Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 10-02-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Eastern Illinois

I finally got around to watching footage of this FCS product, and I came away impressed. His experience is evident as he is so composed and recognizes/breaks down the defensive looks being thrown at him. He appears technically sound with good mechanics and carries out his fakes well. The level of competition is obviously a concern, and with a some notable FBS quarterbacks, it will be difficult for him to crack the Senior Bowl roster.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't taken a really close look at Garoppolo yet but I heard he got a very high grade from one of the leagues scouting services in the Spring. In fact, I am told he received an early round grade as one of the top handful of senior quarterbacks, ahead of some much bigger names.

For what it's worth Eastern Illinois is the same program that produced Tony Romo.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also Sean Payton's alam mator

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Mike Shanahan.

Kid is from my hometown and went to the same elementary/middle/high schools as me (albeit after me). Hope he continues to do great and gets drafted high.

He's been working with Jeff Christensen, who is supposed to be a QB "guru". I haven't seen much, if any, of EIU but I'm assuming they are a very pass happy offense? Does that skew the view on Garoppolo at all or do his measurables and mechanics still look good?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
And Mike Shanahan.

Kid is from my hometown and went to the same elementary/middle/high schools as me (albeit after me). Hope he continues to do great and gets drafted high.

He's been working with Jeff Christensen, who is supposed to be a QB "guru". I haven't seen much, if any, of EIU but I'm assuming they are a very pass happy offense? Does that skew the view on Garoppolo at all or do his measurables and mechanics still look good?
It is my alma mater. Dino Babers former assistant coach for Baylor came in and flipped everything around. Before he got there they had 2 wins the previous season. His first season he led them to 7 wins.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some video of Garoppolo:

Old 10-11-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

What does everyone think?

Unorthodox style and needs to clean up some technical issues (footwork, etc.) but looks a little Favre-ish with sandlot style. The delivery looks a little 3/4's but he snaps it off quick and has a very live arm. Not sure about those Round 3 grades but is a draftable prospect in my book. Looking forward to seeing how he performs in a post-season all-star game. Not sure a Senior Bowl invite will be in the cards but the East / West Shrine seems like a realistic possibility.

Last edited by Scott Wright : 10-11-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

For what it's worth I was talking with someone about Garoppolo this afternoon and word is he's very much on the Senior Bowl radar and there's a strong chance he will get an invite to Mobile.

That kind of caught me off guard because there is so much competition for those six spots and McCarron and Murray basically have two of them wrapped up. It's going to be interesting!

Last edited by Scott Wright : 10-11-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mettenberger needs an invite too - most improved player in the nation
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
What does everyone think?

Unorthodox style and needs to clean up some technical issues (footwork, etc.) but looks a little Favre-ish with sandlot style. The delivery looks a little 3/4's but he snaps it off quick and has a very live arm. Not sure about those Round 3 grades but is a draftable prospect in my book. Looking forward to seeing how he performs in a post-season all-star game. Not sure a Senior Bowl invite will be in the cards but the East / West Shrine seems like a realistic possibility.
He does seem to get lazy with his footwork, and thankfully that's correctable. Everything is there for him to have a chance to succeed in the NFL.

When it comes to Senior Bowl QB's, can we assume Boyd will be there too?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:50 AM    (permalink
ROFLcopter
Rookie

ROFLcopter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He does seem to get lazy with his footwork, and thankfully that's correctable. Everything is there for him to have a chance to succeed in the NFL.

When it comes to Senior Bowl QB's, can we assume Boyd will be there too?
Dunno about Boyd, but I think Phil Savage said something on twitter to the effect that Carr was basically a lock.
ROFLcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy will be playing in the FCS Tournament on 12/7 - I am interested to see him in action as he is wildcard due to playing at the FCS level.

His regular season stats: 320 comp/492 att 65% 4489 yds 9.1 ypa 48/8 TD-INT ratio
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Sean Payton draft him as Brees successor. Sits like Aaron Rodgers.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
I could see Sean Payton draft him as Brees successor. Sits like Aaron Rodgers.

Not happened. Saints love Ryan Griffin so much.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:40 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Jimmy will be playing in the FCS Tournament on 12/7 - I am interested to see him in action as he is wildcard due to playing at the FCS level.

His regular season stats: 320 comp/492 att 65% 4489 yds 9.1 ypa 48/8 TD-INT ratio
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gil Brandt just put him the 2nd tier of his rankings which suggests anywhere from round 2 to round 4. It will depend on his post season workouts and interviews.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Gil Brandt just put him the 2nd tier of his rankings which suggests anywhere from round 2 to round 4. It will depend on his post season workouts and interviews.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him slide into the end of the 1st round but more likely his ceiling is early 2nd. There are so many things to like about this guy though. He's a 4 year starter, has a crazy fast release, a strong arm, good athleticism, and he has great touch on his deep passes.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched this game and he's not a guy who I think could really rise up the board but he's not one I would put my personal stock into. He is eerily similar to Kevin Kolb out of Houston in mechanics, quickness of the release, and the aesthetics of his game being better than the actual performance. The things that I feel are important to the NFL game today are pocket presence, deep accuracy (have to make them count), and the ability to actually read a defense, get to your 2nd or 3rd read, and then keep the play alive long enough for someone to get open. I don't know how good Garoppolo is at these things because it's tough to test the 1st and 3rd when you're destroying people with a system like this and the 2nd one is definitely a concern.

Once again, I stress that I've seen one live game, a tiny bit of game film, and the rest is information I've gathered from people who I trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I just watched this game and he's not a guy who I think could really rise up the board but he's not one I would put my personal stock into. He is eerily similar to Kevin Kolb out of Houston in mechanics, quickness of the release, and the aesthetics of his game being better than the actual performance. The things that I feel are important to the NFL game today are pocket presence, deep accuracy (have to make them count), and the ability to actually read a defense, get to your 2nd or 3rd read, and then keep the play alive long enough for someone to get open. I don't know how good Garoppolo is at these things because it's tough to test the 1st and 3rd when you're destroying people with a system like this and the 2nd one is definitely a concern.

Once again, I stress that I've seen one live game, a tiny bit of game film, and the rest is information I've gathered from people who I trust.
I agree that the 1st and 3rd traits are difficult to gauge but I've always thought that his deep ball accuracy was one of his strengths.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
I agree that the 1st and 3rd traits are difficult to gauge but I've always thought that his deep ball accuracy was one of his strengths.
I think it's more the placement than completion percentage, in my mind. He's missing the right placement on big windows, and that's concerning because in the NFL those windows shrink. It's something some guys can sacrifice and it is something that gets better with coaching and WR talent, so I think it's not the biggest career killer if he is spotty there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He throws a pretty ball, but my questions are:

- The obvious, level of competition
- Can he play from under the center?

I hope he gets a senior bowl invite...
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote