Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft Order as of Nov.26

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

If anybody doesn't think the NFL manages who makes the playoffs and who doesn't, just check out the SOS of the bottom teams versus the SOS of the top 11 teams. That's why people call the NFL, a QB/schedule league. Without a top franchise QB, it is almost impossible for a team to overcome a terrible schedule.

This way, the NFL guarantees a decent turnover in teams that make the playoffs every year. If your team is given a terrible schedule and you don't have a top franchise QB, you are very likely to fall into the bottom of the league, especially if injuries also effect you.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Washington pick is looking better and better every week!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bridgewater or Clowney to Houston? That would be crazy.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok im gonna say the obvious, which is that the opp w-l is THIS YEAR. So much happens between the time the nil puts out the schedule and the time the games are played. they can't possibly predict who will be good, who will be hurt what week, what players will end up on what teams, etc.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

If anybody doesn't think the NFL manages who makes the playoffs and who doesn't, just check out the SOS of the bottom teams versus the SOS of the top 11 teams. That's why people call the NFL, a QB/schedule league. Without a top franchise QB, it is almost impossible for a team to overcome a terrible schedule.

This way, the NFL guarantees a decent turnover in teams that make the playoffs every year. If your team is given a terrible schedule and you don't have a top franchise QB, you are very likely to fall into the bottom of the league, especially if injuries also effect you.
Do you have a clue how scheduling works or are you just spouting off complete BS like you normally do?

You play each division of each conference at intervals, as well as the other teams that finished in the same spot of you the previous year in your conference. For example, the Browns schedule this year.

6 divisional games, 4 games NFC North, 4 games AFC East, Chiefs (finished last in their division last year) and Jaguars (finished last in their division last year)

The NFL doesn't bias anything in scheduling you just have no idea what you're talking about.

Also - Strength of schedule is most likely going to be easier for teams when they have 8 to 10 wins because they actually beat their opponents, making their win-loss lower, making their own strength of schedule lower.

Think.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're making me a more convinced separatist.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Bridgewater or Clowney to Houston? That would be crazy.
Normally I would say that they should take Bridgewater, but pairing Clowney and Watt would be insane.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Do you have a clue how scheduling works or are you just spouting off complete BS like you normally do?

You play each division of each conference at intervals, as well as the other teams that finished in the same spot of you the previous year in your conference. For example, the Browns schedule this year.

6 divisional games, 4 games NFC North, 4 games AFC East, Chiefs (finished last in their division last year) and Jaguars (finished last in their division last year)

The NFL doesn't bias anything in scheduling you just have no idea what you're talking about.

Also - Strength of schedule is most likely going to be easier for teams when they have 8 to 10 wins because they actually beat their opponents, making their win-loss lower, making their own strength of schedule lower.

Think.
I've heard more than once on NFL.com the idea that the NFL is a QB/schedule league, if you happen to draw an easy schedule using the NFL's formula, your chances to make the playoffs rises substantially and if you draw as tough schedule, your chances lowers greatly unless you have a top franchise QB who can overcome this disadvantage. It's a perfect system for the NFL as it guarantees that the playoff teams will not remain consistent no matter how good they looked the year before. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to understand that the NFL designed the system to insure a strong rotation of playoff teams every year.

I know you hate me WinslowBodden because we are both Cleveland Brown's fans and I keep up my criticism of the Brown's management team while you choose to overlook it even though we continue to suffer through losing season after losing season. I'm actually optimistic about the direction of the new management team for a change. Just have to see how they draft.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I continue to overlook what? I thought the Kruger contract was a bit much, hated the selection of Mingo (still do). I liked the Richardson trade, and overall I think the new regime has started off well (who knows what our record is if Hoyer doesn't go down... Someone Lombardi has always been high on). Excuse me for getting a bit excited that we had a chance to make the playoffs for once, I have probably gone to 50-75 games since we have returned, so yeah a little bit of excitement is nice here and there. Realistically, are we good enough to compete in the playoffs, no... Were we ever? No... But I am sick and tired of looking forward to the draft... What has that done for us in the past 15 years? Nothing.

As far as the scheduling theory you are talking about, I don't get how it's "unfair" in any way, in fact it is the definition of a fair schedule.

You play your division, you play 2 other divisions, and you play 2 teams that are supposed to be of similar ability the previous year based on their record. There is never going to be a perfect system but at least this is consistent.

I don't "hate you" I think, while some fans are overly optimistic, that you are the opposite and eternally pessimistic. This team is on it's THIRD QUARTERBACK this year and has one of the youngest rosters in the league. If they had any stability whatsoever on offense maybe they would be competing at a higher level, but they aren't.

We should be playoff contenders next year, if we aren't then something is wrong.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I continue to overlook what? I thought the Kruger contract was a bit much, hated the selection of Mingo (still do). I liked the Richardson trade, and overall I think the new regime has started off well (who knows what our record is if Hoyer doesn't go down... Someone Lombardi has always been high on). Excuse me for getting a bit excited that we had a chance to make the playoffs for once, I have probably gone to 50-75 games since we have returned, so yeah a little bit of excitement is nice here and there. Realistically, are we good enough to compete in the playoffs, no... Were we ever? No... But I am sick and tired of looking forward to the draft... What has that done for us in the past 15 years? Nothing.

As far as the scheduling theory you are talking about, I don't get how it's "unfair" in any way, in fact it is the definition of a fair schedule.

You play your division, you play 2 other divisions, and you play 2 teams that are supposed to be of similar ability the previous year based on their record. There is never going to be a perfect system but at least this is consistent.

I don't "hate you" I think, while some fans are overly optimistic, that you are the opposite and eternally pessimistic. This team is on it's THIRD QUARTERBACK this year and has one of the youngest rosters in the league. If they had any stability whatsoever on offense maybe they would be competing at a higher level, but they aren't.

We should be playoff contenders next year, if we aren't then something is wrong.
Your right, I am pessimistic about the Browns for a long time. Their previous owner left no doubt in my mind that he was totally incompetent and operated from a panic mode with his management hires and fires. I'm just not the type of fan to not face reality, although I stick by my team through the rough years. I don't think Brown's fans know how lucky they were when Lerner sold the team because an owner like him can give you 50 years of misery with no hope.

As for now, I remain unconvinced that Hoyer is anything more than a good backup QB, a couple of good games won't change my opinion until he proves he is more, over a far larger sample. And I know that we won't be a playoff contender until we have a true franchise QB in place even if all the other parts are decent, so I'm still pessimistic about our immediate future.

I'm praying that the solid group of QB's available in this year's draft will finally bare fruit and we'll find our QB of the future. If not, you'll just have to put up with my taste for reality because I don't pretend we aren't what we are and I don't wear rose coloured glasses. However, I do see at least some hope that under the new owner, we are finally moving in the right direction but making the playoffs next year doesn't look to be in the cards unless Hoyer proves to be more than a good backup QB.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I've heard more than once on NFL.com the idea that the NFL is a QB/schedule league, if you happen to draw an easy schedule using the NFL's formula, your chances to make the playoffs rises substantially and if you draw as tough schedule, your chances lowers greatly unless you have a top franchise QB who can overcome this disadvantage. It's a perfect system for the NFL as it guarantees that the playoff teams will not remain consistent no matter how good they looked the year before. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to understand that the NFL designed the system to insure a strong rotation of playoff teams every year.
Please, provide a suggestion for what you would like to see happen... What alternative do you want? Do you want the best teams in each division to be paired against the worst teams in other divisions every year?

No **** that playing harder teams makes it harder to make the playoffs. Should they reorganize the divisions every year so that a team with a great qb isn't always winning the same division? Or I guess you would prefer that a team with a great QB is always winning their division since there is too much turnover? So what, you want divisions determined by standings every year??

This thread makes no sense and I regret spending my time making this post.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:22 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Normally I would say that they should take Bridgewater, but pairing Clowney and Watt would be insane.
I don't think they would pass on Bridgewater if they end up getting the #1 pick. If they fell to 2 then it would be between Matthews and Clowney in my opinion. Not sure if Clowney could be a 5 technique or not but he has the talent to be OLB.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I don't think they would pass on Bridgewater if they end up getting the #1 pick. If they fell to 2 then it would be between Matthews and Clowney in my opinion. Not sure if Clowney could be a 5 technique or not but he has the talent to be OLB.
It's relatively simple to fix that. Play Clowney as a down end instead of OLB or 5 tech. Basically line him up where the OLB would be but with his hand in the dirt. Very, very occassionally ask him to drop.

No defenses now play a simple 34 or 43 base. You are seeing teams coming out with 2 DTs in the A gaps, or 2 DTs on the outside shoulder of the OG etc.

If you can get a talent like Clowney to go with Watt and Smith then you find a way. If they want to play it straight I definitely think Clowney could play 5 technique but why do that?

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:29 AM    (permalink
nehaali
Rookie

nehaali hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't get your point on the Giants at all. When did you want him to use the timeouts? Or are you suggesting he not use them at all and hope Dallas misses a longer FG?

Braindumps http://my-braindumps.net
nehaali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:28 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't get your point on the Giants at all. When did you want him to use the timeouts? Or are you suggesting he not use them at all and hope Dallas misses a longer FG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehaali View Post

Dafuq is this ****?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think jughead has just been revealed as a robot who's been infiltrating us for years.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote