Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who goes further this season from the NFC West?
San Francisco 58 45.31%
Seattle 70 54.69%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That's pretty good, if you'd rank your best 11 players on defense, I'm pretty sure at the top would be a bunch of guys NOT them.

A Smith
Bowman
Willis
J Smith
Reid
A Brooks

Those 6 for sure.
Starters are starters. And the guys that have missed times aren't liabilities to the defense.

Your arbitrary rankings are irrelevant.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
This thread is such a crap fest.
With the deepest regrets and tears that are soaked
Im sorry to hear that this thread has finally croaked
It lived a full life on his own terms
Soon it'll be burried and eaten by worms
But if I created a thread as stupid as this
I'd wish for it to get cancer so it would die too
So be brave and get a new thread back on track
Cause this old bastard's dead and it ain't ever comming back

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's so bad about it?

The preseason argument was a good one with good points from each side. And it's just a season discussion about the best rivalry in the league. What's the problem? Not like there's anyone in the Seahawks team forum.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Starters are starters. And the guys that have missed times aren't liabilities to the defense.

Your arbitrary rankings are irrelevant.
With all due respect, there's a huge difference between losing an Aaron Rodgers or Clay Matthews than there is a Ryan Pickett or Casey Hayward.

Let's be realistic here please.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With all due respect, there's a huge difference between losing an Aaron Rodgers or Clay Matthews than there is a Ryan Pickett or Casey Hayward.

Let's be realistic here please.
Aaron Rodgers plays on offense. And quarterbacks are different because of the position they play in accordance to how much leverage it has to team success. It's the only position that can make or break an entire season based on the availability of one guy.

We haven't had Aldon Smith the majority of the season and it hasn't been a problem for our linebackers. Meanwhile the absence of guys like Ian Williams or Ray McDonald, less household names, has had a noticeable difference on the line.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ricardo lockette can freak play I never understood why the Niners cut him considering the crop of receivers they chose to keep instead of him. And he was supposedly good buds with kaepernick, so they shoulda anticipated the Seahawks would pick him back up.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there's ever been more of a lock than, right now:

Seattle getting the #1 seed and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, and ending up in the Super Bowl representing the NFC.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:05 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
What's so bad about it?

The preseason argument was a good one with good points from each side. And it's just a season discussion about the best rivalry in the league. What's the problem? Not like there's anyone in the Seahawks team forum.
Nothings bad about the thread.
Just some of us, Packers fans, Niners, Saints, might be a wee bit jealous right about now.
And those that votes for SF above, perhaps don't like being wrong.

Who had Seattle all the way from when thread started?
Raise your hands.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Hokies2013
Rookie

Hokies2013 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

49ers this week.
Hokies2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post
I don't think there's ever been more of a lock than, right now:

Seattle getting the #1 seed and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, and ending up in the Super Bowl representing the NFC.
I don't ever think of using the L word.

But besides the 07 Pats, this is probably the most overwhelming favorite I can remember. Maybe one of the Elway teams? Idk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies2013 View Post
49ers this week.
I am absolutely shocked the 49ers are favored. Shocked. I think it says a lot about how far Vegas thinks they've come since that Carolina game. And maybe a little about how Seattle will approach the game with a loss not really meaning much at all.

But it's still a very fishy line at 2.5.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
But besides the 07 Pats, this is probably the most overwhelming favorite I can remember.
The reigning champion Packers, in 2011-12, were 13-0, went 15-1, had Lambeau Field homefield advantage. They were very heavily-favored, until their OL and defense got exposed vs the Giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc
I am absolutely shocked the 49ers are favored. Shocked. I think it says a lot about how far Vegas thinks they've come since that Carolina game.
Vegas was right on the money.
Was a great game.

What the game shows is this:
On their home turf in "Candlestick", the Niners and Seahawks are pretty even.

In the "Kingdome", it's blowout-city for Seattle.
That's over San Fran or New Orleans.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-09-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Kingdome was torn down in 2000. Gave way to Qwest field which is now Centurylink Field.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The Kingdome was torn down in 2000. Gave way to Qwest field which is now Centurylink Field.
Thanks for the history lesson, which I could have wikipedia'd.

I try not to go with the corporate sell-out names.

To me, San Diego still plays at "The Murph".
Old 12-09-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I originally had Seattle. And wanted Seattle. But I have been so sick of seeing the Seahawk DBs hold and grab nonstop..... like the Patriots.

So I was DELIGHTED at seeing the refs finally start to open their eyes last night and call them for it.

My own Charles Woodson did this a ton, and he got away with it... for awhile. After the zebras figured it out, and flagged him enough, he had to stop it.... and he became less effective and got beaten more often.

This should happen with Seattle too.
The 5-yard mark is NOT discretionary.
When the WR is running and passes that mark, the DBs SHOULD NOT TOUCH GRAB TUG OR HOLD the receiver, his jersey, etc.
And they keep doing it.

Sherman, shut up.
"We didn't project it to be this way," Sherman said, according to the 49ers' official website. "We expected to blow them out, but they got the benefit of a few calls tonight throughout the game and that helps you, especially on third down. We will see them again, and it will be a different result."

Sherman was called twice for defensive holding on third-down plays Sunday.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Problem is that the 49ers were doing the same, on offense and defense. The refs weren't focused on them though, they were to busy trying to make a point to Seattle and let the Niners get away with the same stuff.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Problem is that the 49ers were doing the same, on offense and defense. The refs weren't focused on them though, they were to busy trying to make a point to Seattle and let the Niners get away with the same stuff.
I know there were a record amount of TDs scored yesterday (90 total), but some teams, Seahawks, Niners, Patriots, have obviously intentionally employed the holding as a strategy.

With DVR, so many times I have paused replays and seen DBs regularily grabbing receivers jerseys well beyond 5 yards, sometimes way downfield.
I think we all saw some gotten away with last night.

Offense is still up.
Passing is still up.

But it would be more if the DBs weren't grabbing and tugging regularly.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad its not up more, in fact its still to high. Bring back defense in the NFL. Change illegal contact to past 10 yards. Make defensive holding a 10 yard penalty and no automatic 1st down. Make PI a maximum of 15 yards.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The reigning champion Packers, in 2011-12, were 13-0, went 15-1, had Lambeau Field homefield advantage. They were very heavily-favored, until their OL and defense got exposed vs the Giants.
The sharps knew all along that the 2011 Packers were a paper tiger. They had shown throughout the regular season an inability to play pass defense. Teams that don't play pass defense rarely advance far in the playoffs.

The difference here is that the 2013 Seahawks have shown signs of elite passing offense AND passing defense so far in the regular season. They are no paper tiger.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm glad its not up more, in fact its still to high. Bring back defense in the NFL. Change illegal contact to past 10 yards. Make defensive holding a 10 yard penalty and no automatic 1st down. Make PI a maximum of 15 yards.
As a lover of offense, I can agree with all of those things, to help the defense.

However, I will flag, and eject, and suspend DBs who go after the defenseless receivers like Gronk, Keller, Cobb in their knees.

If these so-called world class athletes can't find the large area around the waist to the chest, then get them off the field.

Also, I will automatically call any tug and hold behind 10 yards, so not to allow an advantage to the DBs like Seattle who test the refs by employing this as a strategy.

Finally the media and refs are onto this, and hopefully they will start covering instead of holding.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
The 49ers had nearly as many penalties as Seattle.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

It's annoying me how many people keep saying the Seahawks need one win to clinch home field. They don't.

If they lose in New York, they'd have to win both home division games to get homefield. A loss could ruin the season. The Niners are going 3-0 down the stretch.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it's entertaining how interested you are in ensuring that everyone knows you don't know the first thing about tackling or physics.

And he makes sure we know a Packer is hurt.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
It's annoying me how many people keep saying the Seahawks need one win to clinch home field. They don't.

If they lose in New York, they'd have to win both home division games to get homefield. A loss could ruin the season. The Niners are going 3-0 down the stretch.
The Seahawks would have to lose 2 out of the next 3 which include only one road game. Which means the Seahawks would be 1-3 to close out the season. That isn't going to happen against the Giants, Cardinals, and Rams. Regardless if the 49ers go 3-0.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2013, 06:17 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it's entertaining how interested you are in ensuring that everyone knows you don't know the first thing about tackling or physics.
I know a lot about tackling, but admittedly didn't fare that well in physics.

I do find it interesting that you support Goodell's efforts to protect the defenseless QB knees, the defenseless "receiver" heads, but not the defenseless "receiver" knees.

As I have said before njx9, you are simply brilliant.