Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-19-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I am ok with that loss. The Panthers are a very good team on both sides of the ball and there's a clear argument that we should have pulled out a victory there. The penalties don't bother me, as there were plenty called (or not called) going both ways, as always.

There'd be lots of sprints for any team I've ever been part of for the stupid penalties and loss of composure.
I agree with this! We have 3 losses so far and 2 came when the offense couldn't get out of its own way. Despite only playing 2 competent offensive games all year we have lost 3 games by a combined 14 points (I think) and played 2 of the top 6 teams in the league.

It is no embarassment to lose to a Panthers team that played really solid, mistake free football. There were missed opportunities though and we should have won. Logan Ryan and Devin McCourty hindered each other on the ill-advised pass by Cam on the sprint out and Marquice Cole was a step slow on the last drive when Cam overthrew Lafell (I believe). Add in the whiff by Solder on the first drive and the 3rd and 1 call and we really should have taken this game home.

If the offense keeps going like the last 2 weeks I see no reason why we can't finish at 12-4. Really, the #1 seed is probably gone unless we beat Denver, KC beat Denver and KC lose some silly games. 12-4 though should get the #2 seed

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I hate PFT. They now have an article up saying that regardless of the penalty (or non penalty in this case) people aren't talking about the route Gronk run or the pass Brady threw.

Firstly, that's horseshit because if you read anything they talk about Gronk not working back to the ball and Brady came out himself and said it was a bad pass.

Secondly, it doesn't matter if it was a bad pass or a bad route, it shouldn't affect the penalty. I don't remember seeing too many articles anywhere stating that a team got a penalty but it shouldn't overshadow how bad a route someone ran

Old 11-21-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team needs a healthy Dennard and Talib to go anywhere in the playoffs. As was the case in the AFC championship game Arrington and Cole create this massive achilles heal that teams immediately go after. If those 2 are healthy and playing well I actually like our defense a decent amount sans a few spots. I really hope Harmon holds on to his spot when Gregory comes back though, this past week was night and day between those 2.

Right now we're getting acceptable pressure, taking away the long ball, and for as much as our run d has been a talking point I feel like we've been able to get stops when we've made a concerted effort to do so. I think the potential to be a 17 ppg type defense has gone out the window, but I still think we can play acceptably. However, with Cole and Arrington in there on the outside we might as well just give up.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
This team needs a healthy Dennard and Talib to go anywhere in the playoffs. As was the case in the AFC championship game Arrington and Cole create this massive achilles heal that teams immediately go after. If those 2 are healthy and playing well I actually like our defense a decent amount sans a few spots. I really hope Harmon holds on to his spot when Gregory comes back though, this past week was night and day between those 2.

Right now we're getting acceptable pressure, taking away the long ball, and for as much as our run d has been a talking point I feel like we've been able to get stops when we've made a concerted effort to do so. I think the potential to be a 17 ppg type defense has gone out the window, but I still think we can play acceptably. However, with Cole and Arrington in there on the outside we might as well just give up.
Yeah I agree with pretty much all of this. I would rather sit Talib and Dennard for a few weeks extra to have them healthy rather than thrpowing them into the fire although with the #2 seed on the line I don't see that happening.

The defense is good enough with those two guys to get some stops. As you mentioned they aren't going to be elite but they should be able to get off the field enough for the offense to take over.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go away for 2.5 months and holy ****... no Wilfork, Kelly, or Mayo?

At least we are good... correction, better than Miami, Buffalo and New York.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys I am so happy right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This doesn't make up for the Jets or Panthers ****-up games, but it sure is nice for something to go the Pats' way for once. And it's not like they didn't earn it within the game with the 17 points they spotted Denver before they actually started playing.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:18 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Yesterday literally could not have gone any better for the Pats. Jets and Dolphins lose which puts us up 3 games in the division with 5 left to play. The Colts lost which puts us up 1 game on them for the second seed, but with both Denver and KC losing the #1 seed is definitely a possibility now. One of those teams will lose next week which means the other would need to lose a game.

If Denver beat KC I think they run the table as their only tough game would be San Diego, however if the Chiefs win their schedule is pretty tough down the stretch.

I just hope the Pats don't lose another silly game because their schedule sure looks favorable right now. Houston, Cleveland, Miami, Baltimore and Buffalo - thats a combined record of 20-35

Old 11-25-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow is all I have to say.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I missed the game and my DVR screwed up too. Hope to catch the re-air.
But everyone knows how superstitious sports fans are, right?
This means I can't watch another game this season.

Seriously though, this is one weird season, league wide. Even weirder for us.
I can't remember this team making so many mistakes and yet still remain in every game.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say, I'm all in on the 2 rookie Rutgers DBs. I was initially irked a bit by the selection of them, but they're just 2 very solid and fundamentally sound players. I really love the way that Logan Ryan has been playing. He just physically dominates people. He'll never have the speed to be a #1, but between him and Dennard, having two young #2's isn't the worst problem to have especially when it only costs you a 3rd and a 7th round pick. I certainly don't mind our change of philosophy when drafting DB's.

Edit*
I'd actually extend that to the majority of our rookie class. I'm ecstatic with the contributions of everyone sans Boyce and Collins. Going forward I really only see Dobson as a long term starter for this team, but there are a lot of very solid rookie contributors on this team, and most of them will retain some role going forward.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 11-25-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I have to say, I'm all in on the 2 rookie Rutgers DBs. I was initially irked a bit by the selection of them, but they're just 2 very solid and fundamentally sound players. I really love the way that Logan Ryan has been playing. He just physically dominates people. He'll never have the speed to be a #1, but between him and Dennard, having two young #2's isn't the worst problem to have especially when it only costs you a 3rd and a 7th round pick. I certainly don't mind our change of philosophy when drafting DB's.

Edit*
I'd actually extend that to the majority of our rookie class. I'm ecstatic with the contributions of everyone sans Boyce and Collins. Going forward I really only see Dobson as a long term starter for this team, but there are a lot of very solid rookie contributors on this team, and most of them will retain some role going forward.
I have a lot of thoughts on these points, but firstly, yes to the Rutgers DBs. Ryan has played so well for us, and I almost wonder why he isn't our primary 3 guy over Arrington. Harmon rarely has his name called which is all you can ask for from a guy at safety, or should I say, a guy like him at least.

Collins actually made a nice play on that welker pass to knock it away in OT, and a couple times got through the line up the middle. I'm not over enthusiastic on him either tho. Speaking of Dobson, where was he last night? Didn't even see him on the field. Boyce is pretty much non existent which is not a good sign given that this year weve been begging for someone to fill a void at WR.

The line looked so bad last night, so so bad. Brady did a really great job of moving in the pocket, he had one awesome step up in OT to get the ball to Edelman that at first glance looked like he was going to be sacked. He played really really well last night. I'm still bitter Vereen dropped that perfect pass from him tho :(

Ridley.....goodbye. He looked so dominant running the ball on that first drive, and then had to go and fumble yet AGAIN. Good lord, I just can't justify getting him in the game at this point even considering he is the best runner out of the group.

We need to do something about the run defense however. Letting slowshon run for over 200 is unacceptable.

Still so happy right tho.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I think we all knew Jamie Collins was a project this year and while he may never be a great player he is something we have never had, a guy who can play adequate coverage as well as rush the passer. He should hopefully develop into a good role player.

I'm not sure about Dobson last night either. He has looked pretty good the last few weeks so not sure if it was a scheme thing or an injury thing. In saying that, yesterday was not a day to throw outside the numbers so I wasn't expecting much at all.

Boyce is really disappointing though. It could be that Amendola and Edelman are keeping him off the active roster, but you would think he could have done something when Amendola was out.

Really impressed with the DBs.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The stadium fans clearly stuck it out, as Gillette looked pretty well packed for the whole game. I must give kudos there, though I'm not really surprised b/c you know only the hardcore fans were showing up in that weather to begin with.

I wonder how many people went to bed and missed that? Just awesome. 31 straight coming out of halftime is incredible, especially from the defense.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
The stadium fans clearly stuck it out, as Gillette looked pretty well packed for the whole game. I must give kudos there, though I'm not really surprised b/c you know only the hardcore fans were showing up in that weather to begin with.

I wonder how many people went to bed and missed that? Just awesome. 31 straight coming out of halftime is incredible, especially from the defense.
I was there and honestly almost left at the half. I went to the bathroom and it took like 20 minutes, I will admit that is probably the only reason I stayed because we scored when I got out. First game I have been to since the Chiefs MNF game and I will probably not see another one like it. Work at 8AM today and I am seriously hurting, didn't get home until a little before 3. But I regret nothing, that was unbelievable.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woohoo! What an effin game!
I also ask loving our rookies. Harmon and Ryan played well, Collins made some plays and Thompkins was making some great grabs.
I read before the game that Dobson was unlikely to play due to injury.

Excited!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I think what yesterday showed to me is that there is no team in the AFC the Pats should fear in the playoffs. 3 fumbles gifted the Broncos 17 points in the first 8 minutes and we still won despite being shut out for the first half. The Colts are just crazy. They could beat us but on another day we could drop 50 on them. The Chiefs don't have any offense outside of Charles and the AFC North isn't much. Honestly, #1 seed or not I think the Pats would probably be the favorite for the AFC right now despite how bad they have looked at times this year.

The Broncos have played 3 good teams and lost twice. Added in that Manning doesn't play well in January and I would fancy the Pats to pull that out in the playoffs.

The NFC is a different animal though. I see at least 5 teams from there who I would really hate to play;

Seattle
New Orleans
Arizona
San Francisco
Carolina

Old 11-25-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think what yesterday showed to me is that there is no team in the AFC the Pats should fear in the playoffs. 3 fumbles gifted the Broncos 17 points in the first 8 minutes and we still won despite being shut out for the first half. The Colts are just crazy. They could beat us but on another day we could drop 50 on them. The Chiefs don't have any offense outside of Charles and the AFC North isn't much. Honestly, #1 seed or not I think the Pats would probably be the favorite for the AFC right now despite how bad they have looked at times this year.

The Broncos have played 3 good teams and lost twice. Added in that Manning doesn't play well in January and I would fancy the Pats to pull that out in the playoffs.

The NFC is a different animal though. I see at least 5 teams from there who I would really hate to play;

Seattle
New Orleans
Arizona
San Francisco
Carolina
I wouldn't mind playing either Carolina again or Arizona. I'm not sure why Arizona would scare us, I'd rather play them than the Chiefs.

Either way thats a long long long way away from what we should be worrying about. We need to win out to even have a chance at the 1 seed, so with that in mind, do we root for the Chiefs this weekend or Broncos? I can see the chiefs losing another game this year but I think the Broncos can continue to roll (although Idk what their schedule is like).

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-25-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man last night was such an incredible win. I'm hoping that the porous run defense was a result of the Pats doing such a good job defending the Bronco's receivers. It's incredible that Demaryius Thomas didn't have a catch until the end of the fourth quarter. Talib is playing amazing, he's doing such a good job of taking away the other team's top WR. However I get so nervous when he comes out of the game. The secondary always seems to fall apart when that happens and they have to depend on Cole covering someone.

I think we can all say Jamie Collins had a break out game last night. He got ten of his 25 tackles of the season in last night's game and that play at the end where he jarred the ball loose from Welker was so clutch. It's also great to see Brady finally have a solid cast of targets to throw to, Thompkins, Dobson, Gronkowski, and Edelman are all playing great and Brady looks more comfortable with them then he's ever been.

That being said I'm a little concerned about the interior of the offensive line as usual. I think at the moment that is the offense's weak spot. My other concern is Edelman returning punts. I know last night was a difficult night to be a punt returner but that one return where he muffed it and then fumbled it again would have been disastrous if it wasn't recovered by the Pats. It seems that's he's had a difficult time returning punts this year, I also have a hard time forgetting that one play earlier in the year when for some reason he tried to pitch the ball.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I wouldn't mind playing either Carolina again or Arizona. I'm not sure why Arizona would scare us, I'd rather play them than the Chiefs.

Either way thats a long long long way away from what we should be worrying about. We need to win out to even have a chance at the 1 seed, so with that in mind, do we root for the Chiefs this weekend or Broncos? I can see the chiefs losing another game this year but I think the Broncos can continue to roll (although Idk what their schedule is like).
Def The chiefs, imo. I would worry about Arizona because they have the type of defense that can give Brady fits.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs' schedule is pretty brutal the rest of the way. They're really thin, too. They wasted opportunities to get Knile Davis worked into the offense early in the year and now they can't use him because they're afraid he'll fumble. Charles gets hurt and this team goes 9-7 on the season. Seriously.

They really are terrible at scheming to get anyone else the ball and Alex Smith is bad at adjusting the protection at the line. They lose Charles, they lose any form of blitz pickup on top of 36% of their offense. Things just get insanely worse from therein.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just redrafted for New England from 2005, taking into account years of FA departures and how my picks would have gone, although I kept every trade intact. I didn't factor in any free agent signings. There were some VERY dark times early (Chad Jackson in 2006, Brandon Meriweather in 2007, Rey Maualuga and Everette Brown in 2009, etc.), but the team actually rebounded very well and would be stacked if it had gone this way. Final result:

QB Tom Brady
RB DeMarco Murray
FB James Casey
WR Alshon Jeffery - Golden Tate - LaVon Brazill
TE Jordan Reed
LT Charles Brown
LG Larry Warford
OC Stefen Wisniewski
RG Clint Boling
RT Marcus Cannon

LE Everson Griffen
DT Jared Odrick
NT Vince Wilfork
RE Carlos Dunlap
LB Lavonte David
LB DeMeco Ryans
LB Dannell Ellerbe
LC Brandon Flowers
FS Harrison Smith
SS William Moore
SC Alfonzo Dennard
RC Prince Amukamara
Old 11-28-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Full results:

2005:

32. OC David Baas, Michigan
84. CB Brandon Browner, Oregon St.
100. DE Chris Canty, Virginia
133. LB Robert McCune, Louisville
170. DT Anthony Bryant, Alabama
230. QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, Harvard
255. DE Simon Fraser, Ohio St.

2006:

21. LB DeMeco Ryans, Alabama
36. WR Chad Jackson, Florida
86. DT Gabe Watson, Michigan
106. CB Will Blackmon, Boston College
118. LB Parys Haralson, Tennessee
136. DT Rodrique Wright, Texas
191. DE Stanley McClover, Auburn
205. OG Dan Stevenson, Notre Dame
206. LB Pierre Woods, Michigan

2007:

24. FS Brandon Meriweather, Miami (FL)
127. WR Steve Breaston, Michigan
171. LB H.B. Blades, Pittsburgh
180. LB Prescott Burgess, Michigan
202. LB Brandon Siler, Florida
208. CB Mike Richardson, Notre Dame
209. WR Dallas Baker, Florida
211. OG Dan Santucci, Notre Dame
238. RB Kenneth Darby, Alabama
247. C Mike Elgin, Iowa

10. CB Brandon Flowers, Virginia Tech
62. LB Dan Connor, Penn St.
78. LB Shawn Crable, Michigan
94. CB Justin King, Penn St.
129. DT Frank Okam, Texas
153. OG Donald Thomas, Connecticut
197. RB Mike Hart, Michigan

34. LB Rey Maualuga, Southern California
40. LB Everette Brown, Florida St.
41. SS William Moore, Missouri
58. RB Shonn Greene, Iowa
83. TE James Casey, Rice
97. RB Mike Goodson, Texas A&M
123. WR Louis Murphy, Florida
170. RB Javon Ringer, Michigan St.
198. DT Myron Pryor, Kentucky
207. WR Manuel Johnson, Oklahoma
232. QB Graham Harrell, Texas Tech
234. LB Dannell Ellerbe, Georgia

27. DT Jared Odrick, Penn St.
42. DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida
53. WR Golden Tate, Notre Dame
62. OT Charles Brown, Southern California
90. DE Everson Griffen, Southern California
113. DE Ricky Sapp, Clemson
150. TE Anthony McCoy, Southern California
205. SS Myron Rolle, Florida St.
208. DE George Selvie, South Florida

2011:

17. CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska
33. OC Stefen Wisniewski, Penn St.
56. RB DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma
73. OG Clint Boling, Georgia
74. LB Sam Acho, Texas
138. OT Marcus Cannon, Texas Christian
159. LB Chris Carter, Fresno St.
194. DT Jerrell Powe, Mississippi
219. DE Greg Romeus, Pittsburgh

2012:

21. FS Harrison Smith, Notre Dame
25. WR Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina
48. LB Lavonte David, Nebraska
90. DT Brandon Thompson, Clemson
197. WR LaVon Brazill, Ohio
224. CB Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska

2013:

52. DE Margus Hunt, Southern Methodist
59. OG Larry Warford, Kentucky
83. TE Jordan Reed, Florida
91. DE Alex Okafor, Texas
102. OG Barrett Jones, Alabama
226. DE Michael Buchanan, Illinois
235. OT Reid Fragel, Ohio St.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

That defense would be real nice, but give me our offense as is right now.

Alshon and Golden Tate would be nice but that offensive line and no Gronk is lightyears worse than what we are now. Although I really like Warford and Wis.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Stevan Ridley is a healthy scratch today...