Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-03-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors are we've hired Doug Meacham from Houston (formerly of OSU) but it hasn't been confirmed just yet by Gary Patterson or the school. If so, anyone know anything about him?
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To all those who claimed Mora would jump to UW or the NFL the moment the opportunity presented itself...

6 year extension.

(and I'm not talking about the UW suggestions from today)

Let's also chill on the Klemm to USC stuff for a moment. I'm not saying it's impossible, but let's not just assume USC can get anyone they are rumored to have interest in. The HC search showed why that approach can be a bit presumptuous.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 12-03-2013 at 08:24 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
To all those who claimed Mora would jump to UW or the NFL the moment the opportunity presented itself...

6 year extension.

Let's also chill on the Klemm to USC stuff for a moment. I'm not saying it's impossible, but let's not just assume USC can get anyone they are rumored to have interest in. The HC search showed why that approach can be a bit presumptuous.
I'd rather keep Mora in UCLA and kick his ass TBH. Alot more rewarding.

Oh, and if he has success going forward(More than this year's results) he will be off to the NFL if presented. Lets not kid ourselves.

Last edited by Punisher : 12-03-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I'd rather keep Mora in UCLA and kick his ass TBH. Alot more rewarding.

Oh, and if he has success going forward(More than this year's results) he will be off to the NFL if presented. Lets not kid ourselves.
3+ years down the road with a lot of success maybe. But people were acting like he was simply using UCLA as a stepping to the NFL or UW (the dream job he apparently wouldn't turn down). Basically suggesting he has zero loyalty to the program. That looks foolish now.

I'm not saying he's some lock to be a program lifer (that would be a naive claim about almost any coach), but it looks pretty safe to say that he is committed to the program and will be around for a while.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 12-03-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

6 year extension.

About Klemm, I know that Sark came at a discount compared to what we were willing to pay so Klemm would likely be getting one helluva pay raise to come across town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
About Klemm, I know that Sark came at a discount compared to what we were willing to pay so Klemm would likely be getting one helluva pay raise to come across town.
Can't say I know the ins and outs of the SC hiring situation, but Mora's extension should provide some clarity to the situation now that Klemm knows what he's choosing between. SC will certainly have more money to offer, but if Klemm likes and feels loyal to Mora/UCLA, then the Mora extension could encourage him to stay. We will see.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can't say I know the ins and outs of the SC hiring situation, but Mora's extension should provide some clarity to the situation now that Klemm knows what he's choosing between. SC will certainly have more money to offer, but if Klemm likes and feels loyal to Mora/UCLA, then the Mora extension could encourage him to stay. We will see.
Yeah and I would imagine he will get a little raise at UCLA as well. Will be interesting, we have heard that he likes the idea of USC. What that means? **** if I know.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whether we get Klemm or not, I will just be ecstatic at the fact James Cregg is no longer with the program. The OL development has been disgusting under him.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Whether we get Klemm or not, I will just be ecstatic at the fact James Cregg is no longer with the program. The OL development has been disgusting under him.
This. Why he was kept on after Summers was hired is beyond me. LK just keeping his butt buddy on staff more than anythng.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Wilcox is interviewing today for the interim head coaching job at Washington. USC doesn't want to pay the full 1m dollar buyout for Wilcox but will pay the 400 grand buyout for Tosh Lupoi.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Justin Wilcox is interviewing today for the interim head coaching job at Washington. USC doesn't want to pay the full 1m dollar buyout for Wilcox but will pay the 400 grand buyout for Tosh Lupoi.
I fully believe they will end up paying the buyout. The buyout for a DC equal or better is likely around the same figure anyways.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
HEY! Tell UCLA not to get into a bidding war, you gon pissed us off getting KP and then trying to poach Tee...so now we are putting our foot down. Looks like Klemm will be a Trojan.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
HEY! Tell UCLA not to get into a bidding war, you gon pissed us off getting KP and then trying to poach Tee...so now we are putting our foot down. Looks like Klemm will be a Trojan.
Can't say I saw the KP hiring coming. I'd hate to lose Klemm, but KP is a pleasant surprise. I'm not going to jump the gun on who goes where yet though. Seems like a lot of things are still shaking out. We will see what transpires.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Can't say I saw the KP hiring coming. I'd hate to lose Klemm, but KP is a pleasant surprise. I'm not going to jump the gun on who goes where yet though. Seems like a lot of things are still shaking out. We will see what transpires.
As far as a RB "Coach" is concerned I will take Robinson any day of the week after seeing the RB's progress from last year to this year...but KP is a ******* stud recruiter.

But we have to bring him back first.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
As far as a RB "Coach" is concerned I will take Robinson any day of the week after seeing the RB's progress from last year to this year...but KP is a ******* stud recruiter.

But we have to bring him back first.
Klemm is kind of the same deal. Meh OL coach, amazing recruiter.

I'd obviously love to have him back, but the KP hiring is a pretty big get in its own right. I'm sure this will be resolved soon.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 12-04-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Klemm is kind of the same deal. Meh OL coach, amazing recruiter.

I'd obviously love to have him back, but the KP hiring is a pretty big get in its own right. As I've said before, I'm not really going to jump on any of the gossip/rumors until they actually happen. I'm sure some have value, but a lot are also pure **** (as we saw with the USC hiring process over the last week or so). I'm sure this will be resolved soon.
Well considering how well our front 7 played all season, and for them to get dominated by your o-line full of true freshman, and then one injured, and one ejected, I was impressed...so it does make me think Klemm can coach a little as well.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Klemm isn't going to USC
Old 12-04-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Klemm isn't going to USC
PM me...............

Quote:
Old 12-04-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well considering how well our front 7 played all season, and for them to get dominated by your o-line full of true freshman, and then one injured, and one ejected, I was impressed...so it does make me think Klemm can coach a little as well.
The OL was probably our biggest weakness this year. Hundley was running for his life more often than not. The USC game was more the exception than the norm. I'm not going to blame Klemm for that though. All the youth and injuries made that unit impossible to evaluate.

He's above average as a OL coach. Possibly "good", but his real strength is recruiting is what I was trying to get at. Either way, he's an awesome assistant to have on the staff.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
The OL was probably our biggest weakness this year. Hundley was running for his life more often than not. The USC game was more the exception than the norm. I'm not going to blame Klemm for that though. All the youth and injuries made that unit impossible to evaluate.

He's above average as a OL coach. Possibly "good", but his real strength is recruiting is what I was trying to get at. Either way, he's an awesome assistant to have on the staff.
Oh we have heard the same thing. Part of it was how fast Hundley was getting the ball out and for whatever reason our CB's looking like they were running on ice with how much they were slipping. But I was impressed with the Line play...thought we were gonna be able to get after the QB.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh we have heard the same thing. Part of it was how fast Hundley was getting the ball out and for whatever reason our CB's looking like they were running on ice with how much they were slipping. But I was impressed with the Line play...thought we were gonna be able to get after the QB.
I was also impressed, especially when considering that we had this exact same discussion prior to the game.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I don't know what you are hearing sick, but if it's still Klemm to USC, then the rumors I'm hearing say otherwise.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
I don't know what you are hearing sick, but if it's still Klemm to USC, then the rumors I'm hearing say otherwise.
Already stated that above
Old 12-05-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Already stated that above
I wasn't sure what to make of your brevity. Plus sick and I were having an ongoing conversation on the topic.

Mora is the tits. This staff is going to crush it on the recruiting trail.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 12-05-2013 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
I wasn't sure what to make of your brevity. Plus sick and I were having an ongoing conversation on the topic.

Mora is the tits. This staff is going to crush it on the recruiting trail.
Especially since our compliance staff seems to be against bringing on Tosh.

Quote: