Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-27-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so happy that the Super Bowl is going to be played outdoors in the awful weather. So so happy. It's about time.

Good thing too, since the Chiefs are already used to playing in cold conditions. :D

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playing the Super Bowl in NYC is hilariously dumb. Going to be a horrific fan experience. I'll enjoy watching from my living room though.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Playing the Super Bowl in NYC is hilariously dumb. Going to be a horrific fan experience. I'll enjoy watching from my living room though.
A very low percentage of people who go to the Super Bowl are real fans of either team anyway. It's all about the before and after parties and the spectacle of it. They're not there for the game, they're there because it's a big thing to do, a big party.

If this means less of those people attend, and more of the actual fans get to go, good. That's how it should be.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
A very low percentage of people who go to the Super Bowl are real fans of either team anyway. It's all about the before and after parties and the spectacle of it. They're not there for the game, they're there because it's a big thing to do, a big party.

If this means less of those people attend, and more of the actual fans get to go, good. That's how it should be.
Eh. I see that argument, but I don't think the Super Bowl belongs in a cold weather city if you're going to play it at a neutral site. If you want to have it be more about the real fans and less about the spectacle, just give the team from the stronger conference home field.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
yup. there is no fan experience. really, it's just going to make getting around new york a **** show for a week. i mean, moreso than usual.

but honestly, i couldn't care less if people whine about the city. cold weather in new york is still a far better experience for anyone attending than perfect weather in jacksonville or tempe (sorry, fenikz). and i hate new york city.
So, this could also be influencing my opinion too. It will be hell. There will be an influx of tourists to sleep with I guess.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
and a lot of them should be prettier/richer than average.
Maybe even some with pink hair. Although I may be better off just going to Williamsburg for that.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what you're saying is that you want me to crash on your couch for the weekend?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Like you'll show up.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
games in a dome, on turf, in perfect air conditioning might as well be a track meet. further, if your team is incapable of playing in poor weather, you have no business winning a super bowl. i *hate* games played in domes. with a high degree of passion. but i also don't have an issue with a tough, grind it out game that doesn't end in a triple-digit combined score.

*shrug* maybe i'm wrong. how many teams in a dome have ever had top ten defenses, versus top ten offenses?
I dunno. I wouldn't be opposed to every game being played outside. It's just weird that some games are in perfect weather, and some are in total slosh where guys can barely run without slipping.

It's not about the score either, but good defense is different from weather bogging down those scores. It brings a degree of randomness to the game that I don't think really benefits anyone. I just don't like athletic affairs to be random, it's kind of like letting someone win the coin toss and giving them a kickoff at halftime AND the start.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I expense you for mileage? It's $0.565/mile per the IRS.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-27-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Can I expense you for mileage? It's $0.565/mile per the IRS.
You can try submitting to my company. Doubt it will take too long to find the shredder though. I, however, am getting a car to Long Island tonight.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
You can try submitting to my company. Doubt it will take too long to find the shredder though. I, however, am getting a car to Long Island tonight.
Meh, our company paid for one of our marketing execs to clean her condo in California, so I can make it work. Why are you going to Long Island?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-27-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Meh, our company paid for one of our marketing execs to clean her condo in California, so I can make it work. Why are you going to Long Island?
Visiting the parents/family for Thanksgiving.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** domes, if you think domes are superior you better have an arena football team to root for.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't think of many teams that play in a dome that played well on the road against a non-dome team in the playoffs. Or at least won the game. The Colts against the Ravens in 2006 and then the Super Bowl against the Bears is the last I remember. I'm sure there are some others, but that one sticks out to me.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I don't need 5-year-old kids telling me how to play the quarterback position"

-Old Man Weeden
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Bill Polian on this one.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
FIRE UP THE KD CANNON!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great drive for Detroit, just gotta hang on to the ball.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
FIRE UP THE KD CANNON!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pack D was gonna need some Lions eff ups to help them out today. So far so good
Old 11-28-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
White Shoes was a classic. Want to say Elmo Wright was the first to do an end zone dance at the U of Houston. Might be wrong.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate this team so much sometimes. This game shouldn't even be close.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see MM still dialing up playcalls as if Rodgers is the QB
Old 11-28-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Bush running with a purpose

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I see MM still dialing up playcalls as if Rodgers is the QB
I don't think it matters what plays he calls. If we ran screens every play, I'd imagine they might start to catch on.