, but that doesn't mean that he isn't about Rodgers as a prospect.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bridgewater was that good there
wouldn't be talk a RS-Freshman would be the #1 pick if eligible.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, I have been following the draft religiously since 2001. So I guess their could have been a prospect better than Luck or Bridgewater in those three years, but I doubt it. Bridgewater isn't top 5 in the last decade? Whats your top five? I would rank them: Luck, Bridgewater, Eli, Palmer, RG3/Newton.

Who else could possibly be ahead of him? MAYBE stafford. Bradford? no. Matt Ryan? no. Vince Young? no.

What I think happens entirely too much in draft circles is that people see how a prospect panned out and then just forget all the questions marks that surrounded them at the time. Although hes a future hall of famer, you cant say that Aaron Rodgers was a better prospect than Bridgewater, because he isn't. Bridgewater may be a giant bust in the NFL, but that doesn't mean that he isn't about Rodgers as a prospect.
Roethlisberger and Rivers were both really good prospects I would easily rank ahead of Bridgewater.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cam Newton was easily a better prospect than Bridgewater is now.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
People were calling for Winston to be the #1 pick after his first 3 games and at the time I knew that was just absurd. People are going to find holes in Winston's game next year just like they do with every Qb prospect and just like Bridgewater there will be those who talk about how overrated they are.

As for the talk of where Bridgewater ranks among Qb prospects from the past decade I think that it's very subjective. In terms of physical tools he wouldn't rate very high but he might just be #2 behind Luck in terms of being a polished passer and cerebral player.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teddy Bridgewater reminds me of a David Carr coming out of college. Good at just about everything but nothing off the charts in any one are. Can easily see him going first but overall would rank him behind Mariota, Winston and Hackenberg among all collegians.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were to compare Bridgewater to a bust, I would compare him to Tim Couch before David Carr
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Nobody said that but you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Jameis Winston 1/1 overall right now. The rape allegation bothers me a lot, but if no more charges are filed then I have no problem hyping Winston's stock.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
If I were to compare Bridgewater to a bust, I would compare him to Tim Couch before David Carr
I actually wasn't trying to compare Bridgewater to a bust just someone with a similar skill set. If I wanted to compare him to a bust I'd say Akili smith? I've tried to stay away from that one.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After what happened to Barkley and Murray, do you think Petty and Bortles will go pro?

Also, Petty will be 23 years old in 3 weeks after the 2014 draft.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I'd take Jameis Winston 1/1 overall right now. The rape allegation bothers me a lot, but if no more charges are filed then I have no problem hyping Winston's stock.
I'm just not sure what to make of that. The DNA test had the result the defense expected so I don't really care about that. I do wonder why it's such a big deal now, when he was a suspect back at the start of the year. So, overall, I'd rather not let this case sway my opinion of him unless he's convicted.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:20 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
The massive lulls I've seen him have where he's missing receivers and just seems completely uninterested and throws at a very well-covered receiver bothers me, yes. I don't know anything about his preparation, apparently that's great according to scouts, but why he suddenly seems to go into gunslinger mode, completely opposite of the QB he's supposed to be, really throws me off.
I can see where you coming from here. I remember RG3 being a little similar - but it tended to be tied to the tempo of the offense. The Oklahoma game which won him the Heisman, the first half of that game they didn't play that fast and he looked very average. After the half it was tempo and he looked like a different player.

Bridgewater at times looks too laid back - strikes me that the best QB's aren't like that. Just might be the kind of player that when it all works you say how cool he is - but when it doesn't then he's not giving it everything.

Having said that, he's further along in terms of being a guy who can get through his progressions (either in the pocket or extending a play) than Mariota who is a 1 or 2 read and run guy at the moment.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote