Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-02-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Robbieb7
Rookie

Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.
Default 2014 CB Class

Personally I find CB the hardest position to judge. Who are your favorite corners this year? Personally I really like Fuller and Dennard. Jean-Baptiste is a sleeper to keep your eye on.
Robbieb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you reading my mind? Fuller and Dennard are my favorites too. Theyve been the most consistent and productive CBs in their careers. Both are at or near 6'. Both are strong tacklers. When I look at CBs, I either want an elite athlete (Peterson) or a guy who flies under the radar and holds down the WRs he faces consistently.

Jean Baptiste has that potential to turn into a Richard Sherman. Former WR, long, athletic. Decent ball skills. Ill admit its a longshot he becomes the best CB in the league, but very intriguing due to HWS combo.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
dmoneyrockin
Rookie

dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bradley Roby is one of top man corners in this draft. He has clearly been used used improperly used by OSUs inept defensive coaching staff, IMO. There aren't very many CBs in the league have that kinda speed/athletisms/ physicality than Roby.
dmoneyrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No love for Ifo? This guy stays around the ball. Almost every time he is challenged he comes away with a pass break up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieb7 View Post
Personally I find CB the hardest position to judge. Who are your favorite corners this year? Personally I really like Fuller and Dennard. Jean-Baptiste is a sleeper to keep your eye on.
Actually it's one of the easiest once you find a specific CB to lock in on.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 12-02-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find safety to be consistently one of the hardest positions to judge talent on, corners sometimes but most of the time it is more clear I feel.

I think Ifo Ekpre-Olomu is clearly at the top, best combo of coverage ability, size and tackling ability.

Justin Gilbert is coming on strong of late and having a great senior season, low Lamarcus Joyner and think he would be lights out as a slot corner or even a field corner.

Really starting to like junior Josh Shaw on USC. He is all over the place, tall, makes plays, tackles well, should be a big time prospect if he comes out early but might switch to free safety as well.

Like you said Jean-Baptiste is hard to ignore, especially with that size and great athletic ability.

Andre Hal is a big time sleeper, big tough kid, great strength and could be a steal! Jimmy Legree is solid, not great but nice later round pick. And Jemea Thomas I love his potential athletically, still kind of raw but has a big upside.

A little sour on Loucheiz Purifoy, fine talent good in coverage but at times he plays very weak, not really tough and got totally burnt by Benjamin in his last game multiple times. Then again Benjamin should be a top 10 pick if he comes out I feel.

Roby is talent but has made some odd choices on the field at times this season, but good overall athlete and Dennard is extremely solid and very safe pick potentially. Colvin people will sleep on, easy to forget him and Kyle Fuller especially since he was injured so much this year, but kid is a tall athlete that knows how to play.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoneyrockin View Post
I think Bradley Roby is one of top man corners in this draft. He has clearly been used used improperly used by OSUs inept defensive coaching staff, IMO. There aren't very many CBs in the league have that kinda speed/athletisms/ physicality than Roby.
I think Roby is pretty close to an elite athlete. He's still my #1 CB, but he scares me. He's been beat too much this year and is a potential off field concern.

As for Ifo, he's good. Really good. But I frankly don't like his size. I also like Verrett just as much.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
I think Roby is pretty close to an elite athlete. He's still my #1 CB, but he scares me. He's been beat too much this year and is a potential off field concern.

As for Ifo, he's good. Really good. But I frankly don't like his size. I also like Verrett just as much.
I won't be surprised if he's closer to 5'9"

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 12-02-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
A little sour on Loucheiz Purifoy, fine talent good in coverage but at times he plays very weak, not really tough and got totally burnt by Benjamin in his last game multiple times. Then again Benjamin should be a top 10 pick if he comes out.
I like his gifts as far as playing both sides of the ball and Special teams but I can't say that I was high on him like most. I was a bit disappointed that the range/recovery speed didn't show once he got beat.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 12-02-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I won't be surprised if he's closer to 5'9"
That's my thought as well.

FWIW, as of today:

Tier 1
Bradley Roby
Darqueze Dennard

Tier 1.5 (due to size)
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
Jason Verrett
Lamarcus Joyner

Tier 2
Kyle Fuller
Justin Gilbert
EJ Gaines
Marcus Robeson

Tier 3

Louchiez Purifoy
Stanley Jean Baptiste
Andre Hal
Aaron Colvin
Old 12-02-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Who is this year's D.J. Hayden as far as making the biggest leap out of nowhere?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 12-02-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thought on CBS: you don't draft one high unless you have a strong defensive line/front 7. Ask Mark Dominik in Tampa. He still thinks you build from the secondary down.

I like Gilbert a lot. EJ Gaines out of Missouri is awesome. And Ekpre from Oregon are my favorite.

Roby to me is best suited for FS.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ifo is 5095
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:01 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been on the EJ Gaines train for two years now. He's going to make his way up the draft boards.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:42 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Who is this year's D.J. Hayden as far as making the biggest leap out of nowhere?
The kid from Utah Keith McGill - he'll be at the Senior Bowl, would expect the buzz to really build in Mobile.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I've been on the EJ Gaines train for two years now. He's going to make his way up the draft boards.

Especially since he shut down Mike Evans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
The kid from Utah Keith McGill - he'll be at the Senior Bowl, would expect the buzz to really build in Mobile.
I watched him and I like his measureables, but he's allergic to contact. He was more worried about being the guy who let others take the work to make the tackle.