Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:05 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default J-Mike 88 career most likely over.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...r-neck-surgery

"I will give you a little snibbet," Chmura said. "I got a chance to talk to Jermichael Finley before the game, and I would bet my bottom dollar his career's over. Over. He needs surgery, and it's herniated in (the C3 and C4 vertebrae) ... He's definitely not gonna play in Green Bay, I'd put my house on that."

Said Chmura: "I believe he's undergoing surgery on Thursday. ... He literally could not move his neck."

That is sad to see. He seemed to be turning it around lately, playing much better and acting a lot more mature on the field. Hopefully everything ends up alright, I have a neighbor who can't move his neck from a swimming pool incident and he has gone on to live a great life. As long as the doctors don't mess it up in surgery any more he should be fine, probably time for him to step away from the game though.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to believe that this is probably a fair assessment, but I will point out that Chmura is usually full of ****.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to know that Chmura has become a medical expert now that his days of post-prom hot tubbing with high school girls are over.

I agree it's probably accurate that his playing career is over, but Mark Chmura isn't the guy I'd go to for a judgement on it. While it is true that similar neck stuff ended his own career, every situation is different and I would wager there have been improvements in treatment of these injuries in the last 15 years. Talk to me when a doctor or Finley himself says he is done.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Chmura likes slightly underage girls. Have a seat right over there. Do you like the brownies? Isn't 150 miles a long way to drive at 3:00 in the morning?
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Always sad when a SWDC poster's career comes to an end. It was a rollercoaster ride of a career, but damn, those injuriezzzzz.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Always sad when a SWDC poster's career comes to an end. It was a rollercoaster ride of a career, but damn, those injuriezzzzz.
I was disappointed by the content, after reading the title.

Good luck to Finley. He was playing well in his contract year.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My name is a clusterfuck.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't he have like a $10M insurance policy in place?
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
Doesn't he have like a $10M insurance policy in place?
Yes, there was an MMQ article, which was a great read, in which he said that he had taken out an insurance policy. He said it was painful to make the payments but he is so glad that he did because now even if he can't play again his family is financially secure.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to say it, about time. Over the hill.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I'm going to say it, about time. Over the hill.
Way to kick a guy when he's down
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over the hill? He's 26. He's four months younger than Jimmy Graham.

Last edited by WCH : 11-12-2013 at 03:07 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What else is new.
Sterling Sharpe. Terrence Murphy. Nick Collins. Jermichael Finley. Tim Lewis....... necks forced all out early.

LochNess, great find there, hilarious.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Mark Chmura likes slightly underage girls. Have a seat right over there. Do you like the brownies? Isn't 150 miles a long way to drive at 3:00 in the morning?
Premise: 8/10
Execution: 1/10
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly had a feeling as soon as the injury happened that this was it for him...I had read stories about how his family was urging him to quit after his last concussion...And this one was one of the more serious ones Ive seen.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I just read how he just had a spinal fusion. I could definitely be wrong but if this is indeed the case I feel like Finley is done.

Edit: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...fusion-surgery
He will go through with the surgery. I thought i read that he had already oh well

Last edited by NOLAFan : 11-13-2013 at 07:40 PM.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought jmike was dead or never coming back... ah one can hope
Old 11-14-2013, 06:48 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
i thought jmike was dead or never coming back... ah one can hope
I haven't gone anywhere, lately. Sorry.
But so funny, try something original there next time.....
Old 11-14-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

You guys wonder why I hate injuriezzzz more than the next guy?

These are just the necks.
Someone want to fill me in on their team's recent history of losing players, good, great players, to these things?

Quote:
Nick Collins, a three-time Pro Bowl safety who had just won a Super Bowl anchoring that Packers backside, was released by the Packers in 2012 after he suffered a herniated disc between the C3 and C4 vertebrae and underwent single spinal-fusion surgery. Dr. Frank Camissa performed Collins’ surgery in New York, and while it was deemed a success, the Packers medical staff was unwilling to clear Collins to return to football. Collins still is hopeful to play again but has not found a team willing to give him a chance.

Chmura knows from personal experience about neck injuries, He underwent surgery in 1999 to fuse the C5 and C6 vertebrae and never played again.

Meanwhile, safety Sean Richardson, who suffered a neck injury last year and underwent spinal fusion surgery to fuse the C5 and C6 vertebrae, practiced for the first time Wednesday after starting the season on the physically unable to perform list.

Historically, the Packers have been reluctant to activate players who suffered neck injuries. In addition to Collins and Chmura (and 1st round pick Tim Lewis in the 80's), other ex-Packers who never played again after neck injuries include wide receiver Sterling Sharpe, who suffered a C1-C2 disk injury late in the 1994 season; safety Gary Berry, who suffered a bruised spinal column as a rookie in 2000; wide receiver Terrence Murphy, who suffered a bruised spinal cord as a rookie in 2005; offensive lineman Tony Palmer, who suffered a fractured vertebrae in 2007; and linebacker Jeremy Thompson, who suffered a bruised spinal cord in practice in 2009.

Chmura would bet his house on Finley never playing another down for the Packers.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jermichael Finley signed a 2 year 14 million dollar deal two years ago. He also has a insurance policy for 10 million dollars if he doesn't play again.

The guy should hang'em up. He had a bad head injury and now a really bad neck injury.

He will have made 24 million dollars. He and his family will be ok. Football is not everything. These guys play to make money which he has made.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was hoping that'd be the case :(

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:04 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Jermichael Finley signed a 2 year 14 million dollar deal two years ago. He also has a insurance policy for 10 million dollars if he doesn't play again.

The guy should hang'em up. He had a bad head injury and now a really bad neck injury.

He will have made 24 million dollars. He and his family will be ok. Football is not everything. These guys play to make money which he has made.
He should, and the Packers will push him that way too, just like Nick Collins 2 seasons ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I was hoping that'd be the case :(
Professional comedians?
Old 11-26-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great poster good guy, sad to see him go but that's why we SWDC american football
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
great poster good guy, sad to see him go but that's why we SWDC american football
I hatez injuriez.

Why you revive this thread?
I almost forgot we lost J-Mike and Randall Cobb for the season, was so distracted by the loss of Rodgers for the whole month of November at least.....

No I sad again.