Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Joe Flacco on wild cat

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...chool-offense/

Very shocked to see Joe come out and clown on the wild cat like that. Should be real interesting to see how he plays on Thursday. This can't be good when a QB is calling out your offensive gameplan like that. When he did line up at WR he just stood there and did nothing. Not even fake a route or make a block. He is clearly unhappy with it I hope its a wake up call for him.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, he's right.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
“I think it makes you look like a high school offense,” Flacco said
Who cares how you look? The only metric on which any player or coach should judge a play by is it's success.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The wildcat is getting to be ridiculous sometimes, when I see it ran in the NFL...it typically gets stuffed. Some college teams do alright with it from time to time but its not very successful anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
The wildcat is getting to be ridiculous sometimes, when I see it ran in the NFL...it typically gets stuffed. Some college teams do alright with it from time to time but its not very successful anymore.
Agreed 100%. It's been years since a team has done it effectively on a consistent basis. Cribbs and Brad Smith were the last ones I remember doing it with some effectiveness. Doing it with Tyrod Taylor is just crap and a waste of a play. Although some of the comments callin Flacco a high school QB made me laugh.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we all agree that the wildcat needs to stop but Im interested in seeing how the media will react to flacco calling out his OC gameplan like that
Old 11-26-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My question would be, what is the purpose of lining Flacco up at WR in the wildcat? Why he is on the field in this scenario? It's just asking for someone to take a shot at him. Not every team keeps their regular QB on the field when they do this. Is it to catch them off guard? They don't expect wildcat because Flacco is in the huddle, so it keeps a certain defensive package off the field. But at the same time as soon as they see Taylor in the huddle, they know something is up.

I wonder if he would feel differently if he just came off the field when it is ran.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
My question would be, what is the purpose of lining Flacco up at WR in the wildcat? Why he is on the field in this scenario? It's just asking for someone to take a shot at him. Not every team keeps their regular QB on the field when they do this. Is it to catch them off guard? They don't expect wildcat because Flacco is in the huddle, so it keeps a certain defensive package off the field. But at the same time as soon as they see Taylor in the huddle, they know something is up.

I wonder if he would feel differently if he just came off the field when it is ran.
I doubt he would feel differently. I think its just his competitive spirit speaking, he thinks the O would work better with him being the QB the whole time. That is good but complaining about it to the media probably isn't the best idea
Old 11-26-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I doubt he would feel differently. I think its just his competitive spirit speaking, he thinks the O would work better with him being the QB the whole time. That is good but complaining about it to the media probably isn't the best idea
I saw the media ask him directly about it in the post game and he just gave an honest answer.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Flacco was more productive from the pocket the Ravens wouldn't be so desperate to find something to jumpstart their offense.
God I know he had a great playoffs and won a SB, but FLacco looks putrid this season.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Who cares how you look? The only metric on which any player or coach should judge a play by is it's success.
You mean the zero success it has?
Old 11-27-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea u can come put and say stuff like that when you just won a SB and secured yourself a 120 mill contract…

I remember when he was a rookie in a game against the raiders and they ran some wildcat play and sent flacco on a streak and he he laid out and made a diving over the shoulder catch. That was the day I realized Flacco was a much better athlete than advertised.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:34 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
yea u can come put and say stuff like that when you just won a SB and secured yourself a 120 mill contract…

I remember when he was a rookie in a game against the raiders and they ran some wildcat play and sent flacco on a streak and he he laid out and made a diving over the shoulder catch. That was the day I realized Flacco was a much better athlete than advertised.
Yeah, I remember that play too.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...mith-to-Flacco

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His first TD was also a 37 yard run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude ran a 4.7 at the combine.

The thing is, Tyrod is your backup QB, and because of that you can take Flacco off the field. One of the reasons why the wildcat kept the QB on the field is because of the NFL's QB rules, where you can only play your starter or backup, and once a 3rd QB is on the field the 1st 2 are disqualified from returning (if it's in the first 3 quarters)

At least, that used to be the rule. They probably changed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Dude ran a 4.7 at the combine.

The thing is, Tyrod is your backup QB, and because of that you can take Flacco off the field. One of the reasons why the wildcat kept the QB on the field is because of the NFL's QB rules, where you can only play your starter or backup, and once a 3rd QB is on the field the 1st 2 are disqualified from returning (if it's in the first 3 quarters)

At least, that used to be the rule. They probably changed it.
I distinctly remember reading it was because while you're in the huddle, the defense will keep it's personnel in believing your QB is going to be under center. Then when you break the huddle, and your QB is no longer lined up anywhere near the center, it's to late to change personnel to account for the RB (or back up QB in this case) receiving the snap.

So now as a defense, you're wasting a cornerback to cover a crappy receiver (your QB) - and your defensive line / linebackers aren't built for the other 10 players on offense which are aiming to run the ball now.

And to add to the confusion, the fist 3 times the defense saw this formation that day, it was a run play, but now the running back (or back up QB in this case) is throwing the ball just to keep you honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
You mean the zero success it has?
I was not talking about the wild cat's success. I was saying Flacco should be worried about success, not how he looks. He should have said "The wildcat is not successful and we should stop running it as a team" if that's what he wants, instead of digging at his offense coordinator saying it looks like a high school play.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote