Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-06-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Allegations? Again, show me where Miles committed a violation. I'm waiting.
Show me a successful program and I'll show you one who cheats. Stop acting like Les is a saint.

I like Les, I really do. I loved Pete...its just the way the game is. If you think LSU does it all clean, you are ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let's not try to act like the coaches of our favorite team aren't scummy. All the best salespeople in the world are scummy. It is a trait of a great recruiter.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Show me a successful program and I'll show you one who cheats. Stop acting like Les is a saint.

I like Les, I really do. I loved Pete...its just the way the game is. If you think LSU does it all clean, you are ignorant.
/end scene.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Let's not try to act like the coaches of our favorite team aren't scummy. All the best salespeople in the world are scummy. It is a trait of a great recruiter.
Yeah, used car salesmen but dealing with kid's livelihoods and health.

And I've said it before, but I absolutely do not like Meyer. He is a slimeball.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smooth move Washington! Peterson? Wow, nice!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Smooth move Washington! Peterson? Wow, nice!
Love this move. It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the Pac-12.

I'd like to see a guy like Max Browne be able to transfer to a UW and play right away. For me if you change coaches let the kid be able to move on without a penalty.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Washington certainly won that round. Rarely does a team get such an upgrade by having their current coach hired away.
It's really pretty incredible. What some people outside of Seattle might not know is Sark was effectively one loss away from being FIRED at UW. There was a lot of chatter among some very influential boosters that should UW have lost this last game against WSU, there would have been a very significant push for him to be fired. Sark was going to be on the hotseat next year at UW, so it's not like USC hired away a beloved coach.

No one involved with the University of Washington wants 8 or 9 wins. They want to be competing for a national championship. They upgraded to a coach that gives them a much better shot at that. He ALMOST took BSU to a National Championship, imagine what he can do at UW that has put in a lot of money to be state of the art and is really a fantastic campus and city for college kids.

And I'm not even a UW fan. USC, though, has to be a bit shocked and embarrassed they came out of this with the second best coach and the only coach in the PAC12 who has never won more than 9 games in a season. UW comes out with the coach that has been potential candidate #1 for almost all of the highest profile jobs in the last several years.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 12-06-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
The only thing I remember about that situation is Meyer flagging his ACT scores after he chose to play for us. And if anything, Dwayne Bowe would be the guy to use this example on, not PP7. Although nothing can still be proven on that front either.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Love this move. It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the Pac-12.

I'd like to see a guy like Max Browne be able to transfer to a UW and play right away. For me if you change coaches let the kid be able to move on without a penalty.
Why would Max transfer, its going to be an open competition and one he likely wins. He has a relationship with Sark...so????

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post

No one involved with the University of Washington wants 8 or 9 wins. They want to be competing for a national championship. They upgraded to a coach that gives them a much better shot at that. He ALMOST took BSU to a National Championship, imagine what he can do at UW that has put in a lot of money to be state of the art and is really a fantastic campus and city for college kids.

And I'm not even a UW fan. USC, though, has to be a bit shocked and embarrassed they came out of this with the second best coach and the only coach in the PAC12 who has never won more than 9 games in a season. UW comes out with the coach that has been potential candidate #1 for almost all of the highest profile jobs in the last several years.
There lies the problem. Washington isn't a national contender anymore. Petersen can't do LA and that is totally understandable, we dont feel like we swung an missed...it was something he was interested in and showed that. In the end he didn't think it would be the best fit for him and his family. He goes somewhere that he can go without the pressure of winning NC's from day one.

I wanted CP bad, but it just didn't work out. I am warming up to Sark, and still believe that its the NEXT time that this job opens up that it is most coveted. We will still be seeing the effects of sanctions for another year or two.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why would Max transfer, its going to be an open competition and one he likely wins. He has a relationship with Sark...so????
Not sure what relationship he has with Sark. If he thought that much of him why leave for SC in the first place.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Not sure what relationship he has with Sark. If he thought that much of him why leave for SC in the first place.
USC >>>>>>>>> U Dub? lol

Quote:
Old 12-06-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
USC >>>>>>>>> U Dub? lol
UW has the new stadium here and Browne is a local kid. Besides Seattle is better than L.A. we all know that.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
UW has the new stadium here and Browne is a local kid. Besides Seattle is better than L.A. we all know that.
USC pumps out first round QB's all the time (Might bust more times than not) but way more then UW does.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Better in what? Suicide rate?

You think if it were such a nice place to live people wouldn't be offing themselves off at the highest rate in the nation. Just my .02 cents.

;)

Last edited by Punisher : 12-06-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Better in what? Suicide rate?

You think if it were such a nice place to live people wouldn't be offing themselves off at the highest rate in the nation. Just my .02 cents.

;)
http://youtu.be/GNyUlQGQx54?t=9s
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
USC pumps out first round QB's all the time (Might bust more times than not) but way more then UW does.
The guy that pumped out those first round QBs was the HC at Washington, unless you're counting Marinovich, in that case I'll just keep posting Steve Emtman highlights forever.

I never thought Peterson was going to be available as a head coach, or else he would have been 1b behind Mora, but all things considered, if I had to choose between Sark and Peterson today, I'd choose Peterson. Sark is an LA guy and all that, Peterson is a PNW guy and there is a huge difference.

He's the guy that could turn Montlake around. It has almost all the perks of the facilities of Oregon (no hot tubs and fountains) with the added benefit of not being in the middle of nowhere like Eugene, the stadium is on campus and is the best one in the Pac-12 because no matter how big of TV you put in the corner you can't build a lake off to the side of your stadium, and it has a tradition of winning whether you want to accept it or not.

Plus, Washington is an underrated hotbed of talent and getting those kids to stay home is easier than talking them into staying in LA (DeAnthony Thomas, anyone).

To say this isn't a great hire or that UW isn't one of the best destinations in the country is outrageous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Max had no issues with Sark. Took an OV to Bama when Nuss went and was seriously considering going there too. He's not leaving unless it looks like he can't start in 2 years. Besides does UW really need a QB right now? Cyler Miles, Jeff Lindquist and Troy Williams are all R-SOs or younger and were very highly rated.

But yeah Seattle >>>>> LA. LA sucks :P
Old 12-06-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
The guy that pumped out those first round QBs was the HC at Washington, unless you're counting Marinovich, in that case I'll just keep posting Steve Emtman highlights forever.

I never thought Peterson was going to be available as a head coach, or else he would have been 1b behind Mora, but all things considered, if I had to choose between Sark and Peterson today, I'd choose Peterson. Sark is an LA guy and all that, Peterson is a PNW guy and there is a huge difference.

He's the guy that could turn Montlake around. It has almost all the perks of the facilities of Oregon (no hot tubs and fountains) with the added benefit of not being in the middle of nowhere like Eugene, the stadium is on campus and is the best one in the Pac-12 because no matter how big of TV you put in the corner you can't build a lake off to the side of your stadium, and it has a tradition of winning whether you want to accept it or not.

Plus, Washington is an underrated hotbed of talent and getting those kids to stay home is easier than talking them into staying in LA (DeAnthony Thomas, anyone).

To say this isn't a great hire or that UW isn't one of the best destinations in the country is outrageous.
When did I say any of that? UW is a good job, they have good boosters and people behind them. They have a solid tradition, but they aren't USC. They aren't a program that 5* QB's consistently flock to, Sark helped develop 2 (Leinart and Mark). But Chow was the guy behind Carson and Leinart for the most part.

Why hasn't it been easier to keep them there then? Sark and his staff are great recruiters but when it comes to local 5* guys how many have you kept there? Kasen and who else?

Banner went to USC
Max - USC
Taylor Mayes - USC
Schilling - Michigan
Buddah Baker - Not likely to go to Washington IMO
Mattingly - UO
Heaps - BYU (and didnt even come back when he transferred)

I mean so that argument is quite overblown, while most of the 5* talent stays home to play at USC. (Lee, Woods, Farmer, Wittek, Kessler, Pullard, Mitchell, and the list goes on) Kids in LA grow up dreaming of being Trojans. Husky nation needs to bring that back, and I think Petersen can do that...however right now most of your arguments are crap.

USC is and always will be a better job than UW. Did you get the coach I wanted? ABSOLUTELY, I've wanted CP for years, but in the end...if he doesn't feel like its a fit I respect that, and don't wanna coach that is not happy in the situation he's in.

Quote:

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 12-06-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

regardless of how much in/out of state talent peterson pulls, he's got a proven track record of very good football teams that didn't exactly have top notch recruits. awesome hire by UW
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love a good old west coast slap fight.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I love a good old west coast slap fight.
I guess us slappers just enjoy beating the **** out of the midwestern powers known as "The" Ohio State ;).

Quote:
Old 12-07-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

told you all USC wasn't that great of a gig

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
told you all USC wasn't that great of a gig
Keep telling yourself that.

Quote: